Cant install from CD

Guest HongWei

Guest HongWei

I try to install your product and as it's about to copy I get:

Error 1311. Source file not found D:Data1.cab. Verify

that the file exists and you can access it.

I verify this by browsing over to the CD. Sure enough, it works

and I can open the file (even see the contents).

How do I get to this to install?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I've read the FAQ, the boards, looked for patches, and done my homework. If I've missed something, let me know.

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...c;f=26;t=000004

Go to that thread and learn how to create a sig with a link to your machine's profile. It will help the more knowledgable members help you.

Welcome to the forums.

Guest HongWei

Heh, I don't post from the same machine I play on. I also dont see a link "View public profile".

My machine is a P4 2.53Ghz Win XP Pro Radeon 9700 1.5G of RAM.

Does that help?

quote:

Originally posted by Hong:

Heh, I don't post from the same machine I play on. I also dont see a link "View public profile".

Does that help?

No, it does not! You need to register your copy correctly! Follow the step by step instructions Chavik told you. No registration, no support! Oh, and Read This First!

Best regards.

quote:

Does that help?

When you ask for support, the first thing someone does is look at your system specs before offering assistance, suggestions etc. It saves time and cuts down on the clutter. So, you have to

1. ensure that your system profile is correctly filled out (you had to have done it if you've registered your copy of the game.
  2. add this info to your sig before posting on the forum

Anyway if you are having CD problems, clean your CDROM drive or trying copying all files from the CDROM to your HDD and then run the SETUP.EXE from there. If that doesn't work, then you most likely have a bad CDROM (which does happen). In which case, return it to the retailer and get another copy.

Guest HongWei

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

When you ask for support, the first thing someone does is look at your system specs before offering assistance, suggestions etc. It saves time and cuts down on the clutter.

As my system specs did not logically appear to be valuable in solving a simple "cant read the CD" problem (other than the OS version), I figured this level of automatic anality was unnecessary and someone could just provide an answer relating to the CDROM subsystem I have. I was hoping for something insightful on either the install process or "copy protection" you claimed you use in another thread. I will not use a rogue software crack program (as one of you suggested as a solution to a can't install problem) as a matter of ethics and safety.

quote:

Anyway if you are having CD problems, clean your CDROM drive or trying copying all files from the CDROM to your HDD and then run the SETUP.EXE from there. If that doesn't work, then you most likely have a bad CDROM (which does happen). In which case, return it to the retailer and get another copy.

I will try to install using your suggestion. Thanks.

Oh, and about registration.

I appreciate the business reality of marketeers wanting my address and things to "send me stuff I might be interested in", but no other game that I know or play asks for my private and personal information as a prerequisite for being able to play the game that I bought.

I do appreciate the answers you have given me, and I hope I'll be able to play without having to divulge this information. =)

quote:

I appreciate the business reality of marketeers wanting my address and things to "send me stuff I might be interested in", but no other game that I know or play asks for my private and personal information as a prerequisite for being able to play the game that I bought.

I do appreciate the answers you have given me, and I hope I'll be able to play without having to divulge this information. =)

Nobody needs your information for marketing. Your system configuration is not considered that sort of personal information. And since I'm not in the mood to debate this, you have been banned from the forum. Since you don't need to post in order to get tech support, you shouldn't feel so bad about it. We have rules here and NOBODY is exempt.

Thanks for stopping by.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by GhengisX:

over?

He was disrespectful, didn't want to follow forum rules, and just plain had a bad attitude. That's why I would have banned him. I can't speak for Derek though he may have had other reasons. Regardless its his board and he can do whatever he likes period.