Co-op & NPC generation request

From UC FAQ

quote:

Q. WHY IS THERE NO CO-OP GAMEPLAY MODE MENTIONED IN THE MANUAL?

A. Because of how the game is designed, co-op play is not a straightforward feature. What this means is that you and a bunch of friends can join a server as the same RACE/CASTE and engage forces hostile to your race/caste. However, in order to keep the processing and packet requests to a minimum, the ability for bases to launch NPC crafts is disabled. So, while you can attack a station, it won't launch any fighters. It will only defend itself using turrets and missiles.

In the future, NPC generation may be enabled for LAN servers only.

Good co-op is the biggest Yea/Nea for me buying game so I'm a little conflicted based on this. Can anyone elaborate on how fun just trading and attacking hostile bases w/out fighters coming out to greet us? Can Derek elaborate on how long it might take to get NPC generation for LAN servers?

Oh, Hi all. I've been lurking on and off for years.

I had since enabled this to a limited extent in the (BCMG/UC) server. If the server has AG on, then there will be NPC fighters in hostile territory.

I will probably get around to doing the same on planetary bases. I just have to add marines to the bases etc. No, I don't plan on doing this in BCM Gold.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I had since enabled this to a limited extent in the (BCMG/UC) server. If the server has AG on, then there will be NPC fighters in hostile territory.

I will probably get around to doing the same on planetary bases. I just have to add marines to the bases etc. No, I don't plan on doing this in BCM Gold.

AG=?

Thank you. This and prompt personal attention has sold me. I've asked my local EB to save me a copy (Feb 11 in Canada).

• 3 months later...