YKYBPTMBCW

Tyrn

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Crush:

The building you work at loses power and and the first thing that goes through your mind is "RESNIG!!!!!!"

lol

LOL!! Thats a funny one

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

YKYBPTMBCW

Your wife wants a friggin' divorce, and I've barely had the game.

ack, thats easy, we've all been there at some point or another. Join the club.

You have more than two installs.

You are talking to a friend about the game and region names roll off your tongue like they just up the road.

You have memorized the route from Earth to Polaris and can fly there without navitron.

In the same vein as Chavik:

You know that a Y as in Procon vs Procyon makes a galaxy worth of difference.

You have maps showing both locations visible from your computer.

You reference those maps during game play rather than the Navitron because your maps have notes attached that the Navitron doesn't.

Just having a final look at the forum before I go to bed 2:40am, been testing MP all night

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

You have maps showing both locations visible from your computer.

You reference those maps during game play rather than the Navitron because your maps have notes attached that the Navitron doesn't.

this just struck me as being so true.

only in my case I have them up on another PC html and JavaScript mouseover popups

(still not converted the javascript for other browsers yet. IE only)

[ 06-11-2004, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

Hmm typo's really should run a spell checker over the pages when I'm done.

All the right letters but not necessarily in the right order

I call that FFS (Fat Finger Syndrome).

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

PS...works as is under Moz 1.3.1

Thanks for the info the code was the new code was supposed to be multiple browser compatible

I stripped out all the old JavaScript and php code from the original pages and started from scratch.

Yep it used to connect to a database for all the data.

It would retrieve the data for any hot spot find the maximum number of characters on any line,

the total number of rows in any popup which was actually a new window activated by a mouse click.

from the max line length and number of rows then calculated the correct window size and position on the screen taking into account the cursor position to prevent the window scrolling off screen.

For me that was complicated code and I had no chance of converting it plus it was so slow.

From around 500+ lines of code its probably less than 30 and all contained on a single html page.

I'm no longer checking for the right hand side or bottom page limit so just scroll the page if necessary.

If you want a copy of it just select the "FULL SCRENE" (intentional typo ) from the page then "save as" from your browser you may need to change file names.

Each map is made up of 2 files the .jpg for the map and the .html containing the hard coded data.

• 7 months later...

When you're trying to change your car's gear pressing the radio button from 0 to 9....(...remember that here in Italy we usually drive cars with manual gear...)