Online Celebration

Just to confirm...

Online gathering for

Saturday/Sunday, December 15/16

4 PM-9 PM Eastern Time US (GMT -5)

9 PM-2 AM GMT 0 (For all you UKers out there.)

On the chat channel given above by Badmoon.

ADIT: Just tried the page link for the chat applet and it's not working - any ideas why?

-GD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by voyager:

Newbie here (at least with chat stuff anyway) can somebody put some step by step procedures on how to get into this chat room? and if I have to download someting?

Nick

Just click on the link. I found that I had to download something but just click yes.

*grrrrr*

Typical. All set - and then something comes up.

I may not be able to make much of the chat tomorrow - if at all. Sorry, but real life has a habit of rearing it's ugly head when you least expect it.

I encourage as many other people to get together as possible, though. Who knows - the SC might even make an appearance!

-GD

Just tried to log on thru starnova and mirc according to the link on the other page, but both seemed to be inoperable. Unable to connect to server. Can anyone confirm this? Or is my firewall crisping those packets? (Actually no, can't be. Turned it off for a moment. Same result.)

Hold on, the above date says "Saturday/Sunday", but which one is it, Saturday or Sunday? Or is this one of those international date line things?

Either way, count me in.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

quote:

Saturday/Sunday, December 15/16

4 PM-9 PM Eastern Time US (GMT -5)

9 PM-2 AM GMT 0 (For all you UKers out there.)

My guess that would be:

4pm-9pm (saturday afternoon/evening) for the US people, and ...

9pm-2am (saturday evening until sunday night/early morning) for (us) 'near UK'-ers.

I'm ready to drop in, if I'm allowed that is. My guess is that the suggested server is not working anymore. As I have no problem connecting other servers (mentioned in Mirc). Or else I'm at a loss.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

There's allways the chance I did something wrong, but going by the latest version (5.91 32-bit):

-File/Options menu: press the "Add" button on the popping up window (the "connect" branch on the left is allready selected).

-Enter (any arbitrary) description, also the chat.server.something string below that, I left the port number as-is (appearantly a standard), leave the group entry empty (wasn't mentioned on the other thread page), and password shouldn't be neccessary as it is a public chat server.

- close the (2nd smaller entry) window with the add button.

- press the wide 'connect to server' button to start connecting to it.

If all goes well you'll eventually get logged on and you can select a channel. But mine just says "Unable to connect (Connection refused)" and it keeps trying.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Looks like the Starnova IRC is down - I can't log onto their IRC servers or their web site.

I am currently idling in irc.galaxynet.org (port 6667) #bcm . Join me! *grin*. I'll be there for another hour or so.

-GD

Just go to the ISS site and click on BC chat, followed by "yes" on the permission window. Then type your name in the "put name here blank.

EDIT: I'm surprised SC hasn't shown up yet.

ANOTHER EDIT: The ISS site is here.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Come on, SC, join the party!

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]