AI growth?

Most

How long does it take the normal Commander to get most of there crew to an average level, like 70 and above?

I've been playing BCMG a long time and have never lived long enough to actually have a 'good' crew.

So how many days, hours realtime or game time does it take and name some of the differences you notice.

Thanks in advance.

There are surely many automatism as stated in the appendix, such as auto prepping of the marines, auto cloning of dead officers and pilots, abilities to study artifacts and use them....

the marines handle boarding partys better, the CO shuts down launch automatically, so I loose less ships to escapees(just some examples) the flight engineers auto recharge my fighters and do it faster. my shuttles spend less time wondering around, when they pick up equipment. RO completes research projects. They all obey orders much better.(EVEN RESNIG..lol) etc. etc.

You need to keep a close eye on your flight engineers, however. When they go off duty, nobody assigns them to go back to on-duty status unless a fighter has to be recharged/repaired. This means they will spend a lot of time NOT gaining experience. And even with the FO at a high AI level, the engineers are not given orders to go back on-duty when FF gets to zero, at least not in my experience.

I'm about 6 days into my current ROAM game(commanding BC-Mk 3, the WarHawk), have already upgraded all my systems to the highest level of standard items available, and have begun to collect artifacts, although my RO still needs 1% to reach 75% AI level. You can still upgrade to the T.A. Shield and K. Reactor without the RO researching first, so get those as soon as you can. Of course, you have to be nearing your fourth day in-game to even think about looking for artifacts, so leap that hurdle first.

I try to find a nice quiet corner of the universe to park my ship while the mining drones work and I go off to the RW and play my other role(s). The crew can handle most situations adequately by this time, so I just leave them in charge and come back later to see how things are going. I take charge from time to time to make trading runs, fight enemy ships, capture a station or raid enemy bases on planet surfaces, whatever suits my fancy at the moment.

Meanwhile, my crew gets smarter, and the mining drones make me richer...

[ 03-25-2004, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Cantata ]

• 1 month later...

Speaking of AI growth, I had my Med Officer pilot a shuttle craft and deploy and extract a mining drone, whilest gaining no AI points. Not to sound n00bish, but i've had trouble finding info on how the ai grows. Can the med officer gain ai by engaging in combat?

If you did a search on AI, you will find several threads discussing it.

AI increases with time and experience.

Medics don't get AI boosts during combat.

Medics don't have the ability to pilot shuttles. It just happened to work because the shuttle has a built-in AP system for inexperienced pilots attempting to fly it.