Misc Issues

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 22.70's are out, there pretty big around 5mb, they also apear to be radicly difreant from previous drivers.

note: does not work with geforce2 gts cards.

win9x http://www.1a-micro.fr/download/Detonator2770-Win9x-me.rar

winxp/2k/nt5 http://www.1a-micro.fr/download/Detonator2770-Win2K_XP.rar

If you use Nv refreah rate fix, to get the drivers to operate above 60khz in games you can get a file which adds compatability for that here.

http://home.t-online.de/home/cdoetzer/file...xp_2770_fix.zip

I get 70fps in bcm with thes drivers, bcm is also stable as a rock.

[ 03-01-2002, 03:40: Message edited by: xierxior ]

Before BCM, I had the 23.11's installed. As reported by others on the forum, I too had problems but good fps. Then installed the 27.51's, problems still remained but image and effect quality was better. Now, 27.42's are installed and BCM runs fine, image quality and effects are great, FPS has dropped though.

Xierxior, 70 fps is good, I'm curious what options you have enabled and what res your using.

Thanks

I have hercules geforce2mx 32mb running at 2x agp.

The game runs at 800x600 all textures effects set to 32bit and bitmap effects, if I run it at 1024x768 32bit I get 15/27 fps ... if I run it at 640x480 32bit I get 80/90 fps, if you use win2k/xp you could make a batch file and add this to get better performance.

echo off

start /abovenormal bcm.exe

or this, makes the game run unstable tho..

start /high bcm.exe

SC, you worked with the 27.70 drivers a lot yet?

Upon suggestion from Gallion, I went hunting for the latest and greatest NVidia Det drivers, even though my vid card is kinda old. Warp2search.net has shown me an INF fix for 27.70 drivers (dated feb 13) here so that they (allegedly) work on all Nvidia cards. Now, I have a GF2 GTS myself, an old beast, as you could also see if you had the positive energy enough to click on my profile link and scroll, so it's not listed there in the original driver INF. But it works. And I can get lightning FPS at max resolution.

Oddly enough, the max resolution for me (1280x1024) doesn't show up anymore in BCM's Configuration, but I dealt with that problem by keeping my desktop to 1280x1024 and changing the bcmconfig.ini file in the BCM directory (oh, I can just see it coming -- be CAREFUL with that thing, and hell no your poor arse ain't covered in the EUA if you screw it up) to reflect 1280x1024 (type CAREFULLY). Now, that resolution won't show up (it changes back, so if you hit Save, it'll flick back), so you gotta make what changes you want in the game's own configuration (all those effects were what I enabled after the new driver installed) within the game first, and change the resolution last of all from Windows, assuming that you want that high resolution, which is more than feasible even with my slow-poke 733 and these new drivers.

In that URL I posted above, there is outright listed a Win9x/ME INF fix, but if you scroll to the discussion below, you'll see that someone has posted a similar INF fix for Win2K/XP.

Have fun.

Bowemeth

[ 03-03-2002, 17:19: Message edited by: Bowemeth ]

Bowemeth, didnt you read my post about the 22.70's they dont work with the gf2 gts.

Even if you did get them to work your going to have problems the nvfs.ini file doesnt contain the information requird to install the gts correctly.

They work for.

Geforce2 MX all models

Geofrce2 ultra

Geforce3 ti200 ti500

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the problem of flashing terrain textures. Is there any driver setting for the Radeon 8500 that can alleviate this problem. I currently have one layer of detail textures disabled through the use of the -nd1 command line option. This solves the problem of flashing textures for me but I would like to find a driver set for ATI that works with them. As it says in my profile I am currently using the 6015 WHQL drivers. I have also tried 6025 beta, and 6052 beta to no avail. Have any other Radeon users had any luck with this? Or am I stuck waiting for drivers?

Those problems went away almost three months ago and I never have to use ANY commandline parameters; especially on the 7500 or 8500 cards.

Check the thread I just opened

[ 03-22-2002, 07:47: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pasha2

So um... can I try again SC? I have a problem with BCM and i dont know how to resolve it?

Game keeps on freezing after i load/restore it?

i have:

Intel Celeron

916 MB ram

NVidia GeForce2 mx (27.42)

64 MB video card

SoundBlaster Audio PCI 16 version 5.12.1.2065

IntellEye Mouse version 4.0.0.657

Windows 2000

DX 8.1

Thanks for any help ive been tryign to resolve this for three weeks. Sorry about my registration profile i cant change it i forgot my login names. Im not here to flame or disrupt anything i just want help with my problem and i hope to be playign BCM very soon with no trouble. Thank you.

[ 04-02-2002, 13:54: Message edited by: PashaKatanya ]

quote:

Originally posted by PashaKatanya:

[QB]So um... can I try again SC? I have a problem with BCM and i dont know how to resolve it?

Game keeps on freezing after i load/restore it?

