Evacuating One's Ship

scorchedearth

Has anybody out there had to evacuate their ship yet? I did a horrible landing on one of the moons of saturn and took out my Main Life Support, so I moved all my crew to the Aux. sections of the ship and/or the support craft (which is so damn cool that I can do that... This game is just TOO awesome). I ordered the engineers to fix the MLS, which they did, but now nobody will go back to their stations (if serviced by MLS). Any ideas? Maybe they have trauma or something... I can't even assign them to on-station in Tactical... They all just stay Off-Duty....

Mainly asking 'cause it's so hard to reproduce... I can't seem to restart and wipe out my MLS on purpose without killing my ship first....

I have the latest patch and everything works fine... Just this one oddity...

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Blerm ]

Are you sure that the MLS is repaired?

What about other damaged sections of the ship?

Did you wait for a few AI ticks i.e go and do something else while on the bridge of the CC?

If all locations and systems are repaired and your personnel still don't go on station (did you check their vital stats), I may be interested in the save game.

Hmmm, I had the Exact same problem. My ship was damaged on planet (a Garrid) when the AI decided to do a Unauthorized Take off.

Anyways the ship was so badly damaged that I had to tow it into orbit. Got to Galcom HQ and got EVERYTHING repaired to 100%. Only problem was that I could not reassign anyone to any station...including the AE, he was stuck in a shuttle craft!!

I checked and rechecked all systems but could not find anything damaged, but I did notice that the ship status remained in "Evacuate" for a looong time. I left the game running for bout 30mins or so to see if it would kick over.

I never mentioned it because it was just that one time and figured it was a fluke with my system. Reloaded and patched it since then and never seen it happen again. This is the first time I have seen anyone else mention such a thing.

Sorry I didnt keep the saved game.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Are you sure that the MLS is repaired?

What about other damaged sections of the ship?

Did you wait for a few AI ticks i.e go and do something else while on the bridge of the CC?

If all locations and systems are repaired and your personnel still don't go on station (did you check their vital stats), I may be interested in the save game.

Yes, everything is repaired and I've done a few transport runs and even picked up mining drones.

All else is 100% green repaired and my AE can go anywhere, including the bridge and his FF/LF actually returned to normal after repairs were made... Rest of crew is back to full health too...

I have a saved game if you need it...

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Blerm ]

No no... I'm just answering yer questions... the crew still will not go on-station as described... I was just saying that everything has been repaired and that my AE's health is fine when he is in an area serviced by the MLS.

Nobody else will go to any area serviced by the MLS.... and the ship is still on evacuation alert.

oh, OK.

Anyway, if the condition doesn't clear, they won't go anywhere. I suspect that something is preventing that condition from clearing.

Send in the saved game. I'm assuming you know the rules for submission of saved games? If not, check the announcements threads.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

The evac state wasn't being cleared. It has no adverse effects, but it has been fixed.

In previous BC titles, once the evac state was set, you had to abandon the ship. And after the evac, you get a new one and the evac state is then cleared. Not so in BCM (you evac, the game ends) - which is why the evac state was never cleared.