Hey Derek yer bum, FIX THIS !!!!

Supreme Cmdr

Yippee i found a bug. (jumps up and down)

Only a little one though. Thought SC had killed all the little blighters.

Training mission TA02 (might also affect the others)

In this one you start in a ground vehicle. I have found that except for on the first occasion whenever you exit the vehicle the ammo for all your weapons changes to zero. (even after re-supply)

One additional extra. Any chance of increasing the turning circle for all the ground vehicles. (Although the ships feel great, the ground vehicles just don't feel right. Ahem not complaining though)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by LordDavid:

Here's something that I want to be fixed that affects all the Gammulans out there. It is not a bug, but still..... fixing it would be nice...

The Stormcarrier dosen't have enough pilots to go around for all of its fighters. With the Stormcarrier's slow maneuveribility those fighters are vital for survival. This probably would be more beneficial in multiplayer though.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

Didn't I say if its not broken, not to post it in here? Are you trying my patience or do you just want me to type up this threatening post?

quote:

Originally posted by chris506:

Yippee i found a bug. (jumps up and down)

Only a little one though. Thought SC had killed all the little blighters.

Training mission TA02 (might also affect the others)

In this one you start in a ground vehicle. I have found that except for on the first occasion whenever you exit the vehicle the ammo for all your weapons changes to zero. (even after re-supply)

TA0002 gives you a fighter, not a vehicle. If you're going to report something - GET IT RIGHT!!!!

The problem I have is with finding mining drones on the surface of an uninhabited moon. If you have no other presence on the moon (like a shuttle, fighter, or marine) then the mining drones do not appear in the TacOps Zoom To menu.

This means that you cannot select them as targets for the "Extract Drone X" waypoint. At the moment, this is not a problem because the "Extract Drone X" command will cause the shuttle to instantly retrieve the drone no matter where the waypoint is placed. But you mentioned that this was debug code, and that you might remove it.

All I wanted to check was that you weren't going to do one (remove the debug code) without the other (make drones selectable from Zoom To) or mining moons will become very tedious.

To see exactly what I mean, do the following:

1) Start at a system with an unihabited moon (eg Majoris/Majora)

2) Open Tacops, and observe MOON-01.

3) Give one of your shuttles a Deploy Drone waypoint followed by a Wait for orders waypoint

4) Crew the shuttle and launch it.

5) Once the shuttle reports that it has deployed the drone, go back to Tacops and observe the moon. While the shuttle is on the planet, you can Zoom To...Other...mining drone blah blah.

6) Order the shuttle to RTB

7) Once the shuttle breaches the atmosphere of the moon, observe the moon in Tacops again. Zoom To...Other... now has nothing to view.

I know I posted about this in the forums, but at the time I daren't post here because I hadn't had a chance to register my copy, so please forgive the repeat post. Also, in the forums, you said you might look into it, but I checked the VCF and there was nothing there, so I thought I'd report it properly, ie here.

Regards,

Smiley

quote:

TA02 is based around a ground vehicle!!!!!!!

TA02 [bCTA0003] EF Marine Elite Force Marine Training

Err.. You should have designated which one you were talking about. SC musta thought you meant BCTA0002..... Not the one you're talking about. There's 2 parts to the IA/TA designators/names, so you've got to be careful.

quote:

TA02 is based around a ground vehicle!!!!!!!

TA02 [bCTA0003] EF Marine Elite Force Marine Training

You should refer to the scenario name. Thats why its there. So, its TA0003.

...and I just tried it five times. It works just fine.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I found a planet where I saw lots of naval vessels cruising around underneath the surface. No water anywhere near this place. It didn't look like one of the shallow water areas you described above. I have screenshots which show the planet/location which I can post when I get home.

(oops. sneezed and hit the 'post' button)

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]

quote:

Originally posted by SmileyMan:

The problem I have is with finding mining drones on the surface of an uninhabited moon. If you have no other presence on the moon (like a shuttle, fighter, or marine) then the mining drones do not appear in the TacOps Zoom To menu.

Read today's VCF

quote:

Originally posted by Schmendrick:

I found a planet where I saw lots of naval vessels cruising around underneath the surface. No water anywhere near this place. It didn't look like one of the shallow water areas you described above. I have screenshots which show the planet/location which I can post when I get home.