Read the faq. Also check the forum archives for a post which shows you have to start from scratch.

quote:

Sorry about my registration profile i cant change it i forgot my login names.

Your registration login info is your first, last name and CDKEY. Don't you have that info?

Guest Pasha2

No, I used a fake name a long time ago to register(i dont give out my real name on the net), i tried re-registering but my CD key wont be accepted.

Thanks for the help SC im going to check out the forum archives right now, so my freezing after loading thing is a problem because of me not patching correctly?

==================================================

I just looked up how to start from scratch in the archive im about to start BCM cuz i uninstalled and patched up right now, but right now i have the 27.42 driver do i have to get the 22.80 driver for my Nvidia card? thx

[ 04-02-2002, 17:55: Message edited by: PashaKatanya ]

Guest Pasha2

Problem still persists, i reinstalled BCM by following the start from scratch procedure and then patched it up from the BCM directory and ran the game, i did not touch anything in the configuration at all, just ckicked on NEW then started to play a new game. I saved once hit restore and it was fine i was flyign around for a little while saved once more, then hit restore and flew around a bit towards an asteroid, and saved a third time, but this time to a different slot, hit restore and the game froze almost immediately, i dont think it would matter to what slot I store the game in right? It still should not freeze like that? Correct? Thank you for your assistance ill be waiting for a reply, could this be a video card problem?.( I read the FAQ and i cant figure out whats wrong).

Intel Celeron

916 MB ram

NVidia GeForce2 mx (27.42)

64 MB video card

SoundBlaster Audio PCI 16 version 5.12.1.2065

IntellEye Mouse version 4.0.0.657

Windows 2000

DX 8.1

Windows Media Player 7.1

[ 04-02-2002, 18:11: Message edited by: PashaKatanya ]

quote:

No, I used a fake name a long time ago to register(i dont give out my real name on the net), i tried re-registering but my CD key wont be accepted.

Send your real name and CDKEY to [email protected] and we'll dig up your fake name details.

Until then, your posting priviledges have been suspended. Rules are rules. No exceptions.

quote:

Problem still persists, i reinstalled BCM by following the start from scratch procedure and then patched it up from the BCM directory and ran the game, i did not touch anything in the configuration at all, just ckicked on NEW then started to play a new game. I saved once hit restore and it was fine i was flyign around for a little while saved once more, then hit restore and flew around a bit towards an asteroid, and saved a third time, but this time to a different slot, hit restore and the game froze almost immediately, i dont think it would matter to what slot I store the game in right? It still should not freeze like that? Correct?

This has been covered in great detail here. Posting the same repetitive stuff is not going to solve it.

Upgrade your video/audio drivers, lower your card acceleration etc etc. ALL OF THIS IS COVERED IN THE FAQ AND IN THESE FORUMS.

Hi all, just to say if you have an nvidia display card, don't use the detonators 28.32, because they are crappy and buggy: with them you will have some CTD with intruders and infinites loops, just use the 27.52 instead it works fine.

Cheers.

• 5 months later...

Hi there. I've owned BCM for a while now, and I just got my computer upgraded by Falcon Northwest. I'm having a problem I've never had before, and I'm not sure where to look to fix it.

The textures on...well...everything...are ridculously fuzzy until I get very close to whatever it is I'm looking at. I have the display set to 1024x768, everything on, and all bit settings are at 32 bit. The game runs incredibly smooth now, and I've yet to crash to my desktop. I tried installing the 30.82 drivers to see if there would be a change in the LOD from a distance, but it didn't change anything. How do I get the textures to read sharper at greater distances like they used to?

It's probably a silly question, but heck I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for any help!

quote:

Originally posted by netshaman:

Hi all, just to say if you have an nvidia display card, don't use the detonators 28.32, because they are crappy and buggy: with them you will have some CTD with intruders and infinites loops, just use the 27.52 instead it works fine.

Cheers.

Rubbish

Besides, the rest of us are running the 30.82 WHQL drivers already.

quote:

Originally posted by aceruger:

Hi there. I've owned BCM for a while now, and I just got my computer upgraded by Falcon Northwest. I'm having a problem I've never had before, and I'm not sure where to look to fix it.

The textures on...well...everything...are ridculously fuzzy until I get very close to whatever it is I'm looking at. I have the display set to 1024x768, everything on, and all bit settings are at 32 bit. The game runs incredibly smooth now, and I've yet to crash to my desktop. I tried installing the 30.82 drivers to see if there would be a change in the LOD from a distance, but it didn't change anything. How do I get the textures to read sharper at greater distances like they used to?

It's probably a silly question, but heck I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for any help!

Nothing to do with the game. Check the your card's settings. Maybe you went fiddling around with the AA, Aniso filtering etc etc

EDIT: I just checked your profile. Yep. Those 40.41 drivers have bug in which the aniso (and other sliders) are setting the wrong values. This can result in what you are experiencing.

Uninstall them from control panel and go back to the 30.82 WHQL drivers.

[ 09-21-2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]