Opinions Wanted: BCMG vs. BCM

richterm

I need an opinion from folk here.

I'm in a situation where I can't upgrade my hardware to deal with UC. I've downloaded the demo and performance on my laptop is OK in space and the graphics planetside are borked (go ATI Mobile Radeon 7500!) My current desktop system is 733 mhz, with a GeForce III Ti 200. The graphics look great, however...

When the SC sets minimum system requirements, he really seems to mean them. Between the stupid chipset locking me in at 512mb and the slower processor speed, no joy there.

Upgrading to a new machine is not a financial option. Between the wife and the kids, it just isn't gonna happen.

So.....

I have BCM. It runs very well on both systems and so far it's quite fun. (yes, it's an older game...however, I took a break from it shortly after buying it.)

Is it worth buying BCMG?

Yes, it would be good to support 3000AD some more. No question there.

But a casual glance shows that the multiplayer is the most significant different between the two games. Are people actually playing multiplayer BCMG at this time? Would it be the kind of thing where I would be wasting my time trying to find games?

And are there any other updates that those of you who have played both think make it worthwhile?

Thanks in advance...

Ok, just read the product page. Slap me with a fish for not doing so first.

Additional small galaxy, more missions, multiplayer.

Those are the primary bullet points.

The multiplayer is really what piques my interest...so my question concerning ease of finding multiplayer games is still valid.

Guest Blond_Knight

Well good luck finding a copy Richterm. I had to do an internet/store search to find the last copy in my area.

I should preface this by saying that I bought a copy of UC first and had it about a week before deciding to search for a copy of BCMG.

Is it worth it? Well for me yes. When I saw Derek had released GBS2 to script missions it made up my mind. Plus having just upgraded to DSL I can now run a BCMG server(that PC is too old to run UC well)

And as a side note, I discussed a problem I was having with Derek about the server, once he identified it as a software issue he had it fixed THAT evening. He's patching UC and working on two other titles and hes still got time to go back and look at the BCMG code and fix an issue. Where else are you going to get service and dedication to a product like that?

Sorry didnt mean to gush there.

Oh almost forgot...yes get it!

quote:

Originally posted by Blond_Knight:

Well good luck finding a copy Richterm.

Well I don't know what area you are in Richterm, but in South Florida, CompUSA still has copies, though they are still selling them for $29.00.