XFire - Instant Messenger For Gamers

Ok I tried it Papi's way: that brought up the ingame browser to connect to a server. so that way works.

I tried again with the steps I posted above and it is still working over here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out what's wrong.

If you have friends logged you can launch game through selecting your friend and selecting the joypad icon with Eclipses parameters and it brings you straight to the server where your friend is.

But if there's none of your friends already online and you try to select > Tools > Launch > Universal Combat Multiplayer, it doesn't work with +connect parameters.

So the best way is to use Eclipses parameters.

That makes sense because Eclipses method uses the +connect parameter which sends you directly to the server. Since you have friends connected and XFire is passing the +connect and other params (thereby bypassing the in-game browser), this will work and thats why it does.

If you don't have friends connected and you try using +connect, then it won't work because there is no IP to pass to ucmp.exe. In which case, it will be ignored and then try to start the game. Of course, it won't start without the /c parameter which launches the in-game browswer.

Guest thehankg

Hey, Anyone who wants a friend on Xfire that has UC can add me, my SN is wolf57. and on AIM its realgothchick323 (That started as a joke but i kept it anyway) I look forward to hearing from some fellow UC'ers!

I think I should create a master friend group, this way anyone invited to that group, is automatically friends with everyone in it. Think I'll do that today.

Anyway, I am working with Chris on this and I think we've found a solution which will be in the next update.

Basically, if you use /c and +connect in the shortcut, the +connect will override the /c and instead of launching the in-game browser, will attempt to use the +connect to join the target server.

So, if you added /c to Eclipse's version, it will work if you try to join your friend who is currently online, since it will use +connect to join. And if you just try to run the game without joining someone, if you have /c without the +connect, it will work fine.

So someone needs to test if this variant works in both Papi's and Eclipse's cases.

code:

[4211]

LongName=Universal Combat Multiplayer

ShortName=ucmp

Icon=uc.ico

LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE3000adUniversal Combatpath

LauncherExe=ucmp.exe

LauncherPasswordArgs=+password "%UA_GAME_HOST_PASSWORD%"

LauncherNetworkArgs="+connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS%"

InstallHint=

Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS% /c

ServerStatusType=FARCRY

CanBeUpForGame=TRUE

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

doh, no I forgot. But if you want to create it, be my guest.

That's what I'm going to do tonight when I get home.

Sooo... I need everyone who wants to join in the 3000ad friendlist to tell me their XFire username, so that I can add it to 3000ad friendlist. I tried to look for XFire usernames in the profiles, but just few has it in their profiles. Please add it to your profile or send a pm to me.

BTW SC, can I use 3000ad as a master friend group name?

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

BTW SC, can I use 3000ad as a master friend group name?

Sure

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

I forgot to ask if it would be possible to add XFire username to fleet db profile too?

I'll have Mark (the webdude) look into it.

I've greated 3000ad profile to XFire.

Just search for 3000ad as a username and request to be added.

You don't have to send any information here or to me.

One thing, you must set your status to "Up for a game: Universal Combat Multiplayer" if you're online and not playing, otherwise you won't be seen by others.

If you're already playing UCMP others can see you online and join the game you're in.

As a second quick tip (thanks to Papi for creating a 3000ad profile btw), I've just installed Xfire and found that deleting the 'testuserxxx' account at the bottom got rid of all the 'random' players I was presented with.

This way, you'll only see friends of the profile '3000ad' instead of some of the sucky games I was presented with when I first installed Xfire.

It'll make it easier to browse the games list you're interested in (UC ) and the users who are up for a game of UC but not playing a game right now.

Hope it helped in some small way; it was beginning to annoy me.

Can I be your sidekick Papi, as the first official member added to the 3000ad master friend list?? Well, can I, can I? *jumping up and down impatiently*

No for real, this XFire thing is great. Thanks for creating the master friend list Papi.

just press the little + icon at the bottom left of the XFire console. Then type 3000ad in the 'Username' box and press search, after its found press "send" button.

To delete the common friend, just rightclick on its name and choose delete.