Misc Issues

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Count_Sessine:

Ok, I found a solution to the problem: it's a driver problem. I tried installing Det 22.80 and they work, no jagged edges, but with a variable framerate hit. Next I'll (re) try the 21.83 drivers.

You must be drinking. Why would you go from 2280 to 2183? When in fact, 2311 are the latest drivers we're all using?

*sigh*

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

uhm, read what I wrote again. You said were going to 21.83. If 22.80 works for you, why would you go to 21.83?

Ah, right Sorry about that, commander, right, supreme commander. I really have to quit drinking

That's Supreme Cmdr to you

TTFN

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Count_Sessine ]

I have found something that may need a looksee...it could be a bug or it could be a driver issue..I truly don't know so I thought I would mention it. I was using the 23.11 drivers and they really messed up my colors so I changed back to 12.41 drivers for now until I can dload some others...it seems the 22.80 drivers are a favorite..we shall see..anyway..here it is.

I started a INS at Sygan and went to Moon 2 and set out 4 miners first thing..then continued to do other things while they filled up...but every time I check on their status by picking a SC - drone in the tactical loadout screen, one of the info lines gets cut in half after about 10 sec or so...its the red Drone not loaded line right above the Condition Green date time info line at the lower right corner..it did it with the 23.11 and the 12.41 drivers...so thats why I thought maybe its not a driver issue..perhaps you can duplicate this problem...if not..then it has to be my system..I'm going to try some other drivers till I find the latest ones that work to my satisfaction..may just fix everything....trons are strange creatures and have a mind of their own sometimes.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Gregorio ]

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Gregorio ]

Alrighty, I guess I'm going to take my life in my hands and report a little graphical oddity I think I may have found. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, and I only now noticed it with RC9 of the new patch. I've noticed that entire pieces of the shuttle model (only on the shuttle mk2) completely vanish. Usually it's the main "cabin" section of the model (the biggest part), although sometimes one of the rear "wings" will vanish too.

Now, I suppose this could be a driver issue - but since I'm using the latest drivers for every bit of hardware on my system and haven't experienced even the most insignificant problems in BCM since playing it on Windows 2000 it wasn't really my first thought. It seems to occur at least once every game regardless of graphic preferences in the game or whether my video card/cpu is overclocked.

I can send you a screenshot if you need to see what I mean. Thanks,

That used to happen to me alot, too. It always seemd to coincide with the (now fixed ) persistent damage fx thingy. Since that's been remedied, I've only lost pieces of my shuttles twice (mk2 and mk3). One time was after undocking with a space station (don't remember which)... can't remember the other...

Not too helpful, info wise, but just to say that someone else has experienced this...

When I destroy a spacestation it is replaced by a frame of a new station. Thats all fine and good but the black spaces between the metal beams aren't transparent. I looked at the screen shothere and noticed the same effect only the black space is transparent. A cool effect, but i don't see it. Any ideas why not? I'm using directX8.1 and the nvidia 23.11 drivers. I also have the newest AIV4in1 divers and MP7.1.

BTW

I still don't see any of the AVI fx other then the intro, worm holes and such. I think this might be related.

SC I get that same "problem".I didn't realize it was supposed to be see through, but it never was for me.

This problem was still there with 22.80. I recently did a fresh install and first used the 22.80 and had the same problem. The 23.11's gave me the same thing.

Here is what it looks like

I'm going to play around with video settings. [What are your current settings that get it to look right?]Fast writes and Side band addressing are curretly disabled on my system. I'll play around with video settings more and see.

Just wanted to let you know that JelloKing wasn't the only one with this.

Cheers!

--

I got my Ned versions all messed up. Don't know why I was still tinking in the 12.XX. Maybe it was that twelve-pack I had

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

SC I get that same "problem".I didn't realize it was supposed to be see through, but it never was for me.

This problem was still there with 12.80. I recently did a fresh install and first used the 12.80 and had the same problem. The 12.83's gave me the same thing.

I'm going to play around with video settings. [What are your current settings that get it to look right?]Fast writes and Side band addressing are curretly disabled on my system. I'll play around with video settings more and see.

Just wanted to let you know that JelloKing wasn't the only one with this.

Cheers!

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]

Having the same problem here. I also didn't realize that they were supposed to be transparent. Just as a FYI for everyone else with the problem - so far it hasn't changed on any driver I've installed. So I'm not quite sure what the problem is...

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

They should look exactly as you see them in that shot. If they are not, then the card driver's alpha blending is screwed. Nothing I can do about it. On my GF3 with the 2311 drivers, I get the same problem. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone using other GF cards and drivers have this problem, so that I can report it to nVidia.

I will look into it tomorrow and see if I can come up with something that works.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest dnoyeB!

I have not yet had that problem but I have not run the latest editions of BCM yet. Only the first 2 so far.

Possibly its not the card drivers but BCM. Is there any char damage from explosions and such stored in BCM perhaps it got too heavy?

Anyway my specs

GF2Ti (2311) agp4x

VIA KT266A (shuttle ak31 v31)

tbird 800

dx8.1

4in1 v 4.35 (4.36 locks me up real quickly)

quote:

Originally posted by dnoyeB!:

Possibly its not the card drivers but BCM. Is there any char damage from explosions and such stored in BCM perhaps it got too heavy?

Anyway my specs

GF2Ti (2311) agp4x

VIA KT266A (shuttle ak31 v31)

tbird 800

dx8.1

4in1 v 4.35 (4.36 locks me up real quickly)

Haven't I warned you about wanton foolish speculations? Now siddown

And what do you mean by you are running the first two? First two of what?

quote:

Originally posted by Barron Morris:

Aye SC, I have the bloomin problem me self.

Asus 7700 G Force2 GTS pure 2311 drivers sir.

Am on it. In fact, in a flurry of email exchanges with Cem (my dev support advisor over at nVidia) he says

Hmmm...this certainly looks like it should work (the code looks correct).

I'll investigate this and get back to you.

Then I tried something which bypasses the driver setting and told him that it worked but thats not how it should be. Then he said

Well, it may have been relying on a default of some sort that's now

different in the driver. Or, more likely, current drivers may be more

aggressive with disabling alpha blending if it's not explicitly on or wasn't

used recently or some such weird case (since it costs performance). Should

never be sacrificing correctness, of course.

No way to know for sure,really.

Anyway, I will wait for more info from them so that I don't have to use the method I just hacked. It used to work just fine, then it stopped working. And I haven't touched that piece of rendering code for almost eight months.

btw, the SFM is using the wrong jetpack model. He seems to be using the planetary jetpack3 model used by the commander when on the planet. Thats why the offset is wrong and it appears incorrectly rendered. Nothing major, but its fixed now.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Securis:

I have an ATI rage pro 128 32meg card and when i get into the game play itself the HUD is all flickering and jumping around, but yet the tactical computer and menus like that are fine, what is the solution?

I'm using that card with no problems but can't help you until I know what your system is. Follow all the directions in this thread so we can help you out.

Hi

I cannot see the PAD firing when I'm in the Foreward view (F1). However, no graphical problems in the Tactical view (F9). I only experienced this with the PAD the IOD works just fine.

Thanks for your help.

quote:

Originally posted by Anthea:

Hi

I cannot see the PAD firing when I'm in the Foreward view (F1). However, no graphical problems in the Tactical view (F9). I only experienced this with the PAD the IOD works just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Indicating which ship you are in, would be a start. Depending on where the main guns are located on the model, you may not see the Pad (assuming you actually *have* installed and working) in the forward view.