System Damage (for no reason)

Viper2000

Im in day two of my massive invasion and it seems that im at a stand still, reason being because I keep taking damage for no reason. All of the damage has been happening on deck 1. Right now the bridgeviewer before it was the life support systems. The odd thing is that it does not register in the hud screen and the damages never exceed 50%.

Iv checked my cargo and the only thing I can think of that is doing it is my artifacts. The really odd thing is when I didnt have any of the artifacts I went and bought a shield upgrade and up untill i installed the new shield I took the same kind of damage same systems and everything.

This is causing quiet a big problem for me and im just looking to see if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it because up untill I figure it out im staying put.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry SC for posting there I guess this is a newbie question. I assure u it wont happen again.

Anyway I think it may be becasue the RO has to study the artifacts and if im not mistaken the RO station is on deck 1 and maybe whatever she does causes damage. I just find it odd that when I didnt have any artifacts on board I still took damage but only when I had an upgrade in my cargo and untill I installed it I took damage to all the same systems.

I know the damage is not from me upgrading because everytime they finish repairs it goes back to 50% again and I dont think there is an upgrade for the bridge anyway.

I notice iv lost afew things that I had in my cargo bays all of which were artifacts. Its probly from the inturders iv had on board but I watch them pretty closly and they never go to the cargo bays and they never escape my ship.

I just need to know if having artifacts in my cargo bay whould casue this because I dont wanna get rid of them till im sure and im not going to keep up with my invasion till i can fix it.

SC's right, there wa something in the manual about volatile materials. I sort of skipped over the part, so i'd just say to be sure that:

1. No intruders are on board

2. You didn't buy anything that could be causing any damage. As far as my experience goes, no weapons or artifacts that are on my ship ever caused me damage. Check cargo items, illegal items, and minerals.

Guest Grayfox

certain materials/minerals when mixed or combined or stored in the same area, will cause explosions or seriously damage your ship.

the manual goes over it a little bit (ie: certain minerals will release radiation through your ship) but you gotta think. certain elements you would never mix xause of their volatility... same rule applies here, and the thing is you never know which ones not to mix until its too late

just a possible explanation...

quote:

the manual goes over it a little bit (ie: certain minerals will release radiation through your ship) but you gotta think. certain elements you would never mix xause of their volatility... same rule applies here, and the thing is you never know which ones not to mix until its too late

*imagines the SC hunched over a chemistry book finding out which material combos cause huge explosions and laughing like an evil maniac*

Well I just checked it and iv got nothing but the bare essetials in my cargo and if you say the artifacts don't do it then im stumped.

Is it possible that there is some sorta glitch or bug that could be causeing this or am I just overlooking something?

Well I'm new around here but I have one possable idea. You could have sc or someone familiar to programming take a look at your game. Ask someone if they can look at it and give you there email Im sure that will help alot more then just trying to explain it

Glitch or bug? Blasphemy you say!

Actually, think you can tell us all your cargo? Even if nobody else wants to know, I'd kinda like to know what others have....

Wait, you did check your shuttles and make sure nothing is on them or in the mining drones, right? Wait, wouldnt the shuttle take damage too?

I'm confused.

I had something like that where some time after i got few artifacts my main comp. would go down to 50% and every time i repaired it, it would drop back to 50% so it was in prepetual state of repair.

I couldnt figure out how to reproduce it or what exactly was causing it.

In my case it would show up after i got 2-3 artifacts and docked and left specific station.

But it wouldnt happen every time.

I tried to reproduce it for several days but couldnt get it to show up every time, so i droped it as an anomaly in my system.

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

I think I know what this is: have you used playmod? because after about 20 mins with playmod (upgrade all officers) my bridge get damaged 50% and random systems get damaged, my explination: the officers order upgrades on the systems?

Each time a major system is being upgraded, the integrity of the main system will be degraded. This is covered in the manual and in the VCF See section 1.0.05 RC1 and FYI section item #3

Well thanks everybody but I think baloogan has it. I did use the playmod to get some things the crews ai upgrade was one of em and all artifacts was the other. Im going to try and stop the problem im having by ejecting or selling all of the artifacts I have and see if that fixes it if not then ill just start a new game. O and for some reason or anothor the artifacts arent working right. When artifacts are done being studied and are ready for use do I have to install them? I know I don't have to install the cyborg or the orb but do I have to install the shield and the reactor because I can't and just recently I lost my NAV artifact which was working for awhile but then it was just gone. That playmod has some odd effects on my game and im sorry I ever used it. I should have listened to SCs warnings and all of the users in the forums who told me not to.

Iv sold all my artifacts and im still having troble. I guess it doesnt matter I mean the bridge has been damaged alot before and as if right now its not hurting anything so im gonna just leave it and continue unless someone knows how to fix it.

quote:

Originally posted by Viper2000:

Iv sold all my artifacts and im still having troble. I guess it doesnt matter I mean the bridge has been damaged alot before and as if right now its not hurting anything so im gonna just leave it and continue unless someone knows how to fix it.

There's nothing TO fix.

And posting a problem with a version of the game that you have tinkered with using Playmod, is definitely your problem.

Guest MIKE113

I have never used playmod or any cheat and I have had the same problem on several different systems.

I have found that eventually it will straighten itself out.

The game I am playing now did it with the Comms System. It would go to 50% and I would send engineers to fix it. Shortly after it was fixed to 100% it would go to 50%. After about 5 times I just let it stay damaged at about 90% and let it go for about 5 minutes.

I docked at a station and repaired it and it is OK now.

Thats what happens to me, eventually it repairs to 100% and stays.

It is a strange Universe out there.

Besides, I think that random system damage should be par for the score. No ship I know of goes without some kind of mechianical difficulty all the time. So, a system failure here and there shouldn't be anything to really worry about. Unless of course, you're in the middle of a fight with a Stormcarrier and your IOD goes out. ;-)

Nah i never used playmod, and if i did i wouldnt post a problem, i know its unsupported.

And by the looks of it only few ppl had that problem, so it's minor anomaly and it doesnt hinder your gameplay greatly or at all, so there is nothing to it.