Any UC servers out there?

seems so horrid to see 0 servers online i was wondering if anyone hosts a server or planning to do so.

Edit: Unauthorized image removed from signature.

If your unsure what is acceptable read these topics:

How to add your system profile to your forum sig

Everyone read this, Sig's, what they are for

[ 02-06-2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

I'm plannning on hosting a server that will be up most weekdays up untill about 6pm GMT each day. However, I am waiting on the new patch which will provide some multiplay fixes/tweaks that I would like to be running. Additionaly the same patch is slated to have a non-graphical server on it which is good for the machine I intend to use...it'll save a lot of processing time. (I think)

Even more additionally, the server I'm planning to install it onto isn't even built yet!

My only two primary concerns right now are that my DSL line (512K down, 256K up) will not be enough for it and that my server may not cope anyways. But we'll see.

Hopefully it'll be done for the weekend and I'll post about it as soon as it's available.

quote:

My only two primary concerns right now are that my DSL line (512K down, 256K up) will not be enough for it and that my server may not cope anyways. But we'll see.

nah 256k512k is enough heck some heavy duty MMORPG servers i know are ran on less though i would advise a strong pc for the job .

quote:

Hopefully it'll be done for the weekend and I'll post about it as soon as it's available.

I also just sent an email to my boss regarding some dedicated servers... it's going to take some pushing but it may be possible to convince the head honchos to stick one up in the interests of the UK market. I also mentioned it'll be usefull for some of the future games we're looking at.

I only sent a brief proposal and nothing is promised by me at all (I'm not in a posistion to make such promises to the end user but I can certainly pass on reccomendations to the folks that can give a yay or nay on the idea.)

Heck, I'm not even sure if it's something we're able to do yet.

I'd like to point out though that I'm a genuine player of this game and not some poor excuse of a PR person trying to make the game sound better for extra sales.

[Did I mention I work for the UK distributer of this title? ]

quote:

I can spare a new dell percision workstation, dual cpu, 2Gig,Scuze, ect 24/7 server/workstation. just let me know..

Say What!!!

If you have decent bandwidth I'd say give it a shot. However, as previously mentioned, you may want to wait for the next patch (hopefully) for console support.

On second thought, try it anyway..

The bloody dedicated server wants to see the CD in the drive. Is there any way at all to have safedisc removed for dedicated servers in the future? (Maybe via an added non-safedisk dedicated-only binary?)

I have to admit that I hate safedisc with a passion.

quote:

Originally posted by Werewolf:

The bloody dedicated server wants to see the CD in the drive. Is there any way at all to have safedisc removed for dedicated servers in the future? (Maybe via an added non-safedisk dedicated-only binary?)

I have to admit that I hate safedisc with a passion.

Good idea. I will disable that in the 1.00.02 patch

My server is up and running, servername is "hoxdna.org"

Sadly it crashes regularely when people are playing. Since I'm not there when it happens most of the time, it's hard to establish a pattern. I have to check back every now and then, to click away the error message (Win2k doesn't hide those like XP does) so the server can restart.

I sometimes use VNC at the office.. VNC is a real resource hog for such a small program. When checking up on some servers it can peg the CPU (hard on screen refreshes apparently). I've since switched over to NetOp (ya pay for it though). Much less CPU hog. Maybe VNC is strangling UC Server?

VNC is a great little program, don't get me wrong. Just letting you know that its caused me resource probs in the past. Might be interesting to use perfmon and track how it affects the server.

I'd like to set one up, but have some homework to do about setup on my LAN. I'm behind a NAT router and even though other players logged on, I was unable to.

Read the FAQ about this and need to find a way to host an internet server and connect to it using the public IP (versus through my LAN which I know is impossible). I'm not as knowledgeable with networks and subnets etc... but if it's possible I'll put one up.

• 3 weeks later...