Need a little help. First time playing..

Malakie

HI, First I have read all manuals, updated etc and done a search. These items I could not find answers too.

1) What determines how much Radine is used? I keep running out. I buy about 500 units, fly around a few times and run out. The manual states it uses 10 units per jump.. but after I jump I check and sometimes it is 10 and others it is almost 100 units?!!

2) I launch interceptors, they fly into combat, I then lock onto a hostile and hyperjump and after completing the jump I hear a thunk sound and all four interceptors come up destroyed... Any ideas?

3) I cannot seem to pick up my mining drones. I have gone so far as to land the BC next to them and order a shuttle to pick it up.. no go.. Suggestions?

4) Is there any way to send marines to a specific location OTHER than the ones that you can cycle through with the arrows (which are limited)? Intruders always head for the launch bay but I have no way of sending marines there. I do shut down power so they can't steal my shuttles though ;-) I figured that one out!

Thanks in advance for any help! I appreciate it! I bought V1 when it was released and have NEVER been able to play it until I did two things. 1) installed V2.09 and 2) used software mode (which is JUSt as fast and looks as god as 3D mode using a Gforce256 card!)

TThanks again

Malakie

------------------

Ride the Stars..

Malakie

Welcome to the game Malakie. smile.gif Hope you are enjoying it.

1) Go to the "download files" and click the Version control file link. A chart has been added showing how much Radine is used per jump per engine/reactor combo. Or go to http://www.bc3000ad.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000054.html where I poosted a cheat sheet giving the same chart plus the prices and a few upgrade options.

2)You are creaming you own IC's with that juggernaut you are flying. wink.gif There is not much you can do about that other than choose a different target than you have assigned the IC's too. It can also happen when they are chasing a large target and beat it to the hyperjump exit point.

3) Practice with TacOps some more. I don't have a problem but it does take a while. You could retreive manually with a combination of using tacops to assign waypoints for the shuttles, then jumping into them and doing it yourself; or flying the shuttle all the way in. That's time consuming though.

4)Nope. But you are already doing the best thing by cutting power to launch control. Standard search will get the job done eventually. You could put a couple marines in each shuttle but the ones on search will eventually look inside them as well.

With practice and going over the manual some more you'll get a grip on things. Hang in there! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

Thanks for quick response. One other question I forgot to ask... Is there a QUICK way of selling things.. Clicking my mouse 2500 times is not healthy! ;-) I cannot seem to find a way to sell in lots higher than one at a time...

Thanks again

------------------

Ride the Stars..

Malakie

Just press the mouse button and hold it down while selling! Btw., this also works for buying - you don't want to press the button 2500 times each time you want to buy new Radine... wink.gif

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Aye but it is really slow holding down the mouse button.. I thought there might be a way to get it to count by 10's .. oh well thanks for the reply.

It is amazing. I bought version 1.0 when it first cme out and have never been able to play it due to - eh "issues". I am now finally able to play it and I am pissed... I MISSED ALL THIS FUN FOR SO LONG!!! ARGH!!! ;-))

Thanks for the replies.. I really appreciate the help. The only other thing I cannot figure out is what the layout means in the trade center for items that are marked like 1/3 or 2/5 or 1/0?? Everything else has a single digit but some items have that format and I cannot locate anything that tells me what that means. I am also assuming that yu cannot dictate WHICH carg hold to use..? Am I correct?

Thanks again

------------------

Ride the Stars..

Malakie

The number before the slash is how many of those spare parts you need to fully repair your ship and support vessels. The number after is how many you have.

Yes,you are correct you can't choose which cargo bay to put things in. Not sure why that is, but it's not a major hassle.

2.09 hasn't been around for that long, so you haven't missed out on all these new features for that long, but it's been exciting for all of us who've been around for a while seeing this great game grow and develop into its current form, and anticipating all that we are yet to see in the sequels, so maybe you have missed out on that and on roleplay (you poor thing!), but don't worry, we all forgive you smile.gif and you're here now, so it's all ended well.

Enjoy,

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

In System Support (ISS) Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 02-09-2000).]

Supreme Commander, That makes sense! ;-) I am glad to see you have stuck with it and continued yur endeavors. It is good to see someone with integrity. When I first purchased V1 upon release, you and I spoke a few times. Although I could not play the game, I knew someday you would make it right.

What has it been? 4 years? BC3K has been on my shelf since that purchase. I did buy V2 as well but alas it did not operate either. But something told me eventually a patch would come out that would work - AND I knew that when it did, it would be solid. I knew it the patch that worked on my systems would be all or nothing. To be honest that is pretty weird. NONE of the versions or patches have worked at all. (could play 2-3 minutes then crash).

I installed v2.08 (and 2.09 sameday) and BOOM I am now flying around the galaxy for my very first thrill as a Battlecruiser commander!

As a user, I want to thank you for sticking with it. It gives me faith knowing that there are other programmers in the world that are like me (in personality LOL and also I am a commercial sofwtare developer http://www.AgendumSoftware.com) but I do developer tools and controls. Anytime a product has a problem, I don't stop until it is working the way I intended.

One last thing, because of the resolve and continued work you have shown me since the beginning of Battlecruiser, you have a customer for life.

Good job and may your travel among the stars continue.

Sincerely,

Malakie (Todd)

------------------

Ride the Stars..

Malakie

Thanks for your support. heh, it was pretty rough going there, back when v1.0 came out. But, thank God I got out of that party (Take2) and moved on.

heh, if you think BC3K v2.0x is any good now, just wait until BCM comes out. You'll be crying for days. smile.gif