A few questions

jah

Hi,

after a very long time, i installed BCMG again and tried to understand how to play it. Well, i've got it. But there're still a few things i have to ask:

1. The Upgrades: I've bought a new Shield, Engine and Reactor, but i don't know, how i benefit from them. The only thing i found, is that the engine uses less fuel. But what does the new shield and Reactor?

2. What means "Comms On", when you launched a FC and clicked on its image? I haven't recognized any change.

3. Where are the debris fields, which are often mentioned here and in the manual?

I would be thankful for any help

Greetings

jah

1. make the shield more powerful of course!

2. It means the commlink was connected to your FC in otherwords they can say stuff to you like "I lost him!".

3. Things like these must be found. You cant expect to hop into the game and find a debris field. It'll take a while. And if you find something cool then good for you!

And the Reactor? Does it use less Radine? If yes, what does the new Engine. I've already read teh whole manual and the appendix, but couldn't find the differences between Engine and Reactor Upgrade.

Ah, one thing, I've recognized yesterday: I've tried it in a carrier. When you prep your Marines and have intruders onbord, I get tons of prisoners. In just 5 minutes, i believe, my detention hold was full. After i delivered them to a starstation and docked off, again the prisoners came, when intruders were onbord (only 1-4). My marines often stay at one location (for example Weapons Pod 1) and won't go away while in search duty. The same with the medics. They stay at the detention hold to support the prisoners. Even, when there are no Prisoners an longer, they don't move. Do you have the same problem.

And why don't my engineers repair systems at a 99% state (somtimes they do, sometimes not)?

Guest kenny87

Shield increases your shield protection

Hull/armour increases your armoured hull protection

Reactor AND engine decrease your radine usage.

And why don't my engineers repair systems at a 99% state (somtimes they do, sometimes not)?

---I've found it's not so much the percentage that matters, but rather the amount of time it would take to complete.

Basically if it completes with in the same minute as it started they won't repair it.

yeah, thanks for your answers. But I have still this problem with those so called marines. Or is Resnig responsible for that again? Probably he's hiring Prisoners to train those stupid guys of marines.

However, I will continue playing with my beautiful red Garid.

quote:

Originally posted by WarPrince:

Me read a manual,Whatt!!!!!! just the thought!!

I send my Resnig,his DNA and my worst regards.

May god hath pity upon the GCV Greencloud (the ship of Resnigs). (Sidenote:misplaced my manual)

Ok. everyone in a fleet has read the manual from what i know. The manual is very important. It tells ALOT of valuble information

I lost it , thx for your concern,(heres the noob talk)And it is to no consequence of what other commanders think.The KWC ArchAngel will dismiss all who defy my galatic reign.Challenge anyone?

But anyway resnig is worth is weight in pesos if even that much.but you tried taking them off duty. personnel movement takes a while.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Kenworthy:

Reactor AND engine decrease your radine usage.

But spesifically, the reactor decreases radine consumption based on time passed, the highest being 1/minute, and the lowest being 1/half hour.

The enginge decreases the ammount of radine used per HJ, the highest being 65/jump(OUCH!!) and the lowest being 10/jump.

DEFINATLY a good idea to upgrade ASAP!!

quote:

Originally posted by jah:

This happens to me too, but it seems they do a more thorough repair job on the ship than on all the other crafts. Don't bother trying to repair systems if they're at 99% or 98%, it's just a waste of supplies. The systems will function at 100% if they're not damaged below green anyways. Or maby it's at 99% because there's a scatch on it that the engies just can't find.