can not see mining drones anymore

BIG BEN

hello,

I have 4 mining drones on earth and after updating my video driver I can not see them any more in the TACOPS menu support units

I made a new games an put some 2 drone on earth and here I can see them.

When your update you video driver or any other driver the saved games are still valid?

Before I had de driver 4.13.1.2942 and now

the 4.14.1.4523

Yes I know I should hace search the forum but there is something wrong with this search result here.

click on this link and then on the first topic.

http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cg...965-065735-XT2V

This is not urgent and I just want to know why.

Hi Benny,

have you tried to find the drones visualy via the 3d planetary view? (by panning the cam to horizon level and rotate)

I don┬┤t think its the savegame, because it would not load it when its not valid.

I┬┤ve noticed some display errors (HUD) for myself, somtimes when i have loaded a game too many times. Maybe its a bug ?

And you have a proof that these drones are still down there? Not destroyed or so?

(TACTICAL / LOADOUT / SC / DRONES)

Well... you can always send your shuttles down with the extract drone order.....then you'll have them on board agin ready for another deployement....

If the shuttles fail to find the drones they're probably lost or destroyed.... then go to a station and buy replacements.... if you can you'll be sure that your drones are no more; else try again to make your shuttles find them..

Have you tried this:

1. Go to tacops

2. Zoom to planet where the drones are located

3. Observe planet

4. Zoom to support units -> mining drones should show up.

For this to work either your CC have to be in the same region as your mining drones

or...

if your AE is flying the shuttle, the shuttle has to be in orbit around the planet your mining drones are located.

Thanks for answering

quote:

added by BuzzDee

And you have a proof that these drones are still down there? Not destroyed or so?

(TACTICAL / LOADOUT / SC / DRONES)

Yes they are 100% full and I can not see them

quote:

added by dannymalla

Well... you can always send your shuttles down with the extract drone order.....then you'll have them on board agin ready for another deployement....

If the shuttles fail to find the drones they're probably lost or destroyed.... then go to a station and buy replacements.... if you can you'll be sure that your drones are no more; else try again to make your shuttles find them..

Because I could not see them I did not send my shuttle down,but in LOADAOUT they not onboard and full of ore, but I will try it.

The other units enemy and friendly I can see.

quote:

added by Vixef

Have you tried this:

1. Go to tacops

2. Zoom to planet where the drones are located

3. Observe planet

4. Zoom to support units -> mining drones should show up.

For this to work either your CC have to be in the same region as your mining drones

If you read my topic again, the problem is in one savegame i can not see the suppor units on Earth and in the other savegame(new game) I can see them.

Thanks

Question : is there a problem with the search engine?

In the search option SEARCH WORDS I put : SUPPORT UNITS

When you get the result of that one I can see that

1) my topic is two times there

2) and the topic from 15 october when you click on it you get something else.

quote:

If the shuttles fail to find the drones they're probably lost or destroyed.... then go to a station and buy replacements....

This is good advise. You may not be able to see them in tacops, but your shuttles will find them.

Thanks Spindoktor.... I was about to clarify the point....

TO BENNY:

As Spindoktor said.... the shuttles will find their way to the minig drones..... just send them down and wait....

TO:dannymala,

Thanks that is working I can extract my drone this way, but they are still not visible after i deploy them again, even i can not see my shuttle. All the SUPPORT UNITS are invisible on planet.

Thanks

PS. I'm using windows ME and sometimes I get that %^&^%$^#^ blue screen with ERROR (0E)...... problem in kmixer.sys.

Had somebody else this problem and what's the solution.

I'm looking in google and microsoft but 0% result.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by benny:

TO:dannymala,

I have. Shuttles and drones would not show up. My CC would disappear too. Video drivers were the culprit. I either installed latest ones or downgraded or something - can't remember exactly. I just know it was my drivers.

quote:

Originally posted by BuzzDee:

Maybe its a bug ?

'Tis no such thing. As I understand it, BCM is telling the video card to draw something and the drivers of that video card don't know what to do with the request. Some rich slob in a tie had to leave early that day or something....

quote:

PS. I'm using windows ME and sometimes I get that %^&^%$^#^ blue screen with ERROR (0E)...... problem in kmixer.sys.

I'm looking in google and microsoft but 0% result.

Well at last I found the solution in the Microsoft KB, if somebody else has this problem the Solution is a hotfix Q316638.

quote:

question add by SC

so, uhm, how does a sound fix relate to your not being able to see your support units on the planet? I'm so confuse

Sorry nothing, I should have open a new topic, but because I could not find anything I just added it there.

And yes I in one saved game its inpossible to see the supports units, but only on a planet. this is not important for the moment, first UC.

Thanks and Sorry

Sorry again