game still crashes at tradecom after 1.01.3 patch

Guest dat125

Guest dat125

I got the game around the first of march, I loded it and looked online for updates found the 1.01 and 1.02 patches. When I palyed the game it crashed to the desktop when I entered tradecom after docking at any base other than the base where I launched (HQ). I then checked the forums and found a patch had just been relesed to fix that problem. I ran the 1.01.03 patch and it worked great I was on my way to conquering the universe when all the sudden when entering a base, that I had doced at several times erlier that day, the game crashed when I tried to enter tradecom.

I tried to re-install the patch, no help. and now I can't trade at HQ either. ( need fuel and missles only a few ats's left) I saw a similar message but he was talking abpout the 1.02 patch.

any help would be extreemly appreciated as I am now addicted to BCM.

by the way I dind't make any changes to the game settings or my computer between when it worked and when it started crashing again.

thankyou in advance

DAT

Guest dat125

I hear what you are saying SC but the patch did work for day or so. I had the problem, downloaded the 03 patch from this site (or link from this site, and copied it to the program file, I ran it and the game worked fine I played traded at several bases, I saved games and all of the sudden tradecom crash again.

Should I uninstall then reinstall then patch all over again. I would rather not loose my saved ROAM game my strategy was working well, I had good exp. pts. and high AI officers.

If I do reload should I just install the 03 patch or 01 and 02 as well.

Thankyou for your fast reply to my original post.

DAT

Guest dat125

I just went in again and tried it and discovered that the crash happens when I try to login to the base it doesn't even let me get to the in-station menu. Either way I removed and am now re installing it I am crossing my fingers.

DAT

Hello all. Just picked up BCM gold from my local electronics store. I'm having a few problems.

First let me preface this by saying that this game looks really cool. I can't wait to into it!

Anyway, last night I had a hell of a time. I started a roam game as a Terran/Explorer in a LRT 15. Everything was great until I started playing, I went to the Login screen at GALCOM HQ, and my game CTD. So Installed the latest patch, 1.04 or something. I patched it to the main directory, BCMG, and when I executed it said that I needed to have patch 1.0. I found this odd since it specifically states on the 3000AD download page that all the patches are incremental,ie. don't have to download previous patches. So I downloaded both patches, and installed them correctly to the BCMG folder.

Well I did that and was ready to explore the moons of jupiter. When I went to the LOGIN and GALCOM HQ(where are started) the game CTD. Ok the game doesn't like the Login at GALCOM, I just wont do that. So I start a new game and immediately LOGOUT from GALCOM. Ok, I'm cruising around in space. So far so good. So I hit alt+s to bring up TACOPS. Ok TACOPS is online. Now I go to a sub-system, I believe it was LOGISTIX. I try to use the Top down menu and the game CTD.

Yikes! So I browsed this forum looking for answers(and I saw some the other issues you guys have to deal with, wow), and I saw that another person had CTD with the TRADECOM. Sounds like the same problem. So I've just posted here.

I've read the manual, re-installed and repatched 3 times. I really dont know what else to do. If someone could help, I'm sure the great space gods would smile on you. Please help!

Ok, I went out and bought a new sound card(In profile). All the problems are fine now. Sorry for the above post. Delete it please.

Anyway, I'll be around a bit. Nice to meet you all. Now I'm off to explore Alpha Centauri. Went to Jupiters moon IO. You know, the moon of volcanos and fire? Well I guess it wasn't a good idea to get out of my ship on that planet. As soon as I left the SC1 I was killed in action. DOH! Science is fun!

Is there any way to check if the moon or planet I'm on is too hostile to leave the ship? Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Motafication:

I patched it to the main directory, BCMG, and when I executed it said that I needed to have patch 1.0. I found this odd since it specifically states on the 3000AD download page that all the patches are incremental,ie. don't have to download previous patches.

You need the 1.01.00 patch only if your retail CDROM is not already at that version. The original US versions were different from the European builds (which are 1.01.00). I have reworded the downloads page in order to avoid further confusion.