Misc Tech Support Issues II

Gallion

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh, I'm having the same problem again, and yes I checked the VCF and around the forum and haven't seen anything even similar to my problem, at least not in the most recent posts, but I'm not gonna go look in the archives and stuff, I doubt I'd find anything... anyways:

The problem is that it jumps back to the desktop with no error messages or anything when it's finished loading everything. If I reinstall completely and start all over (I can't use my saved game even if I backed it up) it'll work for awhile, but eventually (and at no certain point in the game or in time) it kicks to the desktop and if I try and go back in it does it when it's done loading and if I reboot, still does it, and if I ScanDisk and Defragment, still does it.

I sincierely apoligize if this has already been covered, but I swear to God I spent an hour and a half searching the latest threads and whatnot.

Specs:

win98 SE

P3 733 Mhz

nVIDIA Geforce2 MX w/ latest drivers

SB Live! sound card

256mb RAM

DX8.1

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Sadistic ]

First, let me say I've looked all over for an answer to this and I apologize ahead of time if this has already been addressed somewhere.

Started in the Earth region and headed to Pluto for some mining (Pluto seems very good for mining). I sent a drone to the planet and Charon (sp?). I took the jump gate to the Jupiter region to put a drone in that system. As soon as I try to go somewhere in that region (IO, Jupiter, etc.), I end up back in the Pluto region.

I'll go back through the jump gate to the Jupiter region and try a different way to fly to the planet, moon, base, etc.. No matter what, I end up back at Pluto.

I've tried the FLY TO from the SCM, activated autopilot and it sends me back to Pluto. I've selected Jupiter from the target list available the MAP tab of the NID, hit autopilot... boom, back to Pluto. I've also noticed the recharge from the hyperdrive is down to zero after returning back to Pluto via the jump gate.

Thank you in advance!!

quote:

I've tried the FLY TO from the SCM, activated autopilot and it sends me back to Pluto.

Sticky waypoints. Not real prety to talk about. Use Navitron or learn the course and fly there manually.

(heads to airlock)

quote:

Originally posted by Sadistic:

Urgh, I'm having the same problem again, and yes I checked the VCF and around the forum and haven't seen anything even similar to my problem, at least not in the most recent posts, but I'm not gonna go look in the archives and stuff, I doubt I'd find anything... anyways:

The problem is that it jumps back to the desktop with no error messages or anything when it's finished loading everything. If I reinstall completely and start all over (I can't use my saved game even if I backed it up) it'll work for awhile, but eventually (and at no certain point in the game or in time) it kicks to the desktop and if I try and go back in it does it when it's done loading and if I reboot, still does it, and if I ScanDisk and Defragment, still does it.

I sincierely apoligize if this has already been covered, but I swear to God I spent an hour and a half searching the latest threads and whatnot.

Specs:

win98 SE

P3 733 Mhz

nVIDIA Geforce2 MX w/ latest drivers

SB Live! sound card

256mb RAM

DX8.1

Did you try this suggestion? (third post from the end of the thread) Try that and let me know.

quote:

Originally posted by Stroman:

First, let me say I've looked all over for an answer to this and I apologize ahead of time if this has already been addressed somewhere.

Started in the Earth region and headed to Pluto for some mining (Pluto seems very good for mining). I sent a drone to the planet and Charon (sp?). I took the jump gate to the Jupiter region to put a drone in that system. As soon as I try to go somewhere in that region (IO, Jupiter, etc.), I end up back in the Pluto region.

I'll go back through the jump gate to the Jupiter region and try a different way to fly to the planet, moon, base, etc.. No matter what, I end up back at Pluto.

I've tried the FLY TO from the SCM, activated autopilot and it sends me back to Pluto. I've selected Jupiter from the target list available the MAP tab of the NID, hit autopilot... boom, back to Pluto. I've also noticed the recharge from the hyperdrive is down to zero after returning back to Pluto via the jump gate.

Thank you in advance!!

Read the manual. Its all in there.

Are we allowed to get out of our ship anymore if we crash in the water? I can't seem to be able to.

