Newbie Here - tips etc

james_mallison

Hi everyone. Well, my first post. I bought BCMG a few days ago for £6.99, and so far it's been entertaining. i havn't bothered with the campaings yet, because I enjoy free roaming and doing what I like - however there are SO MANY things to learn and its time consuming lol. Anyway, I'm james and 16 from UK. So of course i have a few questions about the game, (well not a few I have litereally hundreds but I'll present a few)...

1) Ok, i have yet to land on a planet that has people on etc, and i can't actually fight yet in the ships. Any tips?

2) Can you play it online? If you can, then is it just a free roaming section where you can make friends, join together, work together and fight together (which sounds ace - but first i'll have to master the basics)...

Hi CJ and welcome in our community.

First of all, I'd suggest you read the welcome Private Message you have in your Private Messages, and update you signature with your System Profile Infos.

I don't remember the correct procedure, but if you do a quick search on the forum using the words "System Profile" you should find all the instructions you need.

Then... for the first question... with ALT + E you exit from your craft and start wandering in First Person mode.

Anyway, the most useful tip I can give you, is to "go to bed" with the game manual... read it once, then read it a second or third time... then, play with your manual next to you. Everything will then become clear!

Uuhh... reading again your topic and my answer, I noticed I've misunderstood your first question.

Well... the tip of "going to bed" with the manual of the game is still a valid one.

Other things that come to my mind are:

- try and do in the game what you've just read in the manual

- fly around, experiment and do things, even if they may be wrong: experience often comes with mistakes

- use this forum and its search feature. Both for tips and troubleshootings. Browsing the various topics and using the search function may prove the best way to find an answer for your questions.

To land in an active spot on a planet you need to lay down a waypoint in that location so that your CC will enter the atmosphere right there.

You cannot fight inside your ship; this is a task for marines and they'll carry it out.

Thanks very much for the welcome. I will try to do that SYSTEM PROFILE INFORMATION as soon as possible. Also, I explored loads of different planets and the game really is interesting, inventive and HUGE! I tried fighting some enemies in a certian system, after jumping through a wormhole. I activated my autofiring guns, and my shield etc, and disabled the launch status which I figured out myself. However, I cannot seem every to win against the onslaught of enemies coming from a space station a long way away. I can lock on and fire missiles as the enemies come towards me, but they fly FAR to fast for me to shoot my laser cannon at them because my turning speed is so appauling. I also tried sorteeing my 4 interceptors and they helped a bit but I got destroyed easily. I have already looked through the forums and can't really find anything to help - can you help me please?

Find the best spots to hit enemies with your PTA System... that's not the same spot for every ship, so you'll have to try... there's also a topic somewhere 'bout it, but it's more fun to find "hot spots" on your own... just a hint: observe your ship.

As soon as you find the right spot, enemies quickly become space dust.

• 2 months later...