Wraith station disabled

Crush7100

this freaked me out was running as a trader in a mrt-15 between galcom and wraith stations. while in lyruis system was targeted by a zel/cri starcarrier, needless to say i ran. Hypered to wraith station but as i went to dock the station immediately went disabled. No damaged to shields or hull and the starcarrier was not even there yet. a fal/mil corsair engaged the starcarrier while i ran and grabbed a couple screenshots. just trying to figure out what happened to the station. any ideas thanx

correction was in my shuttle when it happened.

I saw the same thing in Universal Combat... I flew my shuttle into the station and it vanished on my screen but it was still visible on the radar.

I exited the system and came back in and the Wraith station was just plain gone. Had to reload the game from a previous game to get the station back.

I've tried to repeat it but no luck... so far I've been bouncing back from the station.

quote:

[url=
Profile Information

You forgot a ] in your sig it should read (remove the ")

["URL=http://www.3000ad.com/register/profile.php?id=2056]System Profile Information[/url"]

Edit: Never mind I see you got it sorted...

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

It's been my experience when you destroy a space station that it disappears first, then is shortly replaced with the "damaged model" or framework. At this point it has already begun to rebuild.

Correct

Guest Fox__Trot

They broke wraith!!! Noo!!!

that damnged model ... havent seen it in uc yet ive been capturing everything

301 posts!

Ps: I just looked and noticed my sign ... and um sorry

I've experienced the same problem with the Wraith-Station with UC(RC7).

I've traded between GalcomHQ and Wraith with a MKI Shuttle and suddenly when I wanted to dock with Wraith it turned to disabled (changed directly from textured to framework). Shields and Hull were full and no enemy in range.

Later I've started a new carrier with a fresh installed and patched UC and did the same - trading between GalHQ and Wraith with the same shuttle. When I reached Wraith the second time it turned to disabled again, but this time I fortunatly had a savegame 30km in front of the station so I could do a few tests.

It turned out that Wraith always changed to disabled state when I approached the station via autopilot and I reached distance 0km. Whenever I approached Wraith without autopilot its not going disabled.

I can provide the savegame if wanted.

(Hope I get not beaten for posting UC-related things to a BCMG-Board, but I posted it here, because my last post was deleted for posting about things that where discussed before...)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dat125

This game it has TOO many bugs and they don't support it. They will tell you that you didn't install the patch correctly or that the answer is in the Manuel or the FAQ but they don't even have the courtesy to tell you what page the answer is on.

I have 3 descent computers and the game does not work on any of them I am currently pursuing options to get my money back.

Mr. Smart screwed us all on this one.

If they donÔÇÖt like what you are saying the just erase it from the form, they are big on censorship, and they don't take criticism well if at all.

P.S. I was very excited to play it until I wasted hours and hours trying to make it work.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

LOL, sorry you feel that way dat125... I am real new here, at this forum. I must say, THOSE bugs,(if you are really having problems with such) were pretty much fixed in the latest patch. I have YET to have to ask for any TECH SUPPORT(I am using a BELOW standard computer system). I have been successfully ENJOYING every minute of many hours of game play without any "BUGS" which dont have documented work arounds. ( TRUELY THANKFUL FOR MR SMART'S WORK).

[ 03-31-2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: street ]

Must agree with street. Many hours of phenomenal gameplay, no glitches encountered. You're looking at a totally satisfied customer. Better re-check your lame computer system. (The true key to happiness is when you realize that your problems are not caused by others but, rather by yourself.)

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

LOL, sorry you feel that way dat125... I am real new here, at this forum. I must say, THOSE bugs,(if you are really having problems with such) were pretty much fixed in the latest patch.

Well, then give me a hint why this bug is in UC, too!?!

I have not come across the bug where the wraith station is auto-disabled,personally;however, I believe dat125 was referring to more than that one incident or bug.

So, ZOTHEN, my answer is: "I don't know". My copy of UC is due to arrive tomorrow.

Guest Remo Williams

Opps looks like I missed one of dat125's post. To late to remove it now. You guys please pay that post no more attention. Its not worth your time responding to.

3000AD is hard at work on all known issues be patient.