"Stuck" pilots... well not quite

Eclipse

I was a bit torn between posting here or in tech support. I know the BC3K code has been retired, so I don't expect anyting in the way of patches or updates. Whats happening is no one seems to be able to get to IC Bay 2. I've tried all of the different pilots and telling flight engineers to ready the craft, but everyone stops on the flight deck and refuses to get near IC2. THe last known occupant of IC2 itself was 1 intruder and one marine. I caught the intruder inside the intercepter and shut down launch control before he could launch. After the intruder was killed, noone has come near the craft, they all stop on the flight deck. The people arent technically stuck because I can still tell them to go other places or get in the other IC's. It seems that there is somethong blocking the path to IC2. The only explanation I can come up with is I caught the intruder right as he was launching and killed the power so he couldn't. The Ic was counted by the game as stolen but still in my hanger bay, and now that the intruder is dead, I can't get the "stolen" craft back. Dunno wat it is, though it's not exacally a crippling loss to my BC ATM. Anyway if you have any comments about this let me know, I've seen a few other topics on a similar vein awhile ago. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

This has been discussed here, and is (still) under investigation...

Hint: do not use playmod, and try to keep your Battlecruiser undamaged. If nothing else works, use evacuate. (Be sure to take those artifacts with you! wink.gif)

Regards.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 06-03-2000).]

Haven't used playmod. I might try evacuation if nothing else seems to work. the odd thing is nothing is damaged but my integrity seems stuck at 95 maybe this has something to do with it?

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Eclipse, Just as you and I discussed, I tried your saved game, BTW it's Thomas's Artifacts FF Script. It's corrupted! Don't know how or where it got corrupted but it's a non-playable game now. For those interested, After Eclipse Evac'd his ship and got another issued, He had run-away AI in Auto Pilot, His PTA would come online when commanded but would not fire, and if he hyperjumped to any target his weapons symbology would disappear, never to be found again. Pure and simple corruption. Bad, Very Bad Indeed.

Now on to the meat of my post here. Commanders, If you are going to be brave enough to try to use a "home cooked" script out there, and it fails, THAT's YOUR Problem! I don't believe they are supported here, and furthermore don't believe that they should be. That's my personal oppinion though and not the position of the management. They can speak for themselves. By all means keep making those scripts 'cause they add diversity to this great game. Just don't expect them to work all the time and don't expect a problem in them to be solved easily. What you do with them is your own decision. "Nuff Said!"

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler