Ventrilo

Hey friends, I recently tried out a voice chat app that's WAY superior to what we're using now with Teamspeak. Ventrilo's got a MUCH clearer codec, and it's got better microphone support within the application for those (like myself) who, for whatever reason, are difficult to hear. In a two hour chat I had with some friends from college, everyone was clearly audible and there was no "can you repeat that?" or "can you speak up?" Hearing is believing, and I think that if you guys try it you'll prefer it to Teamspeak. You can find the link to the client here.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

Hey friends, I recently tried out a voice chat app that's WAY superior to what we're using now with Teamspeak. Ventrilo's got a MUCH clearer codec, and it's got better microphone support within the application for those (like myself) who, for whatever reason, are difficult to hear. In a two hour chat I had with some friends from college, everyone was clearly audible and there was no "can you repeat that?" or "can you speak up?" Hearing is believing, and I think that if you guys try it you'll prefer it to Teamspeak. You can find the link to the client

Thanks, but no thanks if its not broken no need to fix it. The only reason a very few are hard to hear is due to poorly configured sound settings or sub-standard hardware.

Teamspeak is the recognized and host voice medium by 3000AD for the Fleet League's official competition during to 2005 season.

I'll check into the client and server apps and if its worth the change over for 2006 I'll see if it can be official hosted in place of TS, but it will have to maintain many of the same features of TS and work flawless for the majority as TS does now.

One of the main features I would be looking for is the web post ability to allow members to join the server from a web interface, and that displays all members that are on the server and their statistics.

There is not need for anyone to switch to Ventrilo. Teamspeak remains our support app for voice.

IMO, Ventrilo is in no way, shape or form, superior to Teamspeak in any facet. If you don't know how to configure it; then don't use it.

*MOVED*

• 1 month later...