How do I locate starbases on a planet?

Supreme Cmdr

I deleted this post from a thread that had other issues (and a different topic) and moved it into its own thread so that it stands out in future topic searches.

Previously posted by cadet

quote:

I am new to this posting. I just figured out how to do my sig profile.

I did go into the appendix file and found the location of starbases, but how do you find them on the planet. I tried landing on the planet and using my Tacops computer and had no luck. I am trying to find the starbase on Frellis.

The starbases all have [sBASE] in their names. So, if you are in Tacops and observing the planet and wish to locate the starbase on Earth, if you come across any with this type of name, thats a starbase.

Besides, I'm not sure where in the appendix you were looking, but since the starstations and starbases are launch bases, you should be looking in the Launch Bases tab. And if you scroll down the page to the starbases section, it will tell you where all the starbases are. It even gives you the name of the mzone and scene they are located in on the planet.

Unlike military bases, naval bases and cities, only starbases have a primary starbase object to which you can dock to or launch from.

Thank You for the help and for moving my post SC.

I am a little confused when it comes to posting and adding to a post. I don't want to make things confusing and cluttered, but want to get help when I need it. I know this is probably a dump question, but any help would be appreciated.

Guest Shingen

Can't you just go to TacOps/Observe and then zoom to either friendly or enemy?

If a starbase is on planet it'll show up, if not, then you'll have to go for a command center.

Right?

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

If a starbase is on planet it'll show up, if not, then you'll have to go for a command center.

Right?

Of course not; that would be too easy don't you see?

quote:

Right?

Yep and once you've done this you have a new submenu item MISSION ZONE in the TACOPS > ZOOM submenu tree, now you can locate any mission zone on the planet you're observing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quote:

Right?

I know. Its pretty simple. I think it even tells you in the manual.

• 8 months later...