Recurrent CTD with a saved game

Guest BlackHole

Guest BlackHole

High, i've got a strange problem with a saved game:

I'm located in Tyrus2 region and i've deployed several fighter for SAD, when i order them to return to base, the first 2 fighters returned well but after the game CTD. I've tried on several machine it's the same thing.

Version of BCMG V1.01.01 from 12/12/2003

For SC: I've searched on forum archive for the thread to add the system profile but can't find it. And : very great game it offered all what i waited since a long time

Guest BlackHole

Thank's for your reply SC

In fact the game runs very fine until i order to the fighter to come back, fighters start to return and then crash to desktop.

To patch the game, i've followed the guide: install the game and then put the patch in the same directory and run it => all works fine

It's the second time that it happens to me. I patrol on the tyrus sector and launch all my fighters. I'l going to do some tests: change sector then call back fighters, retrieve an old saved game, continue and give yu more details.

i repeat: thanks for this great game SC and all your team

Guest BlackHole

Sorry, i've forget: the saved game was realised with the same version 1.01.01 of 12/12/2003.

I've verified the size of the patch as described in a thread => it's ok

Guest BlackHole

One question: when a new patch of bcmg is installed, must we begin a new carreer ? Because i've bought bcmg, then play then problem with restore some game => patch 1.01.01 RC7 correct it if i remember well but i've not began a new carreer, i've just restore the saved game and continued played with no problem .

Guest BlackHole

Another question: Does the fps depend on the evolution of the scenario ?

I explain, i've decided to start a new carreer and when launched from the station,i can see fps of 135 rather than 50 fps before (after 4 days in game played)!!!

Since i played bcmg (sept 2003) i've never started a new carreer, i didn't want to loose my crew experience. If the answer to my question is no, then i supposed my saved game was very corrupted!!

An other thing, when i started to play bcmg, i was running 98se, so i decided to change os with XP but keep the saved game from bcmg

Guest BlackHole

OK thanks a lot SC for your reply, so my saved game was badly corrupted. I've began a new career, lost all my crew experience but it's nothing, i'm very happy to own such a game. Very long night in perspective with this game. For now i will earn lot of money to upgrade my CC and to roam the entire galaxy hehehehe!!