Count-Down to Release!!!

Dunedan

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sure as hell didn't tell me about it. But if they're getting units the week of 10/15, how can they ship on 10/15, when in fact, the units go to their central warehouse, from where it had to go to the stores?

I've already addressed this before. And I don't want to address it again.

Common sense needs to be at play here and I'm getting ANNOYED at this rubbish. OK, the game is in manufacturing - the NEXT goofball who posts anything in this thread, that has already been addressed wrt this issue, is going to have their posting rights suppressed.

Thats that

Alright, I am a bit confused on this issue.

I will state what I think is going on at this point, SC please correct me if I am wrong.

The game is in the latter manufacturing stages, wherein the items (manual, etc) are being placed into the boxes. From their they finished products will have to be sent to EB, and then out to the individual stores...

So, EB has moved the date back to the 29th, I believe this may have something to do with a substantial amount of orders being purchased in this short amount of time. (Since BCM has gone gold) Or perhaps it's just because of the difficulties of having to coordinate three different companies in the production process?

Basically what I am trying to get at, is.. will their still be an outside chance of getting BCM sooner than the projected relese date of the 29th. (I did not pre-order online, but at my local EB, is their any difference with that)

Also, I was pondering about the state of the last demo, as well as the post-release patch?

Anyhow... I am still very excited about all of the news of upcoming 3000AD products..

I am not even concerned anymore with when I get the game. I know it's gold, I know it's being made, put into boxes and shipped, so I know I will have it soon. All I have to do is just wait a little bit longer.

I have a feeling that that SC is going to letting go with something serious wrath on this thread if we keep prodding him...it is Sunday after all...

Look at the length of time we have all drooled since the SC loaded up the first screen shot of BCM...and THEN look at the measly week or two you have to wait!

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

As I posted on VE forum:

BCM has gone Gold as of 9-24-01

BCM is in PRODUCTION (steps :manual layout+printing, keyboard sheet layout+printing, box layout+printing, CDROM duplication, final packaging etc). Most companies do their production months in advance. They can afford it. They have the personnel who have done it all before, so its a no brainer. I am a FIRST TIME self-publisher and have to do everything - which means co-ordinating THREE companies involved in this process AND approving of everything (manuals and box sent back to me for checking and final approval etc before going to manufacturing etc)

As for development, production is the same procedure: ITS READY WHEN ITS READY, AND RIGHT NOW, IT AIN'T READY.

EB has nothing to do with production. They're just estimating that by the time is it out of production, shipped to their central warehouse, and then on to their stores, it won't be ready to ship until 10/29.

And its when publishers do all this stuff even BEFORE the game is finished, that you see inaccuracies on the box text (i.e. features on the box, which you won't find in the game), inaccuracies or ommissions in the manual etc (which in turn lead to massive readme.txt files included on the CDROM) etc.

In my case, the box and manual are indicative of the game, as shipped. I had to proof the manual THREE times, before I okayed it for production. There were lots of formating issues. i.e. I gave it to them in MS Word, they use QuarkExpress which does not import MS Word files. It imports as text, with NO format preservation. So, they had to print out my version, then match the formating.

Then the galaxy map was so small (and in Grey scale), it was hardly readable. So I had them move it out of the manual and onto the back of the keyboard sheet. Which in turn made it possible to do the map in color (which costs me MORE money of course).

Items which had to be sent to me for proofing and final sign-off prior to manufacturing. And they were not sent all at once, btw.

box art

box layout

box proof

cdrom art

cdrom check

manual layout (three times)

keyboard (twice)

Most companies have other people who do all this stuff. I am the only person who can and had to do this.

[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I am just extatic about that key sheet/map. I will be looking at the map on the back "hmmm... where do I go next" then once I decide where to go I will flip it over and be like "hmmmmm... what do I press next"

I want to order my copy with the box, but I live in France. How do I do ? And for the payment ? Is there any exchange rate ( will I pay an additional charge because my credit card is in 'francs', or will I pay the exact price ( game+box+shipping ) ? ) And what will be the shipping delay ?

P.S : I e-mailed BMT Micro, but I'm still waiting for the answer !

quote:

Originally posted by Alligator:

I want to order my copy with the box, but I live in France. How do I do ? And for the payment ? Is there any exchange rate ( will I pay an additional charge because my credit card is in 'francs', or will I pay the exact price ( game+box+shipping ) ? ) And what will be the shipping delay ?

P.S : I e-mailed BMT Micro, but I'm still waiting for the answer !

All credit card orders are negotiated in USD. To order, go to the orders page and click on the BMT Micro link.

quote:

Originally posted by Alligator:

Thanks SC ! But for the box, how do I do ? Do I write "I'd like the box" in the comment field ? What are the additionnal charges ?

Give a day or two and check the link again. It will have two separate order forms. One for the shrink wrapped version and the other for the boxed version.

If you've already ordered, all you have to do is send them email, saying that you want the boxed version. And make sure you send them your order confirmation email so they know who the heck you are.

For those in Canada who didn't pre-order, EB just informed me that my reserved copy should be arriving Nov 2nd.

Should give me a chance to finish my latest round of BCM-related web development insanity, so I can focus on the game when it arrives!

The orders page now has a link to the boxed version.

If you haven't already ordered, use that link for the boxed order.

If you want to change your order from the shrinkwrapped version, create a new box order and in the comments section, tell them that you want to cancel your previous order for the shrink wrapped version.

If you already ordered the shrink wrapped version, sent them email to change to the box - and you are happy with this - do nothing.

Boxed units are in LIMITED supply for International shipment as making this available was a last minute decision I made.

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

My first post *****es!!! (apologies to SC)

I've been waiting for BCM in anticipation since I pre ordered on sept 8, I watched with dread as my currency sank against the Dollar after a certain terrorist incident, that need not be named, and now finally it's on it's way to me here in South Africa. For a while i was concerned that I would not be able to buy BCM for financial reasons but now, it's payed for and on its way!!!! (thanks to Jen from BMTMicro, you are to be commended for your great service) Big up to 3000ad for creating such a brilliant game. I've got a countdown of my own now, it's for when the postman gives me my copy of BCM!!!