(oops. sneezed and hit the 'post' button)

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Schmendrick ]

OK. Send them to me

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Read today's VCF

Thought I had, but I had forgotten about the magic of proxy servers......

Just had to mention how cool it is to have a developer who listens to the fans and fixes stuff visibly. Anyone who bought Black and White and struggled to play it while being kept in the dark about the patches it obviously needed will understand how good it feels to be treated like an adult and kept informed.

This makes absolutely no sense to me and I'm not even going to investigate it. So, anyone who has time to verify this, let me know what you find.

quote:

I recently acquired BCM, and I have only one problem that I cannot solve... It is related to the TTD tags in TACOPS when viewing planets. My understanding is that when you zoom in to view a scene, such as some _mbase scene, all the buildings and units should have TTD boxes around them, so that you can target them. This works fine, even when moving to many different scenes and regions of the planet, however once I have placed a waypoint, such as deploy drone, and I have the shuttle deliver the drone and return to base, there is a problem. Now if I zoom to another scene I can see the buildings, but the ttd do not appear for these. I try exiting tacops, and trying again. I've tried changing the angle, and the zoom, I have even tried exiting the game, and then restoring the saved game, but I can only view the TTD for buildings and units in the vicinity of where I deployed the drone. Even after the drone is recovered, and there are no units or waypoints in the area, the problem persists.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

This makes absolutely no sense to me and I'm not even going to investigate it. So, anyone who has time to verify this, let me know what you find.

SC, this was the same thing I was trying to explain to you before. Yes I have already been able to verify, and reproduced this by means of the steps I posted in this thread, before it was deleted.

I am hoping that other people have seen this too, but now I feel a little better knowing that I am not the only person that has seen this.

First off Derek great game, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, the depth of the game is totally immersive. Can't wait for multiplayer. Here are a few things I've noticed. A few of these are vital others not so much, but I'm sending them all to you anyways. I am using 1.0.0.2 RC7 patch.

Deleted. None of these are problems. This thread is for posting problems only please.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

SC, this was the same thing I was trying to explain to you before. Yes I have already been able to verify, and reproduced this by means of the steps I posted in this thread, before it was deleted.

I am hoping that other people have seen this too, but now I feel a little better knowing that I am not the only person that has seen this.

This is YOUR email to the support address that I wrote here. Please stop posting about this until someone else reports to me.

Okie dokie. I may have found something of interest.

Started with a fresh delete, reboot, install, reboot, patch (running 1.0.02 RC7), reboot, run. (Falcon4 habit...)

SNG Terran/Mil at GHQ. I parked the BC and put my AE on a shuttle. Bought AD tech stuff (iridium, OTS bugnor, etc.) at GHQ and sold at Polaris1's station. I did this back and forth approximately 5 times. Upon jumping to the Polaris1 region about the fifth/sixth time, 5 seconds after entering the region, the game locked up. Luckily, I had saved right before leaving GHQ for Polaris1. I restarted the computer, started BCM, and restored the game. I repeated my previous flight path to Polaris1. This time there was no crash upon entering the Polaris1 region. However, immediately upon arriving in Polaris1, I heard several loud marine pain sounds play simultaneously (between 5 and 10). I observed that the Polaris1 station's shields were about halfway and that there were several SF marines, both the station's and the attacker's, floating around behind the Polaris1 station about where the station would have been several minutes before (presumably when the attack occurred). Continuing, I proceeded to sell my goods at Polaris1 and begin my return to GHQ. Upon arriving in the Lyrius region, I noticed a Gammulan/Raider Storm Carrier preparing to jump and attack the station there. I decided to hyper over and catch it with my tractor beam. I did so, took some light damage, and continued on to GHQ with no immediately apparent ill effects. Upon arriving in the Earth region, I happened to use the F9 external view. I noticed that, while I could see the tractor beam and the Storm Carrier, the only parts of my shuttle that were visible were the yellow contrails. The model had disappeared. I delivered the Storm Carrier to GHQ and immediately left. My shuttle was still invisible except for the yellow contrails. After noting this, I proceeded to dock with my BC. Upon docking, I immediately went to the tactical computer, so as to tell my AE to stay on the shuttle (as he normally wants to go back to the bridge automatically upon docking with the BC). Upon opening the tactical computer, I noticed that it listed my AE as Dead. I immediately saved the game by choosing the Save and Exit option. After restoring the game, I proceeded to the tactical computer once again and selected to clone my AE in the Medibay screen. After waiting a few minutes, I was given the Cloning successful message, at which point my AE was again available. I believed this to be worth reporting, as I don't remember ever having read about anything similar being reported.

