Camping the VCF

Supreme Cmdr

SC, if the demo is done but people complaining will take time from your work on the patch or BCM add-on or whatever you are working on then don't release it. But if the patch will be done with no problems by the time the game ships and you have plenty of time to finish other stuff then release the demo and ignore the complaints, just tell them "IT'S A DEEEEEMMOOOO, in the game everything works like it should".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By privately, I meant the people on this forum. I think we're all on the same page in terms of honesty (at least the established members), so I think distributing it to just those people woundn't hurt anything.

EDIT: Oh, and JJ, contrats on your next post.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

I don't foresee any new critical additions to the 1.0.01 patch actually, apart from this CD issue.

I would however like to make the NPC marine's a tad smarter (since its not an FP game, I didn't focus too much on a lot more states as I do for ships) but thats not high priority. Getting mp up to speed is. But by the same token, it would be pointless releasing an mp patch if there are still lingering bugs in sp. In fact, they could prove to even more annoying.

And apart from that, the mp patch is not something I'm just going to release to the public like a regular patch. It will have to undergo stringent performance, play balance and gameplay testing via the int/ext Beta testers before it is declared fit to be released to the public. Which means, there is NO chance that I'll release it before Jan, as I DO plan on taking off in Dec on a much needed vacation.

Well, I've got lots to keep me busy until BCM arrives (AvP2, Civ3, U9, Arcanum, Aquanox) but... hell, release it anyway! If it's really that risky, release it privately as, say, a "test demo"... or somesuch thing. Any random idiot who decides to DL it will understand THAT, I think. But since you went off and let us all know that it exists: RELEASE SOMETHING!!!! AHHhHhhHhhhHHHhh!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Scrivener:

But since you went off and let us all know that it exists: RELEASE SOMETHING!!!! AHHhHhhHhhhHHHhh!!!!

LOL!! Actually I have it sitting here all tested, packed and ready to roll.....if I decide to release it tomorrow, that is.

very cruel indeed... But you could always put a screen saying ATTENTION: if your having problems with this demo do blah blah blah blah. DO NOT do blah blah blah. If you DO DO blah blah blah then that will result in blah blah blah blah blah.

see? isnt that simple?

Since we are all sat biting our nails waiting for BCM to hit the shelves, I would release the demo, so people can play that in the mean time. Hey! its gona make a lot of people sit up and think.. "I gota buy this!!" when they try it out.

well..... it couldnt be as buggy as the bc3k demo I remember playing off a pc gamer demo disk a looonnnngggg time ago.. That was the buggiest (but fun) demo I had ever played and thats what got me hooked to BC.

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

well..... it couldnt be as buggy as the bc3k demo I remember playing off a pc gamer demo disk a looonnnngggg time ago.. That was the buggiest (but fun) demo I had ever played and thats what got me hooked to BC.

hehe, I remember that one. *blech*

i really don't know why you guys are saying fix, when even if the SC releases it we could help him test it and find the problem faster, just release saying that here is the known bug, and like i said if someone is to stupid to read that they are too ignorant to join these boards, that simple

Bottom line is we all need a fix NOW. Once The finished game is in our sweaty palms none of us are going to care about another demo. But right now...............

(Hacks off his right arm and passes it to SC)

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: chris506 ]