Support Craft on moons re-enter space near Planets.

Gol_Stoan

I would like to thank Pugwash for showing us noobs the proper format for this.

OPERATING SYSTEM: WinXP

OS ENVIRONMENT: 1024/768 32bit color

GAME ENVIRONMENT: 1024/768 32bit textures(I think)

GAME VERSION: BCMG 1.01.01 my CD has a seal that says that it is the Gamestop Special Edition version with a bonus 15 mission campaign

GAME TYPE: roam

CAREER/RACE/CASTE: cmdr/ter/mil

ASSET/LAUNCH BASE: BCMK3/Galcom HQ)

PROBLEM

Any support craft capable of spaceflight piloted by ai without the player AE onboard will exit the atmosphere of a moon and appear in space at the local planet instead of the moon.

TO REPRODUCE

1. Start a new game with the parameters as above.

2. Leave Galcom and fly to the moon

3. Go to tacops and set three waypoints on the surface of the moon for FC1.

4. Making sure that the player AE is on the CC, launch FC1 and immediatly switch to tacops and focus on it.

5. Watch FC1 throughout its flightpath until it docks with the CC from tacops, and be amazed.

This can be tried with shuttles as well, it has worked on every moon I have tried it on.

Edit by Pugwash:Title changed.

[ 01-25-2004, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

You are getting better. Your thread title stinks though.

PROBLEM

Verbose but decent description. Much better would have been; "while viewing Tacops, support craft appear to enter space at the main planet in the region instead of the moon they were assigned to." And even that may not be good enough.

REPRODUCE

1: May be abbreviated as SNG (One of the very few abbreviations allowed)

2: SNG implies that you have logged out and launched (left) Galcom . And then Ouch, fly what to the moon? I'm serious.

3: Decent

4: Decent

5: Very poor. "Be amazed" says nothing. Your last step should reinforce your problem.

I'm not being mean (I hope). Derek has me upside the head so many times it isn't even funny.

If you're gonna report something you gotta be super super duper anal retentive about the format. I myself still screw up. Rest assured Derek can filter out what he doesn't need.

[ 01-25-2004, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: Cmdr Chavik ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gol_Stoan:

I would like to thank Pugwash for showing us noobs the proper format for this.

OK, thats better. I'm sure one of the guys will look into it and report back to me. I remember that something like this was reported a while back, but I couldn't reproduce it. And since its not destructive, it probably got dropped.

• 10 months later...

hi there,

i have nearly the same problem here.

but here it happend with my AE on the craft wich landed on the moon.

now my AE is trapped on jupiter in a shuttle and isn't able to leave the planet.i re-enter jupiter in a loop.

btw: the landing and take-off zone was on moon europe.

i have gameversion 1.01.06