Multiplayer Servers Status

o direct connect to mp servers, below are the server specs.

e.g. to direct connect to UCSE on mpserver2, your Join MP Server shortcut would look something like this:

ucSEmp.exe +connect mpserver2.3000ad.com:2303 /logchat

UCAWA

mpserver1.3000ad.com:2302 *

mpserver2.3000ad.com:2302

mpserver3.3000ad.com:2302

UCSE

mpserver1.3000ad.com:2303 *

mpserver2.3000ad.com:2303

mpserver3.3000ad.com:2303

* Password protected fleet server

[ 11-30-2006, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 1 month later...
Guest Remo Williams

I would like to announce that about a week ago Derek reserved UCAWA server 1 for fleet activity. Thats right gentlemen for the time being we have server 1 again all to our selves to conduct our fleet league matchs and practice sessions.

Since the fleet DB is now clean of all inactive members I will be sending out the servers password through the DB comms system to all fleet members shortly. Do not give out this password to anyone that is not in a fleet or heads will roll.

• 4 months later...

The mp servers will be down until further notice. There is a problem with the latest DirectX runtime and the console server running on non PS 1.1 hardware. This will be looked into this weekend and hopefully will be resolved over the weekend.

• 4 months later...

We are having some problems with the master server. This server is responsible for key authentication, the dB backend for GameCQ etc. So, if that server goes down, the mp server's can't report to it etc.

Usually when the servers go down, they send out an email alert letting us know. But in the case of a hard lock, no such alert goes out and the only way we know its down, is if GameCQ fails to connect to it.

So, if ever you folks can't connect to an MP server, fire up GameCQ and see if it can connect. If it can't, then the master server is down. In which case, please send email to [email protected] so that we know to have someone go to the datacenter and do a cold boot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The UCAWA and UCSE mp servers are back online.

However, we are still reconfiguring the GameCQ master server so none of the official servers are currently reporting to it. This means that if you use the GameCQ client, you won't see any servers listed. Use the in-game ASE powered server browser instead.

There are three console UCAWA and three graphics UCSE servers running.

It has come to my attention that for some reason, the in game server browser is not always listing all the mp servers. This browser uses the ASE sdk and their master servers for reporting. So, there is nothing that we can do about it.

However, just because the in game server browser does not list a server, does not mean that the server is not online. For this reason, you can direct connect to the server you want. Refer to the first post in this thread for more info on this.

Our own GameCQ server which has a better server reporting, will be back online shortly. You can then use the GameCQ client to browse for and connect to mp servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hypernia moved - again. The server IPs have changed. I have updated the domain A records

on our 3000ad.com servers (hosted by Pair) but they have yet to fully propagated.

UPDATE: The Metaserver server hosting the CD-KEY authentication and GameCQ lobby/browser has been updated. However, the mp servers are still not up and am waiting for those fools at Hypernia to remote boot the machines so that the new IPs can be used. For now, I can't even connect to those machines.

So, any of you wanting to play on those mp servers this weekend, may not be able to do so. Which means that you'll just have to setup your own mp servers.

[ 09-10-2006, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any public UCAWA or UCSE servers online this past week, either via the lobby or in-game browser. Anything wrong from your end, or is it just me?

• 1 month later...

We have decided to kill all the official UCAWA and UCSE servers because - once again - we are having problems with the ISP. We've had the server crash and remain offline for these past few days.

We are going to be moving to another ISP and will post more information when we happen to find one.