The autolander doesn't really work well for me. I've only been able to land once with no damage on flat ground area.

And all the bridge crew appear as males in FP I believe even though some are female. I can't be sure until I double check.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Yes Ive tried the patch and I have to say thanks on the FP mode

Now this game moves sooo smooth just cant wait for you too tackle the straff then ill just burst into joydom hehe

Oh btw is it poss to remap the zoom to the mouse whheel

And I love the way youve mapped the FP controls so far its the best ive seen in any game to date period.

Ehm, that's the third one from the end, I/m guessing you meant this one, 4th from the end:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr.:

OK. Listen up!

If you downloaded the BCM 1.0.01 patch between yesterday and today, you need to download the Navdata update file from the downloads page. These files were missing in the final patch. Simply unzip it into the folder where BCM is installed, making sure that you unzip with folders and overwrite existing files when prompted.

If you downloaded the Navdata update file before 4pm EST today, you need to download it again because I think my first upload was corrupt.

If you had previously applied the 1.0.01 Beta patch, when you install the final patch, all the Beta saved games should have been deleted by the patch. If not, before or after applying the final version, delete all the files in the SAVE folder where BCM is installed.

The patches are NOT incremental. They just replace files. This means that (a) you do not need the Beta patch in order to apply the final (
B)
you can apply the patch on top of itself without ANY consequences. No need to re-install the game.

I repackaged and uploaded the 1.0.01 final patch to include the files from the Navdata update. So, if you want to have everything in one package, for keeps sake, just go ahead and download the final patch again.

The upcoming 1.0.02 patch due out tomorrow, fixes some more issues and will include all fixes from 1.0.01.

Have fun!

If so, yes, I completely wiped out the game, reinstalled it, and patched it 5 or so times. It works if I do a new game, but not if I backup my saved game and play it, and it stops working after a while of playing (no certain amount of time and at no certain point in the game)

You must be using the backed up savegame which was played when you had the beta patch. I had the exact same problem, played for about 10 to 15 minutes then crashed. You have to delete them from the save folder (do not keep them there, they will crash the new games too) and start a new game.

I uninstalled and killed the folder each time, and just backed up the save game in case I could use it later. I started a brand new game and it worked for a little while and then crashed, and when I tried to load a save of the game it crashed after the loading.

I have no problems with 1.0.01 final saved games. Nor do the dozens of testers back here. Or anyone else for that matter.

So, I dunno what to tell you. I'm stumped.

You might want to re-download the patch. If you haven't read my announcement for today, then you won't know that you no longer need the navdata patch. Just kill whatever patch you have and re-download it. Uninstall, re-install. Patch and go from there.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Are we allowed to get out of our ship anymore if we crash in the water? I can't seem to be able to.

The autolander doesn't really work well for me. I've only been able to land once with no damage on flat ground area.

And all the bridge crew appear as males in FP I believe even though some are female. I can't be sure until I double check.

1. Depends on the ship

2. Yeah, and? Who said it was supposed to be perfect? If thats the case, why would you be allowed to fly? You HAVE to know how to use it and when. Just like everything else.

3. Whatever it is you're smoking, have you got any left? How you could possibly tell male from female, seeing that they wear a standard suit, puzzles me. Lay off the weed.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I have no problems with 1.0.01 final saved games. Nor do the dozens of testers back here. Or anyone else for that matter.

So, I dunno what to tell you. I'm stumped.

You might want to re-download the patch. If you haven't read my announcement for today, then you won't know that you no longer need the navdata patch. Just kill whatever patch you have and re-download it. Uninstall, re-install. Patch and go from there.

Okay.. I re-d/led the patch 3 out of the 5 times I reinstalled but it's worth another shot.

quote:

Originally posted by Sadistic:

Okay.. I re-d/led the patch 3 out of the 5 times I reinstalled but it's worth another shot.

You uninstalled and re-installed the game before you tried to do the patches again, right? And you did run it from the game's directory?

And remember. If you uninstall the game to try to do a re-install, backup the save folder (if you have game saves you want to keep), and wipe the whole folder (that means delete the entire Battlecruiser Millennium folder) before you re-install.

