-10000 ish EXP points, and no obvious reason?

kneecaps

Hi,

just looked over the appendix for EP allocation...after less than an hour in roam mode and not doing anything much other than mining I realise I've got -10000 or so EXP points...I though, prehaps i've destroyed something accidently...but to have -10000 i would have had to have destroyed at least one StarStation and a bit more! I have done nothing like that? Any ideas what happened so I can avoid it in future?

Peter

Hi,

TER/MIL ,home base GALCOM, I went mining on ACTIS IV, I mined in the TER/MIL section of that planet.

I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly when I went to minus exp points...but it was before any kind of combat.

Peter

You'll get Neg Exp if a friendly is destroyed in your sector, depending on weather this friendly can defend him/herself or not..

-10000 I beleave is the maximum in the neg range you can get

Hehe, I had to run to save my own ass! (and the lives of my crew and a very expensive BC Mk3!!)

My reactor cooling system was shot you see and bad stuff was going to happen...

Still, not much luck with exp points however, i've now got -10850 exp even though i've gone and killed fair number of baddies!

• 2 weeks later...

Mercs and Diplomats.

the Commanders bane.

And you can't tell your tactical officer to designate mercs as hostiles, so you never know they're out there without studying each blue dot individually. And usually by the time you've spotted them they've already trashed the diplomat.

Sometimes you just jump in system and hear "boom" and lose 5000 exp. Nothing you can do about it, either.

Sometimes it's like a train wreck. You can see it comming but there's not a thing you can do about it.

I hate mercs.