XFire - Instant Messenger For Gamers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to edit the ua_plugin.ini after XFire's updates anymore. They have fixed the lines in the ini file in the last update.

I noticed while browsing Fleet db, that only few of the commanders that have actually installed the XFire have their XFire profile name mentioned in their fleet db profile.

Maybe commanders who are just now installing XFire should use shorter profile names and then edit their nicknames to use longer ones.

Remember, that it is your profile name that you write in Fleet db or in your forum profile.

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

You don't have to edit the ua_plugin.ini after XFire's updates anymore. They have fixed the lines in the ini file in the last update.

I was little too optimistic about this

You still have to add +connect to the LauncherNetworkArgs line.

I was sure I saw it earlier today

So, plz check the ini file everytime XFire updates.

This from Chris over at XFire after I alerted him to the issue this morning (after reading the posts above)

quote:

Arg, I thought we had it right last time. We just patched it again and it should be up next thursday (6/24).

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

quote:

I was little too optimistic about this

You still have to add +connect to the LauncherNetworkArgs line.

I was sure I saw it earlier today

So, plz check the ini file everytime XFire updates.

Have they fixed this yet?

Also, I have noticed that if you have your firewall enabled when XF tries to update itself and it can't (e.g. it is blocked), it will totally kill your HTTP connection (i.e. your browser won't work) until you reboot. I use Norton Personal Firewall and each time this happens, I have to reboot.

I still have problems trying to join a game in progress using the 'game controller' icon.

If I select a game in progress,press 'join game',I get the single player screen,apparently the +connect parameters are not being passed properly to UCMP.

If I edit the UA_plugin.ini so that:

LauncherNetworkArgs="+connect %...........%" is changed to

LauncherNetworkArgs=+connect "%............%"

then I get the proper 'start new game' menu.

But then if I hit accept,after about 3 seconds I get a error dialog Fatal Error:Server Connection Failed.

I can start a game from xfire using tools->launch->Universal Combat Multiplayer.

Using the latest version .16 and have already reinstalled.

Also after about 10 minutes xfire gives a error:

'Error reading from the Server'.This issue has been discussed on their forum.Still unresolved.

Possible router problem,even though I opened the xfire port 25999.

quote:

I'll try to log in a bit more. But it does get discouraging.

A lot of times I just plain forget to log in. I basically, more or less, just use ASE to see who's on and get on a server that way.

To be honest I'm more inclined to refer to ASE since it tells me exactly who is on the servers, regardless of whether they are logged on to Xfire or not. But when I'm playing and in-between games I'm always logged on.

I finally got it figured out how to edit the ua_plugin.ini file, so that you can join the server in Servers tab!

Change this line to:

code:

Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% /c +connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS%

After editing and starting XFire you can join the server that other players are playing on (you can see even those that have not installed XFire, same way as with ASE), just click joypad icon.

Cool, eh?

quote:

I finally got it figured out how to edit the ua_plugin.ini file, so that you can join the server in Servers tab!

Change this line to:

code:

Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% /c +connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS%

After editing and starting XFire you can join the server that other players are playing on (you can see even those that have not installed XFire, same way as with ASE), just click joypad icon.

Cool, eh?

What should the 'LauncherNetworkArgs' line be?

The default?

Yes, since now they have added "+connect" to the default line.

Edit: I noticed that player list shows only one player, even there's more players connected

quote:

I'm lost. What purpose does this server? And how is it different from the normal method of joining a server?

• 2 months later...

Bump!

Remember to log on to XFire whenever you're looking for UC playing friends.

With ASE you can see only players who are already in game, but with XFire you can find those who are waiting, just like you

Remember to edit the ua_plugin.in as mentioned above.