The first incident (being the crash) appears to me to be specifically related to the SF marine's pain sound in that instance. Now that I think about it, I've had a few crashes before that occurred immediately after hearing a burst of explosion sounds played all at once. In all the cases, it seemed the only objects that could be emitting the sounds were far away (may not be necessary to reproduce). In all cases, it seemed the sounds that were played in bursts were damage sounds (may not be just damage sounds). And, in all cases they were activated as I approached the emitting objects while in hyperspace, or as I entered a region (very sure of this). I'm guessing that sounds are activated by proximity to the player, and in this case are being queued up and let loose all at once when a player approaches.

Not always does this burst of sounds result in a crash. Sometimes the game will continue on after a short stutter. Sometimes, a crash results without ever actually hearing the sounds. If I save often and have a crash, I can restart, restore, and go through the same motions, and most of the time I'll experience a burst of sound at right about the same place/time as when I crashed before.

I have no idea what caused the second incident, I'll work on reproducing it and report whether or not it was reproducable.

The only other anomaly I have noticed is whenever I exit the game and go back to the desktop, and then attempt to start the game again, I get this message:

BCM has caused an error in . BCM will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.

If I attempt to start any other program after exiting BCM, I get a message similar to this:

Operationflashpoint has caused an error in OPERATIONFLASHPOINT.EXE. Operationflashpoint will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.

Nothing I tried was successful in restoring stability besides restarting.

I am unable to start any program after exiting BCM until restarting my computer. Upon restarting, I see this message immediately before my desktop appears:

Please wait while setup updates your configuration files

Setup has finished, and is continuing to load Windows.

This is 100% reproducible for me, and happens every single time. It has since the Gold version.

Since not everyone is experiencing this, I'm guessing that the crashes are my hardware. (maybe the sound burst thing too)

However, I've read at least one other person complain BCM made his computer unstable and that it wouldn't let any other programs run after exiting. (He was whining) I think SC responded to him. I can't remember where I read it, and I can't seem to find it using search. I'll look some more tomorrow if requested.

If this doesn't sound important SC, just forget about it. Don't even respond. It's not a fatal thing. (I'll just save often )

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: MerfGlurf ]

quote:

I believed this to be worth reporting, as I don't remember ever having read about anything similar being reported.

Indeed. But you've screwed up by not securing the saved game and sending it over. If you've restored your AE, you solved the problem. When the AE dies, the game should end. And the fact that it didn't, is probably why your shuttle (the primary asset since the AE is in it) was not fully rendered.

quote:

Since not everyone is experiencing this, I'm guessing that the crashes are my hardware. (maybe the sound burst thing too)

However, I've read at least one other person complain BCM made his computer unstable and that it wouldn't let any other programs run after exiting. (He was whining) I think SC responded to him. I can't remember where I read it, and I can't seem to find it using search. I'll look some more tomorrow if requested.

That was all related to using invalid saved games

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

I'll get the persistent damage FX, and my shield plutonium level keeps decreasing.

I started this new game with the 1.0.0.1 patch.

If you do a search on this forum for comments on both the persistant dammage FX and the latest patch, you will find that this has already been addressed and fixed (See the Version Control File)

This is the link to the 'latest' patch..

Ok, I've got a bug here.

Problem: Planetary Coordinates reset after leaving a starbase as a Commander

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start New Game: Commander

2. Send your AE to a shuttle

3. Set appropriate waypoints to get yourself to a starbase (planet surface)

4. Set down next to the starbase.

5. Note planetary coordinates

6. Dock at the base

7. Leave the base

8. Note planetary Coordinates (0N 0W)

Notes:

This is just an annoyance, as long as you've docked in a shuttle. If you're in an OC and this occurs (Note: I haven't tested it in an OC. I'm at work now. Could someone give it a try?) you could easily end up in the middle of an ocean, which would make it a game ending bug. I know that in BC3K you would leave a starbase at the same point you docked at it, so I'm guessing this is incorrect functionality.

