So whats this all about then?

Impact

Hi,

I never played any of the previous BC games, however somehow i found myself here...and really like the look of this game. However i cant seem to find any general information on what this game is about and the general overview of what you do and can do. Is the game open so you go do what you want...or is it more along the lines of you get told what to do then do it and move on to the next mission?

would it be fair to say BCM is simlar in play to the Elite style games but just far far more advanced and in depth?

quote:

I never played any of the previous BC games, however somehow i found myself here...and really like the look of this game. However i cant seem to find any general information on what this game is about and the general overview of what you do and can do. Is the game open so you go do what you want...or is it more along the lines of you get told what to do then do it and move on to the next mission?

Both.

quote:

would it be fair to say BCM is simlar in play to the Elite style games but just far far more advanced and in depth?

Don't know, never played Elite.

Some of the vets would answer your questions in more detail, or even the Supreme Commander himself. I suggest you read the related documents (FAQ, VCF etc) they will give you an idea of the scope of the game. I never played BC3K either, but BCM has really caught my imagination.

The premise is very simple really, you can do whatever the hell you want, in any genre you want, in a single game (other something like that). And before any of those damn fleets get their grubby mits on you, think about being an Indy and follow your own orders.

I'd welcome you, but Nova would get all shitty, as he is the (self-proclaimed) Newbie welcome wagon

Just 2 points, keep your nose clean, and don't piss of the SC. Then you'll be fine.

Hi Impact, take a look at BCM product info page, there you'll find some more info about the game.

quote:

Is the game open so you go do what you want...or is it more along the lines of you get told what to do then do it and move on to the next mission?

The game is very open ended, you may choose to take missions (ACM) or not (Free flight mode) in the start. Even if you choose to start with missions you can do what you want, but you may get court martialed and that may be end of the game. After the last mission game will continue in free flight mode.

quote:

Yes, I would say so, I have played Elite games and there's much of the same feeling but in BCM you're a real starship commander. You have whole crew to bark orders to and so on.

I won't go further to the detail because you'll find it all here (and it would take a whole day for me to explain the depth of this game)

Last but least, try free Battlecruiser 3000 AD 2.09 and BCM demo 2 and you'll get feeling of this game.

Welcome

quote:

Originally posted by Impact:

Hi,

What?!? Doesn't look like you've looked hard enough, mate.

well what can you expect, the only thing he would find is an empty VCF and a maybe the Faq which just lists more or less computer hardware related issues, and ofcourse the product info page.

hehe

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: mO ]

quote:

Originally posted by mO:

well what can you expect, the only thing he would find is an empty VCF and a maybe the Faq which just lists more or less computer hardware related issues, and ofcourse the product info page.

hehe

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: mO ]

You're kidding, right? Since when did the VCF qualify as information about the game? What do you think the products page, reviews page, screen shots pages etc are for?