BCG Beta 2 Shots

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Do the planetside assets/buildings have shadows?

Thats the plan. Its in the todo list and will get in at some point.

quote:

Will those dense regions have relevant ambient background sound (eg. birds, trees etc)?

No ambient sounds, but the plan is to have birds, insects, animals etc

Guest Fox__Trot

You had best never release this game or you might kill someone at gamespot I sware this game looks nice and nicer every day and the gameplays been there since BCM (This might be the only game that ive heard a complaint about it being too open ended in a review)

weeeee I cant wait for this one

quote:

Originally posted by Hellbinder:

Pardon the uncontroled exuberance here but..

Daaaaiiiiiiiiiimn Boooy
... You guys are just kicking some but on this game!! The terrain looks fabulous. The new Hud is freaking great. The models, lighting.. we are talking sweeet!!. I am seriously wondering how any of upcomming reviewers are going to be able to fault the Graphics this time around. when you consider the Scale of rendering entire planets all to scale within an entire Galaxy. sheesh. Again That/Those new Hud/s are very impressive.

Hey, is there perchance still some time to toss in some deer and rabits. Looking at those terrain picks made me want to do some Buck hunting. Heck realy that looks like the only mising feature from this game. some Big Game Hunting heh. Roll on up onto some foreign planet and whip out a nice 6 point Space Yak for trade to the Gamulans

In all seriousness, you guys are just doing a damn fine job. There can be no doubt that this game is going to be the Difinative Space Sim of all time.

heh, if you change the subject, you automatically created a new topic. So, I've deleted yours and just posted your message in here for you.

List of animals/insects etc in the game

5 animals

4 birds

6 fish

2 insects

2 reptiles

oh, and its not a space sim anymore

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

4 birds

6 fish

quote:

oh, and its not a space sim anymore

LOL!!! SC, you need to add fisherman and birdwatcher castes!

oh? I thought the Explorers would fit that bill just fine.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

quote:

5 animals

4 birds

6 fish

2 insects

2 reptiles

Any info you care to share on the approx per planet poulation of said animals?? you know real general like. Will it be a rare thing to see them? Or will see a few here and there with each stroll through the woods/swim

Are there any plans for any sort of atmospheric glow for the planets? I mean, everything looks so much better (textures, colors, poly count.. etc.), but the planets still seems really plain from space, especially close up. Also, we arn't going to see the Earth pop up in different parts of the solar system are we?

I find that a bit odd.

Also I'm new, and I love this game... really looking forward to an updated version

SC,to contain myself? was this for me? ...emm,u want to destroy what i am? ...okay (anyway,u took offence there?duh,dunno whats wrong in being in delirium for waiting BCG...what a guy - dont be so serious )

Anyway,its not fair...this game is/will be just too damn much good!...

Anyway,the weapons effects r cool...tnx for posting what i requested (although,i dont think that you did this because of my request ).

The jungle is just...oh man,so sweet...now u could do some REAL COVERT OPS for taking-over a base for example(whoa,u gotta have you instincts on MAX!like in OFP!yeah,perfect!)...geez,its going to be verry nice,no doubt.ahhh,wtf,dont read this crap...its goin' to be S-W-double E-T .

Ok,thats it for now...ill post when BCG is done (or at least when the demo is out).Till then,have a nice time not having me torn your nerves ,people! (expectations are nerve munchers)

CheerzZz (hot weather can do strange things to a human's mind)

p.s.:Multitasking system:reading news while on the toilette

Animals, birds etc are just there for populating the terrain and making it more alive. However, the aggressive animals (e.g. the bear, snake etc) will attack (just like regular NPCs) if you are too close etc and you will take injury. Yes, you can kill them since they are just regular 3D models like any other in the game.