Better than Universal Combat

EbonyKnight

Guest Remo Williams

Topic Moved

Please only post tech support related issues in the tech support forums.

Anyway both are excellent games you can't go wrong picking them both up.

As far as the reviews go well there laughable for the most part. I wouldn't pay any attention to them. The BC series is way to complex to be reviewed after just a few hours of game play. Which seems to be a common practice for reviewers now days.

Guest kenny87

I think the main difference between BCMG and UC that you'll notice is the ships travel quite a bit slower - although if you give it some thought its a good thing, as you can now hit those pesky fighters!

• 1 month later...

@EbonyKnight: Not having played UC to any great extent myself, I can't exactly give you an informed decision, but if you look up reviews for BCM, BCMG, and BC3K, you'll note that they tended to get ripped apart as well. I blame this on the fact that most reviewers don't play it for long enough to get past the initial settling-in period, which is much longer (and tends to be proportionately more rewarding) than in other games.

Either that or they just wouldn't know a good space combat sim if it flew up and nuked them from orbit.

@Kenworthy: I'd actually prefer faster ships myself. Even 3kps is barely over 0.001% of c.

On the other hand, it is "A Derek Smart Simulation", and not "A Brutally Realistic Zero-Drag Newtonian-Physics Simulation"; it may actually be more fun this way. I'm holding back judgement until I actually snag a copy of UC for my own.