Multiplay startup crash!?!?!?

Guest thehankg

Guest thehankg

Yeah, I am not new at all at UC (Single player that is-over 100,000 credits in the game) But whenever i start up the multiplayer and click refresh the servers come up (3 of them) then the music starts sounding like a scratched record and my computer locks up. (Its no problem with my PC cuz its got a Radeon card and 512 mb ram) I am mad cuz the multi play is one of the reasons i got the game. Any help or hearing other people with the same prob would be great, thanx.

Guest thehankg

lol sorry i sayd "(Single player that is-over 100,000 credits in the game)" I ment to say 100,000,000 hehehe. my bad...

Unless and until you ladies patch the game properly, you will have problems. Its that simple. If the single player (Wolf57, I just deleted a "problem patching" post of yours. Do that again, and you're in deep) has a problem, so will the multiplayer.

quote:

Originally posted by MadFox:

I have the 2.0 patch. Are you refering to the new beta multiplayer patches ?

Well, judging from your system profile in your sig, I think.....oh, thats right, you don't have a system profile in your sig.

Guest thehankg

Look, i have the 2.0 or whatever patch, in fact, muliplayer never worked, i know how to patch, i am a veteran at video games and anything with computers, that release candidate i tried to install and messed up was not my fault, it was the patch. What heppens is i start MP then click refresh, 3 things come up then the game crashes. i dont do anything wrong, i just click refresh, what kinda lame game does messes up and when someone asks for tech support they get yelled at and insulted. I find this outragious! I dont care if i get banned, i just want some help with my favorite game. i dont want to be yelled at.

Sincerely, Hank

Guest thehankg

Anyway, Single play works perfect! And i love the new touches from the 2.0 patch. Its MULTIPLAYER THAT DOES NOT WORK.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolf57:

Look, i have the 2.0 or whatever patch, in fact, muliplayer never worked, i know how to patch, i am a veteran at video games and anything with computers,

Really?

quote:

that release candidate i tried to install and messed up was not my fault, it was the patch. What heppens is i start MP then click refresh, 3 things come up then the game crashes. i dont do anything wrong, i just click refresh, what kinda lame game does messes up and when someone asks for tech support they get yelled at and insulted. I find this outragious! I dont care if i get banned, i just want some help with my favorite game. i dont want to be yelled at.

Sincerely, Hank

First of all, nobody yelled at you.

Second of all, if you wanted tech support, you'd follow the rules by fixing your sig, posting in the tech support forum etc.

There is NOTHING in the multiplayer executable that makes it different from the singleplayer executable and which would cause it to act as such.

And since you don't mind being banned, fine. You've been banned.

Ack, sorry.

I run a P4 at 2000Ghz, 1Gb Ram, ATI Radeon 9600Pro 256Mb.

Those are the basic specs, really sorry, but im a mechanic, not a computer wiz... and I cant work with the sig either.

Mesa ignorant. But I guess my problem is not having the 2.00.04 patch.

Anyways, im going to crawl back into my hole now... *cough*

quote:

Originally posted by MadFox:

Ack, sorry.

I run a P4 at 2000Ghz, 1Gb Ram, ATI Radeon 9600Pro 256Mb.

Those are the basic specs, really sorry, but im a mechanic, not a computer wiz... and I cant work with the sig either.

Mesa ignorant. But I guess my problem is not having the 2.00.04 patch.

Anyways, im going to crawl back into my hole now... *cough*

c'mon man, how hard could this be? I mean, really?

You're not getting any tech support from me - or anyone - without that information. Even if you sent email to the tech support address in the manual, you will be asked for the same info.

And no, typing it up above makes no difference to me because you have to prove yourself to be a registered owner of my game in order to solicit any form of support. Yeah, you don't like it. I don't care. Thats just the way it is.

So, feel free to read this, get pissed, type up something silly (like Wolf57 above). And get banned. I can do this all day long and it makes NO difference to me whatsoever. Rules are rules and NOBODY is excempt from them. If others here can abide by them, so can you and everyone else.

I am closing this. Once you have complied with the above, you can open a tech support thread in the tech support forum and wait for assistance.