Misc Tech Support Issues II

Gallion

Moved from this thread.

Post all v1.0.01 crashes in this thread.

Include the following information:

[*] system specifications and v-card driver version.

[*] detailed account on what you were doing when the crash occurred.

[*] steps to reproduce. If the crash cannot be reproduced then it cannot be fixed.

Crash reports that do not have this information will be deleted on sight.

TTFN

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Soback on 11-24-2001 17:48:

quote:

Oh, no. Got a problem. After I patched the game with the new patch I can only play for 10 to 15 minutes before the game crashes. I even reinstalled the whole game, applied the patch (from BCM folder) and started a new game and still can only play 10 to 15 minutes before the crash. Tried doing different things, I even just sat still just to see if it would still crash and it did. It doesn't happen if I don't apply the patch. What should I do?

ASUS P4T - motherboard (1005)

ASUS V8200 GeForce 3 T2 (21.81a)

Creative Soundblaster 5.1 (3227)

P4 1.6

256RDram

W98SE all updates

DX 8.1

Windows Media player 7.1

What can I do?

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova on 11-24-2001 17:55:

quote:

OMG, I was just comming in to report the same thing.

I was in a heated battle at Arima, trying to capture the Tulon station, and all of a sudden I CTDed. I can't really come up with any more info, except this: Ran it in Roam, Launched from Orion (Centris, used Violon Heavy Carrier. Got sorta pissed at myself, so I came over here to report, because this was the third time it happened to me.

I don't know what to say or do, Soback.

Originally posted by killzone on 11-24-2001 20:03:

quote:

I'm also experiencing the 15-20 min crash as well. I didn't have this problem with the beta patch.

PII450

256M

Geforce2MX 32M Detonator 28.81

DirectX 8.1

Windows Me

Previously posted by EAGLE. Moved here

Situation.

I am Ter/merc in Sygan region near Syganstar base (Ter/Ins hostile). Friendly carrier uncloaks and unloads 10 space marines toward station, station replies with 10 marines and 2 fighters.

I close in, damage the station and dock with takeing it under my control. I leave the station trying to kill red marines and as soon as i kill first enemy marine, i get CTD.

Small details:

before taking station.

Kill friendly marine nothing (bad) happens

Kill enemy marine nothing

after taking over station.

Kill friendly marine nothing

Kill enemy marine CTD.

if station is destroyed.

Kill both sides nothing hapens.

Note: the only time i was able to kill red marines after taking station is when they were leaving region to Zilon not engageing each other. When they were fighting each other i had same CTD.

(in previouse game before 1.0.01 patch.)

It may be hard to reproduce with marines so I have save files before taking over the station and after , with all marines in place.

Did anyone else have this?

P3 733

256Mb SDRAM

VooDoo3 (4.12.01.0666)

Sound blaster Live Value. (4.11.01.0711)

DirectX 8.1

Win98SE

Unless you can reproduce it reliably, I'm not touching it. I've been on ENOUGH wild Geese chases these few days and my sneakers are worn out.

I can't think of any reason why killing hostile marines would cause a CTD.

So, if you can reproduce it, post conclusive results and steps for reproduction. Then I will ask for the saved game.

If you still have that saved game, send it to [email protected] with a description of the problem.

Problem: CTD

Reproducable: Yes.

Plot course to a system far away (say, you in SOL, plot it to Gammula), it will CTD.

System:

Asus A7M266 266FSB Mobo

AMD 1.4ghz Athlon

512 CRUCIAL DDR Ram

Asus GeForce3 8200 Deluxe using 21.83 detonators

Windows 2000 Pro

21" KDS Monitor

60 gig 7200 RPM HDD (Maxtor), 50 gigs free.

Defragmented 2 days ago

Programs running on background: MS Sidewinder FF2.

(no antivirus or Software firewall running)

Cable Modem (Roadrunner)

Edited: Added more details and removed a previous assumption that the fireworks bug was related. If ye want it SC, I got a saved game with the fireworks.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Tac ]

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Tac ]

I noticed something. If your Navitron computer is destroyed, but you try accessing it anyway, you'll get a small picture of your immediate area. If you click on the picture (in an attempt to scroll it), none of the other computer systems will look right (even the ones that are working perfectly). They won't correct themselves until you quit the game entirely and restart it. Try it and see what I mean.

Note: I haven't registered yet because I haven't tried it on my computer yet, so please don't eat me! This computer's specs are:

Athlon 1Ghz

256 MB RAM

GeForce 3 with latest drivers

52X CD-ROM

If you need more info, tell me, and I'll provide it.

I can reproduce it.

You wait for station to launch some marines to defend against other marines

Then you take over that station and if u kill marines that station launched game crashes.

this is as clear as i can be

i send the save file already.

hope it helps.

better yet hope its just my com doing it

I can reproduce mine everytime (read second post from the top). All I have to do is start a new game and wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Don't even need to do anything. It's weird because it didn't use to do it pre-patched. Reinstalled the whole game, patched it up properly, still does it.

Got an odd problem that is hard to reproduce due to time constraints. Here it is:

After mining on Mars and selling the minerals at Starpath, I purchased the Tacyon Anagram shield.

After logging out of the station, I set my engineers to work on upgrading my shields. However, I was shortly thereafter attacked and, for some reason, took all the engineers off the upgrade project.

Anyway, the problem is that I'm unable to continue the upgrade project - I don't get the option to reassign engineers to the project. As it stands, the TA-shield is currently at 51% and is coloured pink in the Craft systems list. I can't replace/repair it.

I purchased another TA shield but when I select the upgrade option, I'm unable to select it. Also, when I do activate shields, they rise up to 5000. I'm not sure if this is the normal rate for this device.

It'll be tough for me to reproduce due to the amount of time it takes to earn that much cash Anyone have any idea whats up?

Ok, the crash after 10 to 15 minutes problem, solved. My mistake was to copy my saved games from the old install when I was playing with the beta patch and transfer them to the new install updated with the new patch. I got rid of those old save files in the save folder and the game doesn't crash anymore.

Here's the odd thing though. Now that I have started a new game and deploying mining drones, when I deploy a drone on Gamma-1, then check the status of how full it is from Tactical, it says that the drone is deployed at WRM-18. Then for the drone I deployed at Tyrinis it says that it's deployed at JMP-60. What's that? I distinctly remember that in my previous games it was listing the correct planets for deployed drones. Now it just lists these gyberish names.

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

I can reproduce it.

You wait for station to launch some marines to defend against other marines

Then you take over that station and if u kill marines that station launched game crashes.

this is as clear as i can be

i send the save file already.

hope it helps.

better yet hope its just my com doing it

OK. I got the saved games. Will get back to you.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

I can reproduce mine everytime (read second post from the top). All I have to do is start a new game and wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Don't even need to do anything. It's weird because it didn't use to do it pre-patched. Reinstalled the whole game, patched it up properly, still does it.

Lemme guess : You're using the Beta saved games.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Here's the odd thing though. Now that I have started a new game and deploying mining drones, when I deploy a drone on Gamma-1, then check the status of how full it is from Tactical, it says that the drone is deployed at WRM-18. Then for the drone I deployed at Tyrinis it says that it's deployed at JMP-60. What's that? I distinctly remember that in my previous games it was listing the correct planets for deployed drones. Now it just lists these gyberish names.

If you have a saved game, send it. Before you do, read this

quote:

Originally posted by [PCA]Pheonix:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You said they wouldn't be...no fair oh well DAMMIT I have to start Again now

/me cries

Yes. I also remember telling you to contact me if you wanted to be able to do that. Other reviewers did.