This? Or Universal Combat?

Seriphyn

I'm struck between the two. Or maybe I should just get both. I'm into a more free-roaming experience, and I heard UC isn't the way to go for that. Also, BCM has scored higher then UC (I hear Earth looks like a blue gas giant). I'm also into the 'multi-genre' style gameplay which both games are promising, land combat and such.

So, advice?

Downloading now. I think I should ignore the bug reports in the original reviews, because it seems that the game is just so big to bugscan it, that Derek just releases it and gets reports from us forumites and reviews. With the patches I saw in the download section, it looks as if the bugs are fixed, and the new expansion pack looks like it will fix all the bugs.

Does BCM and/or BC3K have features that UC doesn't? Such as Fleet Command & Control? I'm quite inclined to UC at the moment, after reading around the forum.

ps. Possible I can grab the manual in PDF from anywhere?

quote:

Does BCM and/or BC3K have features that UC doesn't? Such as Fleet Command & Control?

They all have FC&C.In the normal Roam scenenario it has to earned.In some of the Instant Action scenarios you have it from the start.Or get GBS (Game Builder System) and make a roam where you have it from the start.

No manual available.

I'm probably going to get this this Saturday, ignoring all the consumer reviews (obviously because they are not BC fans, if you understand)

What are the different careers and roles of them anyway (maybe the ranks too, if you're feeling very helpful)?