Happy, but useless post

Banquet

Just bought BCMG and wanted to post here to say how much I love it

It's rare that I feel the need to come to a forum to congratulate game developers but this is a rare game. Derek Smart has stuck with his dream and I owe him a debt of gratitude for that.

I just managed to tour the solar system, deploy a shuttle to earth and get myself and a couple of marines out the craft for a wander.. very nice!

Then off to Saturn, made planetfall only to see dense atmosphere and frightening storms. This accompanied by crew telling me how this alien gravity was damaging my system.. the subsequent struggle to escape the brain thumping pull of the planet was enough to convince me I was experiencing a game like no other.

The next attempt at planetfall led me to initiate a nice controlled approach to Mars, only to hit the 9 key by accident (I was aiming for 0!!) Hence a nice bumpy ride along the rocks.. finally coming to a halt in rather bad shape. My officer's calling out all sort of damage. Switching to external view while listening to endless calls of damage to hull and systems reminded me of the best scenes of a sci-fi film.. bloody marvellous!!

I could go on for ages about all the things about this that I love but I'm just a noob and all the vets will be rolling their eyes thinking.. "yeah, tell me something I don't know!"

All I'll say is, if I was a millionaire I would pay someone to write a game to my exact specifications.. if I was a millionaire I would pay someone to write THIS GAME, hehe

So, thanks Derek and team for this.. you saved me a million! (that I don't have!)

Seriously though.. respect.. never stop

Well then... welcome to our (someone says nightmare, but I'd say) DAYDREAM!

BTW use CALS (shift+E) next time you land

I'm with ya Banquet. I'm also new to the game more or less. This is my third try with the game, but each time I've picked it up, I've learned a little more. I'm now comfortable with all aspects of the game but nowhere near proficient with anything really. But each baby step I take is extremely rewarding. I just played through a scenario (BCIA0016) where you take off a naval carrier on some planet and dogfight through some nasty weather. After crashing about a half dozen times, I finally got good enough to take out all the bogies.

The more you play the game, the more you open up its goodness. Unfortunately so many gamers will never appreciate it because they will never invest the upfront cost and time in learning it. Their loss.

yup,

this simulation is a magnificent achievment! Implement active NN before most knew what it was, DAMN that's KUL!

software science as art.

i've been on this ride since first release and BCMG is the pinnacle.

the next evolution of the project is going to be a wonder to behold in ALL its splemdor...

uuhh... sorry.... lost myself for a second.

LOL

quote:

Originally posted by GhengisX:

yup,

this simulation is a magnificent achievment! Implement active NN before most knew what it was, DAMN that's KUL!

software science as art.

i've been on this ride since first release and BCMG is the pinnacle.

the next evolution of the project is going to be a wonder to behold in ALL its splemdor...

uuhh... sorry.... lost myself for a second.

LOL

Welcome GhengisX

I was about to ask SC to get Ben's avatar restricted for my use only

... just kidding!

hehe, welcome guys.

Seriously, BC stopped being about one man's dream many years ago. It has become a collective effort and with everyone, from gamers and beta testers to the media, pitching in every now and then.

Its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but hey, thats what progress is about.

For BCG we're make several strides in a lot of directions and which - I personally believe - will seriously startle even the most loyal vets, once they get their hands on it. From the new high end assets, vehicular dynamics (with new control schemes), down to the fluid motion capture character animation, new PTE spec III terrain engine, new graphics engine etc etc, its the last of its kind and its going to go out with a band.

......unless of course we sell so many units that we have no choice but to do another (or perhaps an add-on pack).

I can't wait for BCG to be released, from what I've read it sounds fantastic! I also couldn't wait to get home today to get back to BCMG, hehe

During the course of the day, when I was concentrating solely on work *cough*, I've planned various training exercises for my crew and myself.. all in the relative safety of the Sol system.. EVA's, shuttle and APV deployment, Fighter CAP, probe launching.. and, best so far.. I just have see the Shuttle deploy a team planetside and watch the.. "dust off in, 5..4..3..2..1.. " how cool is that? (when I saw that for the first time last night I couldn't help watching just to check an alien hadn't grabbed onto the ship.. do I have anyone on board that answers to the name Ripley?! You might be needed! Just get the APV out of the flight path of the shuttle!!) - Err.. sorry, getting a bit carried away there!

I really hope BCG sells by the bucketload.. If there was any fairness in the world BCMG would have outsold Freelancer (space invaders with a starsystem tacked on) by ten to one.

Right, must go.. my crew are anxiously awaiting their brilliant and capable captain to beam aboard, but I plan to get there first, hehe

Good hunting chaps!