Hey Derek yer bum, FIX THIS !!!!

Supreme Cmdr

2 problems I had today.

(I'm using RC 9)

Both FP related problems

1. I cannot aim the arm laser as male commander, it just points straight like in the 2nd demo does with marines (i.e. no mouse look.)

2. I was playing on the ground in First person in an insurgent base. I used ALT + S to go to Tacops and give orders to my aircraft that were in the region. I would select the area in Tacops, and it would dump me into First Person instead of letting me use Tacops in the area I was in. First time I've had this happen, but it did it several times. It would let me use tacops in any region in earth, but when I picked the mission zone I was in, it dumped straight to FP mode as if I hit F1.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, ok, this is 100% reproducible but it has to do with the appendix not the binaries.

The "missiles" page is lacking the helpful explanation of the guidance logic that were found on the first pages of Appendix D of BC3K (which luckily I still have in my 3-ring binder).

I realize that this is probably a dirt-low priority , but one can always hope, right? Though I won't be overly surprised if this post gets modified with a "siddown 'n shaddup" comment for bringing up this in here (I couldn't post it as a new topic in here or I would have).

Just found something really odd.

Whenever I try to start a new game with these settings:

-Race: Syrion

-Career: Commander

-Planet: Sarien

I get a CTD immediately when I try to access Tradcom.

I had just installed a new sound card so I figured that was probably the problem. However, I tried starting new games starting with other race/planet selections and it works just fine.

quote:

I have the same here with one difference. I don't get kicked back to the desktop. My system locks up and requires rebooting.

I'm now running RC9

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: MerfGlurf ]

I have a dead I/M (Inmate, take a look at what I do for a living and you will understand why I did not use the P word) in my detention hold that has been there for a few days and I am sure he is smelling up the place. None of my crew will take the body out and I have docked with several stations with no success. It is going to be very hard to keep other I/Ms in there. They are not going to be able to take the smell and will think we don't feed our I/Ms. I am afraid they are going to escape and wreak havoc on my ship. SC if you have the time could you please fix this.

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

I have a dead I/M (Inmate, take a look at what I do for a living and you will understand why I did not use the P word) in my detention hold that has been there for a few days and I am sure he is smelling up the place. None of my crew will take the body out and I have docked with several stations with no success. It is going to be very hard to keep other I/Ms in there. They are not going to be able to take the smell and will think we don't feed our I/Ms. I am afraid they are going to escape and wreak havoc on my ship. SC if you have the time could you please fix this.

Yeah, I've seen this happen a lot. It also seems that my searching medics spend a lot of time down in the prison playing around with the corpses too.

SC with reference to the bug i reported previously which affects ammo levels in the training missions.

I have a bit more information. The actual bug only affects the ammo of the weapon you were holding when you entered the ground vehicle.

Please try the following:

1, Exit vehicle

2, select weapon

3, re-enter vehicle

4, exit again and check ammo for weapon you had been carrying, should be zero!!

This bug affects both ground based marine training missions.

TA02 [bCTA0003]

TA03 [bCTA0004]

Please confirm i am not going mad.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: chris506 ]

SC,

Just upgraded to RC9. Have not previously experienced any lockups within the game.

My problem is this, all FP functions/animations work fine until I press run/walk toggle to locked run mode and then press space to do a jump. Whole system locks up forcing re-boot. Have tried this eight times in different locations/circumstances, happens every time. Please investigate....

(is anybody else having this problem?)

My system specs are:

AMD 1.2

Hercules 3d prophet II GTS Pro

Sonic Fury soundcard(santa cruz)

256MB

Direct X 8.1 / mediaplayer 7.1

Detonator V21.81(graphic card drivers)

ABIT KT7-RAID motherboard

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

Um, ok, this is 100% reproducible but it has to do with the
appendix
not the binaries.

The "missiles" page is lacking the helpful explanation of the guidance logic that were found on the first pages of Appendix D of BC3K (which luckily I still have in my 3-ring binder).

Are you blind? That was included in the missiles page about four updates ago. The explanation of the logic is right at the TOP of the file.

Now, siddown

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

Send me the saved game

quote:

Originally posted by MerfGlurf:

SC, I have a savegame that I saved immediately after capturing the Storm Carrier (before getting all the way back to Earth; while I was still in Lyrius on my way to Earth), and a savegame that I saved after having dropped off the Storm Carrier at GHQ, immediately after docking with my CC in Earth region; the savegame which lists my AE as dead in tactical.

Dunno. The saved game won't do that because it does NOT alter the stats of you nor your crew.

quote:

The error message I get whenever I try to run any program after quitting BCM has been with me since the gold version and in every version since. (Did I miss something you said?)

Those a symptomatic of driver issues. Update your audio/video drivers and READ the FAQ, especially where is tells you knock down sound/video acceleration a few notches.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmendrick:

OK. Will investigate and get back to you

Fixed this one. The name of the station was incorrect in one of the data files. Download this

2.6MB bcm1002rc9b.zip file and unzip into your install folder.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by chris506:

SC,

Just upgraded to RC9. Have not previously experienced any lockups within the game.