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

This is just an annoyance, as long as you've docked in a shuttle. If you're in an OC and this occurs (Note: I haven't tested it in an OC. I'm at work now. Could someone give it a try?) you could easily end up in the middle of an ocean, which would make it a game ending bug. I know that in BC3K you would leave a starbase at the same point you docked at it, so I'm guessing this is incorrect functionality.

Its not a bug. You will be positioned at a waypoint around the object you docked with. You're not going to be back at the same spot you were when you docked - and you are certainly not going to end up in an ocean. Where the heck did you get that idea from?

Positioned at a waypoint? I don't follow you.

I dock at a base 30 degrees south and 60 degrees west, and when I come out of the base I'm at 0N 0W. Several Thousand kilometers away. In a different planetary region. Different Time Zone. Different Terrain. If the terrain on the equator at 0W happens to be ocean, I'm going to get wet. If I land my CC next to the base, transfer to the shuttle and dock at the base. I'm going to have to go to space and back to get back to the CC.

If I am positioned at a waypoint, then it is the waypoint of the Planet, not the base.

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

Positioned at a waypoint? I don't follow you.

I dock at a base 30 degrees south and 60 degrees west, and when I come out of the base I'm at 0N 0W. Several Thousand kilometers away. In a different planetary region. Different Time Zone. Different Terrain. If the terrain on the equator at 0W happens to be ocean, I'm going to get wet. If I land my CC next to the base, transfer to the shuttle and dock at the base. I'm going to have to go to space and back to get back to the CC.

If I am positioned at a waypoint, then it is the waypoint of the Planet, not the base.

When you have concrete information for me to investigate, be sure to post it. But since you're probably just adlibing this (as per your previous post), quit spamming the thread with something you're not certain off, until you get home from work.

SC, I have a savegame that I saved immediately after capturing the Storm Carrier (before getting all the way back to Earth; while I was still in Lyrius on my way to Earth), and a savegame that I saved after having dropped off the Storm Carrier at GHQ, immediately after docking with my CC in Earth region; the savegame which lists my AE as dead in tactical.

I can send you either, both, or I can play the first one and attempt to reproduce the afore mentioned dissapearing shuttle effect, save it, and send that to you. ...Or I can shadup and siddown.

quote:

That was all related to using invalid saved games

Any idea as to how my savegame became invalid? (Is this what you are saying? I'm a bit confused...)

It was a new game started immediately after a fresh uninstall, delete dir, install, and patch. (It was NOT a savegame from any older version) Again, I was running RC7.

The error message I get whenever I try to run any program after quitting BCM has been with me since the gold version and in every version since. (Did I miss something you said?)

If I run BCM (it doesn't matter how long; I can run it for a while, or just quit immediately), after quitting, any attempt to start BCM again, or start any other 3D game, results in an error message. (In my last post, I had said any other 'program'. I should have said any other '3D game'. Regular 2d stuff will still run without having to restart.)

I screwed up when editing early this morning, and omitted a part of the error message that may be important.

'BCM has caused an error in (it says 'unknown' bracketed by greater than and less than symbols). BCM will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.'

Restarting the computer obviously works, and is only a small annoyance.

Is the above issue the issue you said was caused by invalid saves, or did you mean the bursts of sound that occasionally cause BCM to crash on my computer (or both)?

I just want to make sure that these are, in fact, the exact same issues that you already know about, and also make sure there isn't any misunderstanding.

If these issues are known, and there is a known solution I haven't yet read about, could somebody please point me in the right direction?

If they aren't, I'm more than happy to assist in any way possible.

Thanks again SC. (Sorry for the confusion!)

EDIT:

quote:

Those a symptomatic of driver issues. Update your audio/video drivers and READ the FAQ, especially where is tells you knock down sound/video acceleration a few notches.

Yessir. Won't clutter up this thread with that issue anymore. And Thanks!

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: MerfGlurf ]