Wow, check it out folks! BCG hit PCG!

weegee_101

Wow! The magazine company that gave (Take 2's)Battlecruiser a 10% (If I remember correctly) seems to be looking forward to Battlecruiser: Generations! This is really cool. Eat that trolls, your lovely PCG doesn't seem to support you anymore.

Bout time someone who can reach a lot of people mentions something about a future Battlecruiser game. Check it out in April's issue p. 44.

It'll be very hard to find an excuse to hate BCG. Its a game of its own kind, so no comparisons here, and the graphics and sounds (i belive) are more than up to date which were the main factors of BCM getting bad reviews.

Ohh, yeah, and it has multiplayer now

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

Check it out in April's issue p. 44.

...of what magazine, PC Gamer?

heh, they gave BC3K 2.0 and BCM good scores. Check the reviews page of the website.

I haven't received my PCG issue yet. So, what does it say? What is the spread like? etc etc

[ 03-03-2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I haven't received my PCG issue yet. So, what does it say? What is the spread like? etc etc

Your a lucky man SC. It was one of the games featured in their "2003 PC Gamer Review Blowout". What makes you so lucky compared to most of the other games is, THEY GAVE YOU A LARGER BOX THAN MOST OF THEM!!!(Other games that got large boxes include Black & White 2, Counter Strike: Condition Zero, and other games they constantly talk about) W00t, someone is looking forward to your new game. Here, I'll post what they said too.

quote:

Previously intended as an addon for
Battlecruiser Millienium
Generations
is now a stand-alone game, making it the fourth in the tumultous
Battlecruiser
series. The graphics engine has been overhauled (in fact you'll need at least a PIII 1GHz system to play BG) and the game boasts more advanced AI, better multiplayer support, and loads of new and updated features that are sure to have fans of the franchise begging for more. Beginning where
Millienium
left off,
Generations
will also be the spacesim appetizer that comes before the currently-in-development
Battlecruiser Online

All I've got to say is, where does BCM leave off??? I haven't reached a dead end yet...

Oh and Elio, after about 3 years of subscriptions (I signed up when the first issue came out) I started receiving it before it got to most other people. Hell, currently I'm probably one of their best customers with 6 years of subscriptions remaining.

There is another mention of Battlecruiser in the magazine. In the Mad Dog McCree review (page 116), Matthew Peckham writes "I'd rather play the unpatched version of Battlecruiser 3000AD with my eyes stapled open for 24 hours straight then waste an 11th minute on this game." He gave Mad Dog McCree a 4% rating.

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

There is another mention of Battlecruiser in the magazine. In the Mad Dog McCree review (page 116), Matthew Peckham writes "I'd rather play the unpatched version of Battlecruiser 3000AD with my eyes stapled open for 24 hours straight then waste an 11th minute on this game." He gave Mad Dog McCree a 4% rating.

He's talking about the Take 2 release, and that kind of comparison makes sense

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

He's talking about the Take 2 release, and that kind of comparison makes sense

hehe, yep, it sure does