Night Orders

Nimbus

Hi all, I've bad BCM for four glorious days now, and though I'm still learning(i think i have most of it down, just need to learn some strategy, etc).. i've been trying new things.

Last night, I was very tired while playing but didn't want to stop, so i left my CC a series of planetary waypoints as 'nightorders' assigned my AE to another part of the ship, and went to sleep(i also had drones filling up).

In the morning, they were still flying their waypoints, the drones were full, and the ship was minty(i queued up some repairs also).

Has anyone else tried this? And would it be possible to use advanced waypoints to have them run drills while I sleep? Like make the CC launch a shuttle, then have the shuttle go somewhere and deploy marines, and then somewhere else to pick them up again maybe? I dunno.

I'm interested to see what the rest of you think of this.

Sure I've tried that, (even in the days of bc3k). But you can't give orders like you suggest. So usually I put all my fighters out for a patrol in some safe zone where there will not be hostiles around, so that they'll gain some experience and let engineers do the repairs and so on.

To be fair, lots of planets take different times to fill a drone.

You can fill a drone to the brim on Mars in around two to three hours (I didn't actually clock it -- what's the point?).

Just dock with a starstation, click Tradcom, click Info, and look at the Minerals report they have (Mars has 25%, which means that you can potentially find worlds that are up to four times as fast).

For worlds without starstations, you need to determine the mineral content yourself!

One time I attempted to land my Warmonger on a part of Earth that wasn't controled by any faction, but the area had a little slope and my ship skidded down for a dozen miles or so before bursting into a flaming ball of death...but I digress.

First off, is it possible to land a big cap ship on a planet, assuming you find a better spot to land than I did.

Second, could you order your entire crew to go take a very long march to gain experience? Lets say you land somewhere in China (an unoccupied area), then get your entire crew out of the ship and order them to walk to Europe. Would such a thing work to give them lots of experience?

It would be kind of fun to fire up a new game with an Firestorm, land, unload all of your crew and vehicles, then start rolling like a land army.

quote:

Originally posted by Fox:

First off, is it possible to land a big cap ship on a planet, assuming you find a better spot to land than I did.

Its is extremely possible in fact thats were my ship has spent a lot of time recently(while doing system upgrades etc) its exremely easy too. just change to VTOL mode and tap TAB until your ship slowly lowers itself to the ground you know you've landed when you see "TAXI" on you HUD

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

...just change to VTOL mode and tap TAB until your ship slowly lowers itself to the ground you know you've landed when you see "TAXI" on you HUD

Note that this method didn't work until patch 1.0.0.2, so make sure you a fully patched up to the latest version.

Cheers,

Smiley

well the patch would explain my problem

whenever i tell my ship to auto-land, it accelerates to full speed and tries to land like an aircraft....

i would have the patch installed but i have problems with the game not starting everytime i try. i think i know the problem though...

I got that Auto-Land to work once. After a good fight I was drift outside Pixan. Almost all systems were gone and I was heading right for a planet. The ship entered the plants atmosphere and down I went. I figured another crash and boom. I decided to go ahead and try the auto-land. With no engines the AI landed the ship perfectly. I was impressed.

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

I got that Auto-Land to work once. After a good fight I was drift outside Pixan. Almost all systems were gone and I was heading right for a planet. The ship entered the plants atmosphere and down I went. I figured another crash and boom. I decided to go ahead and try the auto-land. With no engines the AI landed the ship perfectly. I was impressed.

Yep.

And CALS has always worked as designed. But some folks think that they are going to activate it in rugged terrain and expect it to work miracles.

What was added in the 1.0.02 patch is completely unrelated to CALS.