BCM-G patch question

Brooklyn51

I've been trying to apply the 101.01 patch to my installation of BCM-G without success. The game seems to run just fine but it doesn't seem to matter where (install folder, desktop etc) I run the patch exe from, it just will not take. The version # remains at 100.01 and of course I cannot apply any subsequent patches. I've dl'd the patch from several different sites just to be sure I've got a good copy. I'm running the game on XP home 1.7 GHz 256 ram. Any ideas anyone?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did. I even tried it on a different computer as well with the same results. So just to be clear, BCM-G installs to this path/directory:

C:/Program Files/Dreamcatcher/3000AD/Battlecruiser

Which directory should I place the patch in and execute it from?

• 4 months later...

Hi!

I don't understand something.

I have BCMG v. 1.00.01 (originally from CD-ROM). I've downloaded a patch 1.01.00. Readme says: "v1.00.01 (05-30-03)". I've installed this patch to other directory than BCMG. It has created directory "\DreamCatcher\3000AD\Battlecruiser Millennium Gold". main exe file ("bcm.exe") has the same size as "bcm.exe" from original game!. And after patching on the startup screen is still "v.1.00.01"! How can I correctly upgrade this game to v. 1.01.00 and after this to v. 1.01.07?

...and you wonder why the game doesn't work? Are you kidding me?! Did you not read the notice on the patch downloads page?

Yes, I've read. But now look this:

I've been trying to apply the 101.01 patch to my installation of BCM-G without success. The game seems to run just fine but it doesn't seem to matter where (install folder, desktop etc) I run the patch exe from, it just will not take. The version # remains at 100.01 and of course I cannot apply any subsequent patches. I've dl'd the patch from several different sites just to be sure I've got a good copy. I'm running the game on XP home 1.7 GHz 256 ram. Any ideas anyone?

I have to explain WHY I've installed this patch to other directory than a game directory. It was only a test. I've wanted to compare a lenght of main game exe file and a lenght of exe file from patch. And guess - both are the same! I suppose, I've bought the game, it was already patched, although the version number is 1.00.01! That was my goal. And I want to know now, why the game suggest me I have version 1.00.01, although in fact I have a version 1.01.00! And probably Brooklyn51 had the same problem - He had in fact version 1.01.00 and tried to update to version 1.01.00 because the game suggest him, he had version 1.00.01!

SC, I'm not kidding.

No matter what version you have, even if you applied the same patch over the same version, it won't do anything to prevent the game from running. The ONLY times you'll have a problem is (1) if you applied the patch incorrectly (2) you applied the wrong patch type due to the copy protection e.g. if you use the Direct2Drive patch over the CD-ROM version of the game, you'll have problems because those two use different

copy protection schemes.

No matter what version you have, even if you applied the same patch over the same version, it won't do anything to prevent the game from running.

The game seems to run just fine but it doesn't seem to matter where (install folder, desktop etc) I run the patch exe from, it just will not take. The version # remains at 100.01 and of course I cannot apply any subsequent patches.

SC, did I wrote, that I can't run the game?

Ok. doesn't matter. I think, this patch isn't in fact a patch but the same exe like main exe file from version 1.00.01. But doesn't matter, even a patch 1.01.07 don't remove gfx bug on radeon cards.

SC, I've read your posts on rage3d forum, and I know, this gfx bug isn't caused by game but by radeon drivers...maybe someday guys from ATI development department will be make good drivers....