How well is the game selling?

Guest Phantom3253

Guest Phantom3253

It's probably none of my buisness but I think this game is great. I'm just wondering is the game selling well? I hope it is. This game kicks ass. Alot of fun and alot of depth.

It is doing quite well actually. Especially since it is on limited exclusive released to EB until 2/19/02

I expect it to do even better once the exclusive period is over and the game becomes available everywhere; including international countries (still working on this and the holiday is making things run slower than usual).

Once XP1 is out (sometime in Q1 2002), it will be available as a stand-alone (CDROM only add-on) as well as in a Gold type bundle with BCM.

Nimbus, no kidding...

I work in Rahway, at a certain drug company.

Live down "the shore" in Toms River. We're got an EB here (to keep it on topic) but I haven't checked their stock out yet.

I've got a few friends that I've hyped the game to, but none have taken the dive yet. We shall see - one of them loves sub sims (similar insane attention to detail) and scifi in general...can't understand why he won't bite, other then his Everquest addiction that steals most of his computer time...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

[QB]

I expect it to do even better once the exclusive period is over and the game becomes available everywhere; including international countries (still working on this and the holiday is making things run slower than usual).

Good to here. I do definetly believe you are the right track with the games concept. I purchased a copy of BC3K a year or so ago even though I couldn't get it working right. Considered it my way of helping to finance this game. Hope to see even more from you in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

It is doing quite well actually. Especially since it is on limited exclusive released to EB until 2/19/02

Once XP1 is out (sometime in Q1 2002), it will be available as a stand-alone (CDROM only add-on) as well as in a Gold type bundle with BCM.

SC, I live in Brazil. I used to be an International Pilot (I bought this game in Miami) but now I'm flying just domestic flights. Is there any chance that we will have this game here in Brazil? And, Is there any way to buy the XP1 via internet (or wherelse)?

I'm very worried with the possibility that I will not be able to have the XP1.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Gustavo:

Is there any chance that we will have this game here in Brazil? And, Is there any way to buy the XP1 via internet (or wherelse)?

I'm very worried with the possibility that I will not be able to have the XP1.

Thanks

I seriously doubt it. Besides, you can still order from BMT Micro if you live outside the US. Whats the problem?

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

But will the stand alone xp1 come with the manual and maybe the strategy guide?

XP1 will come with a 20 page manual that only covers XP1. It will not come bundled with ANYTHING.

XP1 will ship in a DVD case with the 20 page manual. MSRP $24.99

The BCM Strategy Guide will be available. MSRP $19.99

The BCM Gold package contains the following. MSRP $49.99

1. BCM PC CDROM (version at time of release)
  2. XP1 (integrated into BCM CDROM)
  3. BCM and XP1 manuals
  4. Strategy Guide

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest rtoolooze

Well now, you know I'll have to buy the BCM gold package. I just have to keep adding to my ever growing collection. Can't help it, I'm an addict.

On another note, on Feb.13, Nascar 2002 from Papyrus will be released. Then I will be participating in yet another online championship season. Every season we change paint scheme's which we design ourselves. Was wondering S.C. if it would be alright to design a paint scheme with BCM as the major sponser. I could even plaster www.bc3000ad.com right across the back bumper, so that every time I pass an opponent, they will see it as I go by, heh. Advertise, advertise I alway's say.

Waiting for permission.

I can account for 2 sales of the game other than my own purchase. 2 of my friends bought the game, (one the same day I bought mine), after I told them about it.

And I'll be trying to get more friends to buy it!

You'd think the game would sell itself though.

Idaho

GCV-Futeki

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

I can account for 2 sales of the game other than my own purchase. 2 of my friends bought the game, (one the same day I bought mine), after I told them about it.

And I'll be trying to get more friends to buy it!

You'd think the game would sell itself though.

Idaho

GCV-Futeki

Know what's funny, the game is selling itself. In fact, while EB did spent quite a bundle of money on marketing (ads, banners, instore display etc), the game mostly sells itself.

Of course, getting all your relatives and friends to buy a copy also helps.

Lets put it this way, if it wasn't selling as expected, there'd be no XP add-ons and I'd be more focused on BCO, where the real money is.

quote:

Know what's funny, the game is selling itself. In fact, while EB did spent quite a bundle of money on marketing (ads, banners, instore display etc), the game mostly sells itself.

Of course, getting all your relatives and friends to buy a copy also helps.

Lets put it this way, if it wasn't selling as expected, there'd be no XP add-ons and I'd be more focused on BCO, where the real money is.

I'd go buy more copies as gifts, but then I'd be forced to start raiding my CC for nutripaks, since groceries cost money I would no longer have, heheh.

As for BCO, I'm looking forward to that, though my experiences with online gaming are few, and I tend to be the guy who always loses. I guess someone has to lose, I might as well be that someone.

Idaho

GCV-Futeki

quote:

As for BCO, I'm looking forward to that, though my experiences with online gaming are few, and I tend to be the guy who always loses. I guess someone has to lose, I might as well be that

No that would be ME, actually.

quote:

Originally posted by Paddy Gregory:

No that would be ME, actually.

Heheh,

What an argument.

'I'm a bigger loser than you are!'

'No you aren't! I'm the biggest loser!'

'I'll outlose you 4 to 1!'

etc, et al

Idaho

GCV-Futeki

Guest Grayfox

i bet i can outlose anyone here ill spray paint on the side of my ship big enough for everyone to see "The Easiest Kill Youll Ever Get"

cannon fodder is my middle name

quote:

As for BCO, I'm looking forward to that, though my experiences with online gaming are few, and I tend to be the guy who always loses. I guess someone has to lose, I might as well be that someone.

Hey Duncan. There's something you can do to help yourself. Go join a fleet. It seems that you want to join GalCom (as in, that GCV in your shipname), so join a fleet! (Infact, a fleet is required to be a GalCom member.)

Orion Fleet's Academy, and other services (like me, the Newbie Welcome Wagon), are sure to set you off on the right foot once and for all in multiplayer. If you've got the balls to do it, we've got the sk|11z to pass on to you newblood. Send an e-mail to [email protected] for recruitment info. We won't settle for second best.

I hope to see you drifting our way.

Nova, over and out.

I have bought it but I really cann't get in to it. As for BCO I'm still waiting for BCM to go mutliplayer.

I wish I hadn't loan my joystick out to a friend. Having no fun playing a sim with no Joy.

I cann't really say it fun unless other friends are on.

A day will come when I will use this computer to hunt down the scum of the Earth Raiders.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: SailorX Network ]

quote:

XP1 will come with a 20 page manual that only covers XP1. It will not come bundled with ANYTHING.

XP1 will ship in a DVD case with the 20 page manual. MSRP $24.99

The BCM Strategy Guide will be available. MSRP $19.99

The BCM Gold package contains the following. MSRP $49.99

BCM PC CDROM (version at time of release)

XP1 (integrated into BCM CDROM)

BCM and XP1 manuals

Strategy Guide

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Cool But what do you mean by DVD case? xp1 will be a dvd? I'm confused here

A DVD case is the small plastic case DVD's typically come packaged in as opposed to the jewel case most CDs come in. I think that XP1 will be a CD and not a DVD, but will be packaged in a DVD case, because DVD cases take less space on the store shelf.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: canusa ]

quote:

Originally posted by canusa:

A DVD case is the small plastic case DVD's typically come packaged in as opposed to the jewel case most CDs come in. I think that XP1 will be a CD and not a DVD, but will be packaged in a DVD case, because DVD cases take less space on the store shelf.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: canusa ]

Like the ones they use for XboX and Gamecube games?