My problem is this, all FP functions/animations work fine until I press run/walk toggle to locked run mode and then press space to do a jump. Whole system locks up forcing re-boot. Have tried this eight times in different locations/circumstances, happens every time. Please investigate....

(is anybody else having this problem?)

OK. Will investigate.

Fix that DAMN sig!!!

Works fine here. In fact, one of the reasons I pulled the first patch was because I discovered a similar problem at the last minute. But it was related to NPCs going into run pose when in float state. So I fixed it and re-uploaded the patch.

You must have downloaded it before that. Anyway, download RC9B above (which also includes that new BCM.EXE file) and try it. If you still have the problem, let me know which character is causing it. But they all work fine here.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

2 problems I had today.

(I'm using RC 9)

Both FP related problems

1. I cannot aim the arm laser as male commander, it just points straight like in the 2nd demo does with marines (i.e. no mouse look.)

2. I was playing on the ground in First person in an insurgent base. I used ALT + S to go to Tacops and give orders to my aircraft that were in the region. I would select the area in Tacops, and it would dump me into First Person instead of letting me use Tacops in the area I was in. First time I've had this happen, but it did it several times. It would let me use tacops in any region in earth, but when I picked the mission zone I was in, it dumped straight to FP mode as if I hit F1.

1. The wristlaser does not work like the second demo. In the second demo, that weapon was an entire arm that was static. In BCM final, it is the actual character mesh. That weapon has NEVER had the up/down pitch that you have in weapons because it is not a separate object like weapons. Because the arm is attached to the mesh, you can't manipulate it. Dunno why you are only noticing this now and reporting it as a bug. Its not a bug and there's nothing that I can do about it at this time. The wristlaser only fires ahead.

2. There have been NO changes to Tacops. It works as designed. Learn how to use it. In fact, I was just using it in fp mode while checking one of the reports above related to run+jump. If you click on your character in Tacops, it will zoom to your character. You need to zoom out.

Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums so don't rain down hell if I'm doing anything wrong.

I've been playing BCM since I got it and its a great game, especially love the freedom. Anyways on to my problem. I notice everytime I try to access the "Miscon" screen the game would crash and go back to my desktop. And another thing is, whiles I'm playing the game maybe between 10-20 min. it would crash back to my desktop.

ok here are my system specs.

Athlon xp 1900

Epox 8kha+ motherboard

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Geforce 2 mx400 (pci)- I have an Agp geforce2 ultra which I lent to a friend so I will be getting that back soon.

Windows Xp pro

Nvidia detonator 23.11

256 ddr ram.

and I'm using 1.0.02 RC9

So thats it. Any help would be appreciated. By the way SC great job you're doing by actually interacting with your gamers. I think thats the coolest part of what you are bring to the gaming community. Maybe others will follow.. hehe.

I hate to post something like this, but I'm out of answers SC. After much RTFM, I finally got into actually playing the game quite a bit I've been bopping around here in there with the different RC's, but finally got a chance to play in depth with RC9. All last night, one CTD after another, with no discernible (sp?) pattern, completely random, often without me even touching the keys and usually 10-15 minutes into the game. Tried both roam/campaign, same result. In frustration, I went back to the official patch version 1 (only after complete reinstallation as to avoid random variables) and have since played hours without any problems. Did a reinstall, installed RC9 and back to CTD, once again without touching anything or doing anything in particular. Went back, reistalled, installed patch 1, no problems. Installed RC9 over the top of patch 1 (thought I'd try it to eliminate another variable), CTD after 10-15 minutes. Here's my dilema SC. I don't know if this is unique to RC9 or was introduced in one of the other RC. The only way I see to solve this is to try other RC's and see which one (if any) introduces the CTD. I'm on a 56k modem and it will be awfully time consuming, but I'd like to try it so I can report back to you which RC is causing the problem. RC9 is the likely culprit as I've never CTD before, but as I said, RC9 is the one I've played the most with. I do feel that I played the other RC long enough to see a CTD, but didn't play for hours to verify. Sorry for the rambling post but I wanted to be as clear as possible. BTW, is there anyway to send a crashlog to you? Perhaps this would be easier? I also recently reinstalled WINXP and all my drivers, so they should be rather clean.

Regards.

quote:

2. There have been NO changes to Tacops. It works as designed. Learn how to use it. In fact, I was just using it in fp mode while checking one of the reports above related to run+jump. If you click on your character in Tacops, it will zoom to your character. You need to zoom out.

What it did to me, it would throw me back to FP view as if I had hit F1, and not when I clicked on my character. I was on the planet in FP mode, so was my CC. I used ALT + S to go to Tacops. I find the mission zone, and select my CC, and it throws me to FP view - outside of Tacops.

