The one that got away... catch and release story

kschang

I decided I've had enough of the Terran quadrant, so I decided to roam a bit... Headed for Credian quadrant. I was plying Zelana, Herin, Antis, Khan, and I managed to take out EACH of the hostile bases, by flying at the supply station instead of the star station itself... Guess I'm lucky enough to bypass a lot of the defenses. However, I still weren't able to capture one as usually the enemy defenders managed to blow up their own station trying to shoot at me.

Any way, a criminal Garid jumped in. I shot him down to about 250 hull. He was disabled. So I towed him and decided to head back to Herin. There were other disabled fighters as other ships VES/TER/FAL/etc. decided to all go after the ODS I left standing, and they ended up fighting each other. I ordered SC1 to tow the disabled fighter to Herin's station. I'll join the shuttle there in a minute.

After SC1 went through the gate, and I was on my way, 2 hostile stardrones TER/INS appeared at the gate, heading my way! I can't fight 2 fighters with a towed ship behind me, and I need to let the ship recharge. So... I raised the shields while still in HJ (it works), which cuts off the tractor.

I killed one of the Stardrones and disabled the other one. I told SC1 to come back to tow this disabled for a reward as well, while I went after the GARID I dropped. It's 3000 km away, and it has actually RESTORED shields! It's at 1250 and climbing!

I HJ'ed to the GARID while issuing orders to SC1 to jump back, tow the stardrone, jump to HERIN, and deliver the fighter, then come back. I got to GARID, when ANOTHER enemy ship decided to come after me. Reluctantly I must "honor the threat". This Starcarrier (RAI?) didn't last very long as I was able to blast it JUST as it came out of hyper.

Okay, go after the GARID again. This time he's only 100 km or so away.

Wait a minute... his speed just dropped to 0. Let's get this over with... A/B engaged...

GARID HJ'ed! He fixed his engines!

I quickly set A/P to go after it again.

GARID came out of HJ near the gate... Except the gate just spewed a TER/MIL Warmonger! Who proceed to riddle the GARID full of holes.

Darn! You stole my capture!

Good story. Usually for me, in chaotic encounters like that, I get a call from my wife asking me how she looks in her new outfit.

I'm still trying to capture all hostile stations in the Terran quadrant. Thats my role in my current ROAM campaign. I was doing great until recently with a couple of enemy stations (don't remember their race/caste). I guess I'm a bull in a china closest, because I keep blowing them up before getting the SOS. In the meantime, at least I'm the BC equivalent to "made", getting fleet C&C.

The game rocks hard.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Good story. Usually for me, in chaotic encounters like that, I get a call from my wife asking me how she looks in her new outfit.

LMAO!!!!

Yup I know that pain all to well but with three kids its usually something like feed/change one of the babies or check see what the 3 year old is at (because he's gone too quiet)