Attempts of suicide

jakesnake5

Everbody knows, (or should) that SuperCarriers are not good for dogfighting. That being said I'd like to tell people about the Homer I pulled.

After starting a new game, I had my shuttles deploy the miners on earth in Africa, then proceeded to the Neptune jump.

Mind you, this is a brand spanking new, unupgraded Firestorm. I hadn't evem swapped out the copilots in the fighters to the other 4 yet.

I know Neptune is a lawless area, with some targets that beg to be shot. It was here I decided to spend the time the miners needed to load up. Plus, I know how to handle such a big ship. Boy was I in for a supprise.

Upon jumping through the gate to Neptune, alarms started sounding. So I checked the locals.

Seems I jumped into an ambush. A Sunflash, Warmonger, BC Mk 3 and an Aestrom, along with about a dozen (I didn't count them all) fighters were near the gate. Actually, BETWEEN me and the gate.

I quickly realized I needed new pair of underwear, and hit the acceleration and started jinking.

They had already started shooting, so my shields weren't 100% before I started dodging. I was so busy evading, I forgot to launch anything, even cloaking would have helped.

The PTA's went ape. With such a target rich environment, all of them were shooting at something. With their level set at 100%, they drained the reserver quick, but by then, they'd done quite abit of damage.

After 5 mins, I had reduced the hostiles to the Sunflash and 4 fighters, when one of them got a lucky shot through that totalled my reactor.

I had just hit the retros when this happened, so I had about 450m/s reverse inertia going for me. Unfortunately, I lost weapon power. So after rolling ship into the sun (with damaged solar panels) I quickly powered the pta systems and left the IOD offline, and activated the launch control.

This is when I launched craft. I had only 2 fighters able to go, and 2 shuttles. I just launched them all. The fighters went nuts. I told one shuttle to jump back to Earth, and told the other to tow my busted butt through.

Back at Earth sector, I called my one surviving fighter through, and told everything to fly to GCHQ.

On dock, I found 10 people dead, 50% of my systems destroyed, and quite a bit of radiation poisoning.

It took over an hour to fix everything, and this was after the rad clean up and everybody being treated and rested so they could work again.

I think the only thing holding my ship together was the paint. And even that was scuffed abit.

• 11 months later...

Sounded like fun.. I once was flighing a group or gammerians that left my ship pretty destroyed but the PTA saved my ass. But I was shooting fast through space into null.. AARRGGG!!! waiting for Tow. My bays totaly destroyed my fighters all without pilots just sitting there. Me bored no thrust,20 power points spent on life supportand other nessesities. Almost scuttled and reset. but my crew wouldnt let me hit the button they all restrained me and I had to spend the tow in medibay.