New UC shots

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I didn't want to start a new thread but I have a question for the SC or anyone else that might be familiar with UC.

I've put a lot of time into BCM and love the gameplay to the point where I have no desire to take it off my HD. Does UC completely supplant the need for BCM? Or do you see them as somewhat different games where maybe BCM still has something to offer, i.e. they SHOULD coexist on my HD.

While I'm at it, what about the UC controls? I know the BCM controls where I can probably recite the keycard in my sleep. Is there a key config in UC that has a more or less BCM feel where I will quickly feel at home? Or is the game out of the box, VERY friendly to BCM players. Ok I think that last question is stupid but I'm curious what effect the games new direction has had on its "feel".

Thanks in advance!

quote:

Does UC completely supplant the need for BCM? Or do you see them as somewhat different games where maybe BCM still has something to offer, i.e. they SHOULD coexist on my HD.

UC is still BCG. it's only been renamed.

UC is BCM upgraded 100 times. whatever is in UC you probably wont find in BCM

BTW nice water effects SC and the ships looks nice

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

will we be able to toggle VTT tags on and off similar to HUD declutter?

Yes. Also, when its on, if you use STT, it will be toggled off automatically.

I have added six more shots showing various interface revisions. Notice the TTDs in the Tacscan where you can cycle through them easily using the mouse. And in the Tacops shot, notice that the range (RNG: value updated in real-time) to all targets now appears in all target menus. This allows you to see how far targets (e.g. threats attacking you) are from you without having to select them first.

[ 10-03-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

will we be able to toggle VTT tags on and off similar to HUD declutter?

Yes. Also, when its on, if you use STT, it will be toggled off automatically.

I have added six more shots showing various interface revisions. Notice the TTDs in the Tacscan where you can cycle through them easily using the mouse. And in the Tacops shot, notice that the range (RNG: value updated in real-time) to all targets now appears in all target menus. This allows you to see how far targets (e.g. threats attacking you) are from you without having to select them first.

Nice. I like the revisions to the pullout menu look and tat range option will be a great help for target priority.

got a few questions SC

will SOP work now? cause iv never seen the light come on but i think u once said, just stop at a close enough range and do what u gotta do in orbit. if its implemented can we do geostationary orbits? cause i think u once said u would only see areas below ur orbiting CC, and it would suck if ur on the ground and u rotate out from under ur CC and cant get help for a moment.

and can STO shoot us down if were in orbit? can we man STO and shoot down craft in orbit?

i remember u mentioning ODS will keep OTS from locking on, is it gonna be in UC? or just BCO?

quote:

Originally posted by Enigma:

got a few questions SC

will SOP work now? cause iv never seen the light come on but i think u once said, just stop at a close enough range and do what u gotta do in orbit. if its implemented can we do geostationary orbits? cause i think u once said u would only see areas below ur orbiting CC, and it would suck if ur on the ground and u rotate out from under ur CC and cant get help for a moment.

and can STO shoot us down if were in orbit? can we man STO and shoot down craft in orbit?

i remember u mentioning ODS will keep OTS from locking on, is it gonna be in UC? or just BCO?

SOP is not implemented and that icon will be removed at some point. Adding orbital approach profile is just another layer of complexity I don't want to deal with. The game works fine right now without it and nothing gained/lost by adding it - except the time wasted in actually doing it.

quote:

Ok SC, explain "boiling snow" please.

Will I do? Boiling also means turbulent or violent. It "looks" wrong when applied to snow because most people associate it with water but it really is correct even if it looks a bit weird.

Ever heard of boiling mad or boiling angry?

(AOL's Webster entry for adjective form)

quote:

Main Entry: [1]boil┬Àing

Pronunciation: 'boi-li[ng]

Function: adjective

Date: 14th century

1 a : heated to the boiling point b : TORRID (a boiling sun)

2 : intensely agitated (a boiling sea) (boiling with anger)