E-mail address confusion.

OldHead3750

I thought that posting this here would be okay, since it does impact the way in which I need to comunicate with 3000ad.

A couple years back I had an AOL account, when I registered my copy of UC.

I just recently purchased UCAWA, I registered the game and also registered with the forums, but I now have a Comcast account.

Having had some problems with UCAWA running on my system I began upgrading my system & used all my original reactivations. Using my Comcast account I could not get through to support to request a new CD-Key, out of curiosity I logged onto my old AOL account(that account had been tranfered and is in my son's name) and I got through to support instantly. Long winded, I know. Sorry.

Anyway, my question is how do I go about getting the old AOL email address removed from your db and replaced with my current Comcast email address to avoid this in the future.

Actually we don't store emails in our dB. If your AOL email address went through to us (it did, because I gave you a new CD-KEY yesterday), then it means you already passed the challenge response sent by ChoiceMail One, our spam filter.

If you sent email to [email protected] using your new email addresss, then received a challenge response and didn't respond to it, then your email will never get through. You might want to try that again and be sure to check your Comcast spam filter in case it is trapping the challenge response email sent back by ChoiceMail One when you send email using the new account.

I did receive the new CD-Key, thank you.

I have checked my comcast spam filter and there are/were no trapped responces back to Choice Mail One.

The only thing I find interesting is that I did respond to the numerical challenge from Choice Mail one, I think on 2/7 0r 2/8, but that was with my first Comcast email to

[email protected], but I did not have any reference to UCAWA spelled out in the subject or text.

I was not challenged at all when I used my old AOL address. The one you received.

I sent two tests today to support with the Comcast address, one without any reference to UCAWA spelled out and one with UCAWA spelled out completly in the subject box and the text area. I was not challenged on either one.

Both browsers are installed on this system plus IE, but I only use Comcast, Comcast is the default browser. I don't see that to be a Problem. Any thoughts.

When you have the time.

Again, Thank you.

So obviously you either didn't respond to the

challenge or Comcast filtered it out. If you don't have the full name of the game in either the subject or the body of the email, you will be challenged.

If you don't get a challenge response at least once, we never - ever - get to see your email.

Pretty simple really.

My thoughts are Comcast somehow is filtering it out and not providing a report, which I'm suppose to get.

I know I did respond to the challenge.

Thanks for the responces.

I'm off to do battle with Comcast. I have in at Comcast,I hope, My son-inlaw is an accountant for them and work directly for the director of the depatment. Yeah right

Why don't you just try it again first? If after you send the email you don't get a challenge response back within ten minutes, that means Comcast is blocking it.

EDIT: I have manually added your Comcast email to the ChoiceMail One dB. You should have no problem sending/receiving emails from us now.

[ 02-19-2006, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I received your email, Thank You.

I did discover that Comcast uses Trust Watch by GeoTrust and they had 3000.ad as not verified. That could be a reason for the challenge not being returned. I corrected that.

I still have the original BC that I got from Chips & Bits way back if I remember right, loaded with all your patches on my old 486.

Thank You again and best regards

• 4 months later...

Have no idea where to post this message but anyway i wonder Sc if you are ever going to get rid of the activation requirement?I never see this game at any warez sites.So i think no one is ripping this game off.I have bought every game version since the first.

With the last one i ran out of acivations and have not been able to play it since.I have to reformat my machine because of program development that i do.Anyway i miss playing this great game

I am never going to remove it. The reason it is not on Warez sites, should be obvious I think.

If you have run out of activations, there is a forum topic for requesting a new one. Dunno how you missed that.

....and what - exactly - are you doing on warez sites?

Hi SC

Thanks for answering

Well if i'am going to make a statement about weather you are being ripped off or not i have to check out these sites.Yeah i guess you are

right about the reason it is not on those sites.

I thought the reason being was that some people

may not have enongh brains to play the game.

Anyway thanks for a great game and i will request more activations