French keyboard & Match Designated Target Speed

Guest jascatar

Guest jascatar

I can't use the match speed fonction because the key combination is not usable (shift + ').

Is there a solution ?

*subject revised*

[ 06-30-2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably not the place to post this thread.

Try one of the game discussion forums appropriate for the product you purchased. Also try to do a search on the subject. The info in there is exhaustive and chances are someone had a similar question. Good luck!

Guest jascatar

In the manual it is written :

QUOTE :

"MATCH CURRENT TARGET'S SPEED SHIFT+`"

So, what about SHIFD + d ???? Nothing in the manual about that .....

Are you really sure ?

I will test it now

quote:

Originally posted by jascatar:

QUOTE :

What manual? What game? What page?

The match target speed is D (not SHIFT+D, just d). And its on the keycard

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

QUOTE :

What manual? What game? What page?

The match target speed is D (not SHIFT+D, just d). And its on the keycard

That's what I get with going from memory...I just do it automatically.

Guest jascatar

I don't thing that this fonction work ...

matching speed is : your speed = target speed ... yes ? No ?

I see a "M" that appear, but I don't see any speed that match .... i've simply tryed on an ODS, and speed doesn't match with his speed.

Is that working only for moving space or air craft ?

I have the same problem, but could it be because I am using a throttle instead of mouse/keyboard flight? This is the joystick I am using. Either way, I'm not too worried about it. As MTS is convvenient, I find dogfights more exciting when I have to adjust speed and pitch manually per Falcon 4.0.

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

I have the same problem, but could it be because I am using a throttle instead of mouse/keyboard flight?
This
is the joystick I am using. Either way, I'm not too worried about it. As MTS is convvenient, I find dogfights more exciting when I have to adjust speed and pitch manually per Falcon 4.0.

It works just fine, regardless of the controller you are using.

quote:

I don't thing that this fonction work ...

matching speed is : your speed = target speed ... yes ? No ?

Didn't I ask you some questions? Were you planning on answering or did you want me to repeat myself? If the manual is incorrect, I need to correct it. So, I need the information I asked you for please.

Guest jascatar

I don't have tested the feature on moving target now, only on orbiting target such as ODS and starstations, and this not work at this time on "BCMG" (KEY "D"). CQFD.

I will test it on moving target soon.

According to the Key card:

TACSCAN COMPUTER

Match Designated Target's Speed: D

TACTICAL OPERATION SYSTEMS

Increase/Decrease PTA Intensity: Shift+'/Shift+;

FIRST PERSON MODE

Jetpack Roll Left/Right(Space Only): Shift+A/Shift+D

The manual seems fine on these also. Although I have not paid much attention to the keys in the manual. I've only used it to get more indept detail on each particular system and any other pertinent information I can (other than key commands). As I do with most of my sim games I rely mainly on the keycard until the keys become second nature.

[ 06-30-2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, if I come back tonite and don't find an answer to my question, I'm restricting your ability to post. I don't have time for foolishness.

Yeah reading thru this thread he does seem to be kinda ignoring ya. Anyway, if you want to see a french keyboard go here http://www.datacal.com/dce/catalog/french-keyboards_l.htm alot of different key placements than the american keyboard. But D seems to be in the same place so I'm assuming the ascii keycode mapping is the same. Actually, the whole keyboard might have the same ascii keymapping just with different key labels on some.

[ 06-30-2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

...if you want to see a french keyboard go here
alot of different key placements than the american keyboard....

Damn, everyone's always trying to be different than the U.S.

(Sorry, I am such a hater)

[ 07-01-2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: aggressor27 ]

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

...if you want to see a french keyboard go here
alot of different key placements than the american keyboard....

Damn, everyone's always trying to be different than the U.S.

(Sorry, I am such a hater)

Nah, it's just that they don't know how to do things the right way.

Guest jascatar

ok, i have just seen that the manual posted on the web site is different than the BCMG manual. Sorry for that

(i don't like manuals, only pdf file because searching is MUCH faster)

Sorry for the mistake. U can remove this post

quote:

ok, i have just seen that the manual posted on the web site is different than the BCMG manual. Sorry for that

(i don't like manuals, only pdf file because searching is MUCH faster)

Sorry for the mistake. U can remove this post

What PDF manual? And where exactly did you get a PDF manual for the game?

Guest jascatar

This manual : http://www.3000ad.com/downloads/bc3k/bc3kmanual.exe

I propose me to convert (for free) any pdf doc in html format with great browsing tree and perhaps a reliable javascript search engine, if that was not done at this time (tips & trics can be added).

I would be very happy to do it

This would saving time to search most important references for non US players, in particular for those which like me, are lost and that have many difficulties to find itself there in this heavy US documentation !

You cannot imagine you has which point it is difficult for a foreigner ! (imagine YOU reading a heavy French manual !)

ok, I thus will manage by my own means and without posting, to arrive has to find the references which I miss. Sorry for the disturbance

Derek, a long time ago I got pissed off at you and I wrote a post asking something along the lines of "Why the hell are you so mean to newbies asking newbie questions?"

After reading this thread completly several times, and downloading and looking at the PDF file he was seeing JUST TO MAKE SURE it was what I thought I have to say that I COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND YOU.

Good point Tyrn. My bad.

quote:

This manual :

I figured as much, that's the manual for BC3000 which is the precursor to BCM and BCMG.

Relax Bandus. I mean look at it from jascatar's point of view: What if BCMG were written and supported only in French? The fact that jascatar is being so persistent is proof that the game is indeed for him. If he were trashing the game, which he isn't at all, then I would agree.

quote:

Jascatar, with all due respect. Put the game back in the box, reseal it, return it to the store....I don't think it's for you.

Nah, I think thats a little harsh. He seems genuinely enthusiastic about the game. Plus you have a little language barrier going on here, perhaps.

Jascatar, in my opinion, you should just play more and post less.

Yeah, I really did forget about the fact that Jascatar is French. Sorry about that, bud. But seriously, that seems like a mistake of just not reading. I mean, in the PDF files even if the title of the game wasn't written there are dates from 1998 in there. That should probably set off at least one or two warning bells?