Development Diary

If you haven't read it, READ IT!!!

Developement Diary

OK, now then, I love this!!

quote:

And if you buy my game just so you get carte blanche to flame me, just think: I'd STILL have YOUR money. At $50 a pop, you can dress me up in drag and call me Sally if you'd like. However, the lipstick and frilled underwear, will cost you extra.

And this!!!

quote:

BATTLECRUISER 3000AD v2.09 FREE!!!

HOO YAAA!!! Right on SC!!!

This man is the marketing Genius of the year, as well as developer, writer, producer, director... Shall I go on?

and last but not least!!!

quote:

So, once again, repeat after me...slowly

Its ready when its ready; and right now, it ain't ready

There you have it, so go get the BC3K 2.09 and play it until BCM goes Gold!!

It'll give you a great headstart on controls, feel for the game etc. but the tech of BCM is generations ahead of BC3K!!

Again, great job SC, the timimg is perfect!!

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

This discussion was to have taken place here, at SC's order:

BCM Subscription Model

quote:

Posted by Supreme Commander:

When you read today's dev update if you have any thoughts, post them here.

Well, I'm happy to see that BC3K is freeware now. I only got to play the demo. At least this keeps me alive until BCM is out!

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Cmdr Nova,

If you had not noticed, the SC actually edited my post, if he felt that this topic was in the wrong place, he would have moved it. This subject had nothing to do with the comments that the SC wanted in the subject that he created.

Sorry, don't mean to sound pissy, but I wouldn't have put up the subject if I felt that I was doing the same thing that the SC had done. I know better!!!

Bottom line, please continue this topic if you want to comment on the comments that I made....

Sorry. Well, okay.

To further my point though, see this topic as well:

Derek is THE MAN.

Now that topic is pretty much the same as this one. Oh well, I guess I'm just tired....

Anyhoo, I'm glad BC3k is freeware now, because just as Baloogan said, everyone else can have that same feeling, inside.

And, I'll repeat, I'm sorry for being sorta rude, cuz it's like 12:30 here at my place. Well, peace out, folks.

Not a problem Nova, I do the same thing, and Soback posted that he wanted that deleted since I had already started this thread, but your wanting to keep the forums clean says good things about how you feel about the board, so no, no hard feelings at all, and sorry if I sounded rude, tried not to sound that way!!

Well, as long as everything is all in good nature and good humor, it's okay.

Let's get back to the actual discussion.

I would love that subscription service, wouldn't you? It's like being in the beta, without having to report any bugs and glitches.

But, the downsides (written in the topic by SC), are really hard to weigh out from the good stuff. Hmmm.... Dilemma. I bet that's why SC made that topic anyway. He didn't seem to have any bias either way this morning. Well, a new day, a new whatever.

Actually, I believe that that is the very subject that the SC wanted discussed on his thread, I just started this one to say how great I thought the whole thing was, especially the comments that I quoted.

BC3000AD 2.09 for free? who would have thought it, only a marketing genius like the SC, too cool!!

and no, I won't call him Sally either, and the in drag thing, I don't think so either, but it was damn funny!!!

LOL, ok I will clear it all up. Anything about the BCM Subscription goes here --> http://www.3000ad.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cg...ic&f=9&t=000240 Anything else about the dev diary update, epecially the big news of free v2.9 and Derek's funny words goes in this thread. Also, I didn't want my thread deleted but rather moved here or just left alone, but I guess that's up to the moderators mood (please be kind). So lets get it all together and continue.

quote:

BC3000AD 2.09 for free? who would have thought it, only a marketing genius like the SC, too cool!!

I don't mean to be a nitpick...OK, maybe I do ( ), but this marketing strategy is nothing new. I think Sierra and Activision were among the first to use it.

In any case, it's a great idea, both for BCM and for gaming in general.

['Aussie bloke' accent]

Derek, good on ya, mate.

['Aussie bloke' accent off]

Sierra did it with betrayal at krondor. The time difference and technology though show that SC released his free SUPER EARLY compared to sierra's strategy. Also unlike sierra's old release, BC3K and BCM have alot in common (In the sequel to Betrayal at Krondor the writer left and so the game ended up sounding completly different). Anyways, ya gotta love SC, being frank and keeping us informed and showing how much he loves his fans :-)

Hey, I just noticed the rating of BC3K on The Underdogs site went up by 0.01 to 0.29. (out of 10!) Who's been voting too? I didn't notice any change after my vote yesterday, so it can't be me alone.

And if you haven't voted, ... then catch my drift.

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

I think that the BC-bashing A-holes got to the ranking button (i bet at least one's running a script to hit the button, delete the cookie and repeat). Don't those people have better things to do??

Oh yeah, forgot about the cookies. When u vote, click go, wait for the following page to come, and search for the cookie, delete, and repeat if you want.

E5, that's why it doesn't go up after many votes, because it has a cookie that tells the site you've voted.

Way too much time on their hands, those BC-Bashers. Have any of them actually played a BC game? lol

SC put out the free BC3000AD v2.9 kinda ealry. I was down at the EB world this week and there's a disk of BC3000AD v2.0 for $19.99. Obviously people are hearing about it and it's getting good reviews if a game that's 3 years old is selling for 20 bucks. Nice.