Nightstar carrier and new shield fx

Supreme Cmdr

I was going to post some shots of my new all time favorite ship model (until now, that was the starcarrier), but decided to give a sneak peak of the new shield fx as well.

There are eight shots now up

That new vertex shader shield fx is dynamic (i.e. is an animated fx similar to the 3D shockwaves). It glows brighter at the point of the hit. When shields are full, it is Blue. When low and almost breached, it is Red. When shields are totally breach, a new electricity fx (not in the shot) is played all over ship (similar to the cloaking and similar electricity) simulating an imminenent total hull/armor breach.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Btw, do shuttles on ap actually fly in on that launch deck's glidepath? Might be fun to stand on the deck and watch one come in... then again maybe not.

One of items in my TODO list is to use the /ship tag vectors and allow ships to use them to dock with cap ships and stations. Its at the bottom of my list, but if I don't run out of time and it gets implemented, thats exactly what they will do. Right now, that tag is only used to determine where they launch from, not where they dock.

OMG OMG

OMG

SC that Nightstar looks AMAZING! reminds me of the Marine ship in Aliens.

I almost didn't recognise it at first it looks VERY different to its BCM counterpart.

Shield effects are very reminisant of Star Trek and are also very cool!

Suffice to say I have a new Desktop Wallpaper.

I have pretty much always selected the Nightstar as my ship of choice so I was eagerly awaiting these pics and you have not dissappointed.

Once again OMG

This new version of the Nightstar carrier...

I can't wait to take this one for a deep-space ride!!!

As for the new shield fx, it looks spectacular!!!

The thing that most amazed me is this shell-like shape it takes around the ship's hull when it's been hit. I guess that's exactly most of us think when we hear the word "shield". It's colour variations are also fantastic!

In one phrase: very, very goooood!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Suffice to say I have a new

Here are three better ones (3MB)

God SC your killing me here. Those shots are excellent.

Anticiptation overload!

Overload!

Again Excellent Work!

The ship designs you have shown us are more brooding and menacing than in BCM and instantly bring back memories of the ships from Aliens or the battleships from Starship troopers(sorry only frame of reference I have). I don't know the new image(s) just easily conjour up the image of a hulking capitol class ship which they are suppose to be. You can almost feel the atmosphere ooze out of those shots. They're dark, they're brooding, they're imposing, they ROCK

I have re-uploaded the archive

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

Not that it matters but I like the old BCM version of the Nightstar tho the new one does look cool and the shield

You must be kidding.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

I wonder whether we will see the opposite in non-military ships ie. bright, white and harmless...

Since when did we have non-military ships? Are we talking about the same game?

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

Since when did we have non-military ships? Are we talking about the same game?

I don't view transports as very militarised vessels... especially considering we have harmless castes. [/QB]

1. I wasn't speaking to you

2. The game is a military game and I don't care what YOU consider to be a non-military asset, there are NO such assets in ANY of my games. And an unarmed transport is still an unarmed military transport, regardless of the caste thats using it.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I have re-uploaded the archive

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

[qb] Not that it matters but I like the old BCM version of the Nightstar tho the new one does look cool and the shield

You must be kidding.

I dunno the BCM version I dunno..I just like. It appeals to me the way that the new version will....someday...

PLZ stop posting more screenshots!!!!!

They are so good and make me wanna get the game so much that im going to have a heart attack one day and die from those perfect shots.

U HAVE US HOOKED!!!! WE WILL BUY IT!!!! NoW STOP TORTURING US!!!!!!

PS I know noone has seen me for a while, thats because i got Neocron which i currently play every waking moment of my life.

PPS if anyone plays im on servers SATURN: TheBunny PLUTO: Grundee

c u all!!!!

PPPS u wont b see ing me for a while more most likely i have a clan to look after u know