Hey Derek yer bum, FIX THIS !!!!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Right I give up on this game. All day Ive been trying to stay alive in this game, which I was doing great at. Only thing that just killed me for the second time today is A CTD and now my Saved game wont load. It gets stuck on Gave Loaded and stays thier, and all I can hear are sounds. I have to reboot the computer because BCM wont let my Ald,CRT,Del it closed. 4 hours of game time down the tubes. What a waste.

You want the saved file Ill send it. Just tell me what to send and you will get it.

Only thing different on my system is that I put the Soundblaster back in Gamer 5.1. Since XP doesnt like the cheap Onboard sound. I did a system restore back from October to get the Sys.ini cleaned up. Every works great. Latest drivers. Etc..

Sucks I really was liking this game. But cant play if Im going to keep losing my save files to random crashes.

Again i got the save if you want it. To prove Im not fibbing you.

quote:

Originally posted by Malkuth:

Ok SC your right that makes sense fine. But Im not in the gravity pull of the planet when I left HS. And if thats also the case why doesnt the Enemy ship fall into the Gravity too?

Was playing all after noon and it happened again at pluto. Pain in the butt. I was not anywhere near the planet when I came out. In fact the enemy ship was Beyond the Pluto Space Station. But I did HS through it again. And ended up getting damaged again.

To prove to you that you are in planets gravitational pull. Reload the game you have saved, or next time when you HJ to a ship that is close to the planet, take this steps.

1. HJ to the ship that is close to the planet.

2. While in HJ, target the planet/moon that the ship is close to. (so that you can see the distance to the planet)

3. When you exit HJ, if you are within 150 clicks or closer to the planet you will get pulled in.

quote:

All Right I give up on this game. All day Ive been trying to stay alive in this game, which I was doing great at. Only thing that just killed me for the second time today is A CTD

I just looked at your profile. Not only are you NOT using the latest nVidia drivers for winXP, I suspect that other drivers are old as well.

If you are concerned about CTDs, read the FAQ.

As for the saved game, no, I'm not interested in it. If you have a CTD and the saved game won't load, its probably corrupted due to the CTD.

quote:

Ok SC your right that makes sense fine. But Im not in the gravity pull of the planet when I left HS. And if thats also the case why doesnt the Enemy ship fall into the Gravity too?

Was playing all after noon and it happened again at pluto. Pain in the butt. I was not anywhere near the planet when I came out. In fact the enemy ship was Beyond the Pluto Space Station. But I did HS through it again. And ended up getting damaged again.

If you are entering the planet, it means that you are within its grav pull. How else would you like this explained to you?

quote:

Never mind then. I solved my problem, just wont go after ships to close to planets.

And here I was thinking you already knew that. Oh well

quote:

Drivers are up to date with xp. Will update my Profile. Havent touched it since I started up. Sorry about that SC.

heh, the whole purpose of having that there, is so that I can have a quick look at someone's profile when they report a problem. So, if your profile is out of date, well then. Everyone should update their profile when their system changes.

quote:

I have had a similar problem like this. When I begin to slow down and exit hyper jump i checked my distance to the planet and I was over 2000 clicks from it when suddenly I was entering orbit... This only happens when I hyper jump through a planet to get to an enemy on the other side. Like he says below I learned not to hyperjump to enemys if I have to go through a planet to get to them. This has only happened to me at very rare occasions. I have had it happen to me twice so far let ya know more if it happens again.

quote:

Originally posted by Masterfeff761:

I have had a similar problem like this. When I begin to slow down and exit hyper jump i checked my distance to the planet and I was over 2000 clicks from it when suddenly I was entering orbit...

You can NEVER enter a planet at 2000 clicks distance. Period.

You must have been looking at your range to the target itself and NOT the planet. If you were targeting the ship, the range would NOT be of the planet because the current target is in the Tacscan and NOT the NID.

Learn how to use these systems properly. Reading the relevant sections in the manual would be a good start.

Whenever I start BCM this message pops up:

Play Cutscene Error

Failed (0x80040200) in RenderFile(C:Program Files3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumgfxavi3klogo.avi)!

So whats wrong? I dunno. I tried reinstalling and the same thing happens.

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Mrxknown ]

I just wanted to post an observation reguarding the SF marin jetpacks. My AE's jet pack is back to normal with the .3 patch. I has the original 4-point thing, but the other SF marines outfits in the game still have that half jetpack for marines on planets...

No big deal, and it is always possible that I've done something wrong. Any ideas?

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

I just wanted to post an observation reguarding the SF marin jetpacks. My AE's jet pack is back to normal with the .3 patch. I has the original 4-point thing, but the other SF marines outfits in the game still have that half jetpack for marines on planets...

No big deal, and it is always possible that I've done something wrong. Any ideas?

Would somebody mind translating that for me please? Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Would somebody mind translating that for me please? Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Babel Fish

I just wanted to announce an observation reguarding the jetpacks of sailor of SF. My package of jet of AE' S is again with the normal with the connection of 3. I has the initial thing 4-point, but the other equipment of soldiers of marine of SF in the play always has this half of jetpack for soldiers of marine on planets....

No business, and he is always possible only I did something badly. Ideas?

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

My best attempt at translation is:

The Commander Jet pack model for space is the proper model again. The SF Marines however use the EFM jetpack model.

Ah I see. No wonder mine worked, it used the proper one only in debug mode. doh!

Anyway, this small 2.8MB EXE fixes this problem. Unzip to your BCM folder and overwrite the current version.

I have modified and re-uploaded the 1.0.03 patch to all mirrors to contain this fix.

Note. This EXE also has a updated SafeDisc digital signature for compatibility with more drives. So, be sure to backup your existing BCM.EXE first, just in case.

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I will let the picture do most of the talking.

Dead.jpg

I ended up cloning myself. I still have the save file. This happened in version 1.0.0.2. My AI was on the ship when he died. He got infected on a planet and went to medibay. I happened to look a little later and he was dead. The game did not end.

Ok, here are two problems I found yesterday:

I slammed my firestorm into the surface of a planet after launching all my shuttles, and was heavily damaged. I got out of the ship, and ordered a shuttle to land near me. It landed. I end up being able to walk through the front half of the ship, and are unable to land on top of it with jetpack. I get into the shuttle fine, then I try flying my shuttle into the firestorm. I keep flying straight through it, no damage to either ship. I flew every way possible through the ship, through every area, almost every angle, and there is NO collision with ANYTHING. Sorta ruined the realistic aspect of the game. Can ya fix it? I was on Polaris II (in case you need help reproducing it)