The patch works for me, so I have no idea what could be your holdup.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

You uninstalled and re-installed the game before you tried to do the patches again, right? And you did run it from the game's directory?

And remember. If you uninstall the game to try to do a re-install, backup the save folder (if you have game saves you want to keep), and wipe the whole folder (that means delete the entire Battlecruiser Millennium folder) before you re-install.

The patch works for me, so I have no idea what could be your holdup.

Yeah, I did that each time. I guess it just decided to be cooperative this time.

I've been getting the following errors after about 15-20 min. I see other people had problems with it crashing but here is my circumstance:

-------

Playing Training Mission 1

Anytime after 15-20 regardless of what craft/FP perspective I am in.

Here are two errors generated that are from Component Service/Dr.Watson in W2k:

Both are access violation errors.

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 11/27/2001 @ 17:36:29.435 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0047B835 ()

[this error happened with V1.0 while i was in the BC around Trion]

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 11/27/2001 @ 19:55:41.676 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 002B7A6D ()

[this one with 1.0.0.1 While in a shuttle craft flying to Trion]

-------

OK, second problem.

I transported down to the surface of trion, and then transported back on to my BC in Training mission 1, and the transporter image was stuck in the middle of my screen and wold not go away, either in F1 view, or exterior views. If I Zoomed far out in exterior views, however, it would dissapear, but zooming back in it would reappear.

-----

Third.

As seen in the pic linked, this is what the BC in the same mission looks like.

PIC IS HERE

I don't know if you can see it properly, [i'll gt a better pic you need one], but the middle section of the BC is lower than the fins and you can see the PTA turrent

hanging there in space, and the gap in between the rear fins and the hull.

---

But in between the crashes, I'm having a blast.

Cheers!

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]

quote:

3. Whatever it is you're smoking, have you got any left? How you could possibly tell male from female, seeing that they wear a standard suit, puzzles me. Lay off the weed.

Well how in the hell am I supposed to know who to sexually harass?

I rechecked my screenshot, yeah I can't tell. Would it be possible to give the women the female commander body with a standard helmet? I'm assuming just a new head on the f_cmdr_skin and call function changed wherever model textures are; unless of course all bridge crew are called under the same command. Unless all are called under when you start game as certain race. I'm assuming they are which would make it that much more difficult(i.e. hard work) to change...

That's cool though, I'll just assign id tags so I know who to feel up

Ok this is my problem. I can not start a Career of any kind. It will take me to the set-up screen where you pick your ship, gear and so on. I can hit accept and it will take me into the game where I can see my crew, cargo , support ships and so on. As soon as I log off and go to bridge it kicks me back to windows and dumps the game. I have all the current drivers and patches. The game plays fine in any other mode. What is my problem?

PII 350

128 megs RAM

viper 770 ultra

WIN 98E

In a commander career, I beamed myself down to an enemy starbase area, along with some marines. The marines just kneeled there, even after I gave them orders. I ran around the base myself a little bit, and ran into an NPC platoon. Except I wasn't dead. They were just standing there.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but I tired beaming down on several computers and several planets, and have yet to get shot at. As for my marines, I know their AI is low, but I think they're smart enough to shoot someone, or at least walk around.

Well, I did as you say and still the same problem. Here's the quick run down.

On startup:

1. Pre DX 8.1 - Pre Patch: Everything runs.

2. Post DX 8.1 - Pre Patch: Safedisc screen then nothing.

3. Post DX 8.1 - Post Patch: Nothing at all.

I've tried defrag, scandisk, shutting everything down but nothing gets this game to run. Help!!! Right now I'm looking for a way to get my old DX 8.0 back.

Athlon 600mhz

384MB of PC133 RAM

Nvidia Riva TNT2 Video card with latest drivers (AGP)

SB Live! Sound Card (PCI)

32GB HD with 7GB free

Win98SE with latest updates

56k Modem

Yamaha 20x CD-R/RW Drive

48x CD-ROM Drive (one I'm using for GR)

DirectX ver: 8.1