I said "okay" and tried it again, this time just clicking in the actual mission zone (not on anybody) and it threw me back to FP view (outside of Tacops)

I was on Earth near an Insurgent base in Africa. I'm gonna try and reproduce it again later, but it did it about 6 or 7 times before. I'm gonna try more.

Oh and thanks for letting me know the Wristlaser was no problem.

quote:

Originally posted by Vindi89:

Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums so don't rain down hell if I'm doing anything wrong.

I've been playing BCM since I got it and its a great game, especially love the freedom. Anyways on to my problem. I notice everytime I try to access the "Miscon" screen the game would crash and go back to my desktop. And another thing is, whiles I'm playing the game maybe between 10-20 min. it would crash back to my desktop.

ok here are my system specs.

Athlon xp 1900

Epox 8kha+ motherboard

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Geforce 2 mx400 (pci)- I have an Agp geforce2 ultra which I lent to a friend so I will be getting that back soon.

Windows Xp pro

Nvidia detonator 23.11

256 ddr ram.

and I'm using 1.0.02 RC9

So thats it. Any help would be appreciated. By the way SC great job you're doing by actually interacting with your gamers. I think thats the coolest part of what you are bring to the gaming community. Maybe others will follow.. hehe.

Hi and welcome

this thread is for confirmed and reproducible issues only. For the kind of stuff you posted, go to the Misc Issues thread and post there.

Anyway, you might need to scrub your install and start from scratch. Then apply the 1.0.02 RC9 patch. For instructions on how to do this, read this.

quote:

Originally posted by actrade:

I hate to post something like this, but I'm out of answers SC. After much RTFM, I finally got into actually playing the game quite a bit I've been bopping around here in there with the different RC's, but finally got a chance to play in depth with RC9. All last night, one CTD after another, with no discernible (sp?) pattern, completely random, often without me even touching the keys and usually 10-15 minutes into the game. Tried both roam/campaign, same result. In frustration, I went back to the official patch version 1 (only after complete reinstallation as to avoid random variables) and have since played hours without any problems. Did a reinstall, installed RC9 and back to CTD, once again without touching anything or doing anything in particular. Went back, reistalled, installed patch 1, no problems. Installed RC9 over the top of patch 1 (thought I'd try it to eliminate another variable), CTD after 10-15 minutes. Here's my dilema SC. I don't know if this is unique to RC9 or was introduced in one of the other RC. The only way I see to solve this is to try other RC's and see which one (if any) introduces the CTD. I'm on a 56k modem and it will be awfully time consuming, but I'd like to try it so I can report back to you which RC is causing the problem. RC9 is the likely culprit as I've never CTD before, but as I said, RC9 is the one I've played the most with. I do feel that I played the other RC long enough to see a CTD, but didn't play for hours to verify. Sorry for the rambling post but I wanted to be as clear as possible. BTW, is there anyway to send a crashlog to you? Perhaps this would be easier? I also recently reinstalled WINXP and all my drivers, so they should be rather clean.

Regards.

What Tac said. Also you also need to ensure that DX 8.1 is installed properly and that your video drivers are DX8 compliant.

Also, depending on when you downloaded 1.0.02 RC9, you may need to download RC9b also. Read previous posts. In fact, if you are not sure, download RC9b anyway and apply ON TOP of RC9. Make sure you unzip it properly!!

Anyway gentle, this is the wrong thread for these kind of posts. I don't want to keep deleting threads and making you guys type it all up again. So, please, both of you (Actrade and Vindi89) type your post again in the Misc Issues II thread where they belong. This thread is only for issues which CAN be reproduced and as such are confirmed problems. Random crashes and lockups which are not common to the game, do not belong in this thread. I can't fix what I can't reproduce. The game is rock solid as it stands. So, anything out of the ordinary, you should start looking at your installation, hardware, drivers etc. Particularly the hardware acceleration tabs of your audio and video cards.

I will delete both of these posts when I come back. This will give you a chance to cut and paste them in the relevant threads.

All further posts of the like in this thread, will be deleted by me or the mods, on sight. We have to keep these threads clean and on-topic or information will be hard to find.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

What it did to me, it would throw me back to FP view as if I had hit F1, and not when I clicked on my character. I was on the planet in FP mode, so was my CC. I used ALT + S to go to Tacops. I find the mission zone, and select my CC, and it throws me to FP view - outside of Tacops.

And rest assured, if you post it again without posting the exact steps you are performing, as well as an explanation as to why YOU think its a bug, I'm going to delete the post. Rules are rules. Learn to abide by them. They are developed for your own benefit and to minimize my time chasing shadows.

Guest dnoyeB!

No issues on my part. I think you have done a good job. I think I'm turning into one of these SC zombies

Anyway, you fixed my issue without me even haveing to get into detailed discussion and a posting frenzy about it.

I docked with some intruders on board and got CTD. You have indicated that you fixed such a problem so Im happy. Lets call this puppy official. Break out the champagne!! Oh wait, its just a patch